1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

trends you hate on plebs

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by BubblyMasquerade, Oct 15, 2009.

1. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

Guys, this is trends you hate on plebeians. Trends you hate on patricians should go in a separate thread.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It would be interesting to have a week in WAYWT were you couldn't wear anything from my list, the results would be interesting, I'd struggle for sure.

Yeah, that would be tough. Hmmm... You left out 5EP, so I could wear those jeans. Also, I have a pair of JohnBul, but I doubt that they would fit me right now. Belts, no problem. Casual tops, I guess that I have a lot of random stuff - off the top of my head, Rittenhouse, Varvatos (though those are really ripped up since I used them for rough work), Helmet of the Will, Forniture Civile, European Culture, Nicolo Ceschi Berrini, Burberry, Jil Sander, Mr. Olive... and plenty of everday tops from AA and Splendid Mills, so that would work as well. I like my Common Projects, but I could go to Margiela kicks, or Adidas, Vans, etc... Outerwear would be a problem though. I do have an old Costume National piece I could bring out, but it is sort of raggedy. You forgot Rag&Bone, and I have a piece from them, as well as an old Corpus jacket and my Margiela. So... doable. But yeah, putting things together would be a bit more of a challenge.

3. Eccentric

Eccentric Senior member

Versus cuffed selvage jeans?

Oh I forgot how much that little white strip looks better than normal cross stitching.

I have a hunch he was referring more to cuffed jeans where the external seam is not pressed open, so it is just a bunched up line of unattractive, wrinkled fabric.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Can I wear like old Helmut Lang, Jil Sander and new Lanvin? I think I could actually not have problems with what you guys listed. Say wear suits or blazers + dress pants and Corthay dress shoes or Vass boots.

5. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

^ we should do that,

only rye's list though.

6. Eccentric

Eccentric Senior member

Guys, this is trends you hate on plebeians. Trends you hate on patricians should go in a separate thread.

Good point. To contribute properly, I'll add the Abercrombie/douchebag look. Not as prevalent in college as high school, but it still ocasionally rears its loathsome head.

Also, I really hate seeing somebody who would look really good were it not for fucking ugly shoes. That one always makes me shake my head.

7. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

i hate everyone, and every fcking thing

THIS IS MY WAR

8. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Yeah, that would be tough. Hmmm... You left out 5EP, so I could wear those jeans. Also, I have a pair of JohnBul, but I doubt that they would fit me right now. Belts, no problem. Casual tops, I guess that I have a lot of random stuff - off the top of my head, Rittenhouse, Varvatos (though those are really ripped up since I used them for rough work), Helmet of the Will, Forniture Civile, European Culture, Nicolo Ceschi Berrini, Burberry, Jil Sander, Mr. Olive... and plenty of everday tops from AA and Splendid Mills, so that would work as well. I like my Common Projects, but I could go to Margiela kicks, or Adidas, Vans, etc... Outerwear would be a problem though. I do have an old Costume National piece I could bring out, but it is sort of raggedy. You forgot Rag&Bone, and I have a piece from them, as well as an old Corpus jacket and my Margiela. So... doable. But yeah, putting things together would be a bit more of a challenge.
    PF Flyers, Earnest Sewn Kyrre, Shades of Greige flannel, Apolis waxed jacket. Done. If we get to use Rag & Bone, then this will be REALLY easy. And he didn't say anything about Alden so I have boots as well.

9. quevola

quevola Senior member

Krane
    Kicking mule
    Engineered Garments
    Woolrich
    Imperial
    Crate
    Converse
    Nom De Guerre
    J Crew
    Sperry
    Samurai
    Red Wing
    Church's
    Skull Jeans
    Allen Edmonds
    Uniqlo
    BOO
    Flat Head
    Rick Owen
    Carpe Diem
    Julius
    Quoddy
    Crescent Down Works
    Opening Ceremony
    Acne
    Gitman
    APC
    Dry Bones
    Patrik Ervell
    Robert Geller
    Timothy Hamilton
    The Hill Side
    Common Projects
    W+H
    Somet
    RPM 45
    Inapt
    Sugar Cane

Great list, but you forgot Kill City.[​IMG]

10. jet

jet Senior member

^if you add belgians I would have nothing to wear

i hate those kids who got all their tattos in one month and have the stupid cartoonish ones all up their arms etc.

this

I love how everyone has a tattoo these days, makes me even tighter for not having one [​IMG]

11. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

I love how everyone has a tattoo these days, makes me even tighter for not having one [​IMG]
    i hate it i don't ever go out of my way to have mine covered/uncovered but when it is showing, i get sucked into these vapid conversations with du's telling me about their plans for a full sleeve.

12. jet

jet Senior member

13. Rye GB

Rye GB Senior member

Great list, but you forgot Kill City.[​IMG]
    I only listed "Style Forum" approved.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I only listed "Style Forum" approved.

I hereby officially approve Kill City. Please add to list.

15. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

J Crew
    Redwings
    Clarks

16. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

bootcut jeans that are too long and tucked into the back of sneakers so they don't drag it's like

can't you see there is a fucking problem when your pants have to be tucked into your shoe to be wearable? buy better pants.

now that you mention this, pants that are frayed all over the hem because they're too long are always worn by completely average looking girls and it makes them look trashy as fuck

17. Brigden

Brigden Senior member

I'm amazed no one mentioned the most heinous trend crime of all...

Mustaches.

Particularly, ironic mustaches. They inspire murderous rage. Comparatively, everything in this thread is totally kosher.

18. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I'm amazed no one mentioned the most heinous trend crime of all...

Mustaches.

Particularly, ironic mustaches. They inspire murderous rage. Comparatively, everything in this thread is totally kosher.

+999 HP

19. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Untucked shirts with ties, especially when paired with jeans. Are you casual or are you formal; what's the deal??

20. Teger

Teger Senior member

suit vests worn without a suit. really almsot all vests suck