• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
some good advice on the leather soul page regarding sizing of 2298

width

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also how about flat welt?

i prefer to keep it as a barbour welt. perhaps on a richards boot i would go flat but the rugged brogue looks best with barbour imo. what do you think?

I'm in.

I got same size in 2298 as in 4497.
The 2298 fits a bit snugger. I can wear 4497 with heavy socks but dress socks with the 2298.

awesome, cool so you are sizing down 1 from US?

Slonukhi58

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,I've been thinking of getting a pair of green boots for a while and,as I don't possess any Cordovan shoes or boots,these sound great! Any chance of having brass ski-hooks in addition to the eyelets? If so,I am most definitely interested.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi Everyone,I've been thinking of getting a pair of green boots for a while and,as I don't possess any Cordovan shoes or boots,these sound great! Any chance of having brass ski-hooks in addition to the eyelets? If so,I am most definitely interested.

hello sir. we are doing all metal eyelets on this. if you havent yet, trickers metal eyelets are very easy to lace up and very fast. without any risk of speedhooks catching anything. i love their metal eyelets!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hello sir. we are doing all metal eyelets on this. if you havent yet, trickers metal eyelets are very easy to lace up and very fast. without any risk of speedhooks catching anything. i love their metal eyelets!

Agreed completely. Normally I am a speedhook fan but their all eyelets are quite easy to deal with

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Exactly. Same reason I like the green lining just helps to pull the green tones out of the shell.

ok so I spoke with richard and they dont have the dark green pulltab available (not sure why because ive seen it available but oh well). brown pull tab okay with everyone?

also, more great news, this boot can indeed be made on the 2298 last. Richard confirmed this with the factory

The welt stitching will be tan and should give the boot some pop without attracting too much attention as typical for a Trickers boot

Also really cool, Richard only required a deposit of 100gbp per pair upon ordering with the rest due upon completion

EVEN more great news, we dont need a 6th person as Richard said he too likes this model and will fill out the order

so finally, can we confirm these specs? ill PM everyone this evening to gather your info

1. Model: Eaton (minus the Medallion) which looks a lot like the Junya make-up

2. Last: w2298

3. Colour: Cipresso Green Comipel Shell Cordovan

4. Lining: Vintage Green

5. Eyelets/Speedhooks: All Brass Eyelets

6. Laces: Dark Brown (matching laces and pull tabs would be a nice touch)
7. Pull Tabs: Green
width

8. Welt Type and Colour: Flat Medium Brown (Richard said not to be too ‘precise’ about the colour of the Welt finish, as they can vary, and choice is quite limited.) with tan stitching (tan with copper eyelets will be awesome)
With Tan Stitching

9. Sole Type and Colour: Brown Dainite

5 interested, we need 1 more for a go. Cost in the high 600s with shipped, shipped Parcel force. Order will be submitted as soon as we get the 6th member. Once we have 6, ill send everyone a PM and send over your details to Richard.

interested so far:
@mothball
@rydenfan
@Calikid
@zippyh

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
awesome news all around! I know you and Zippy were back and forth on storm welt vs flat welt, was there a consensus?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
im in indifferent to be honest. i would go for either. i actually like the look of the flat welt. i just dont want to rock the boat at this point, want all 5 of us to get there. what does everyone say? flat welt would be a nice touch, not often seen on a trickers boot. would suit the 2298 last nicely. are you open to either? i can ask richard for his opinion (emailing him now)

@zippyh

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene