1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

trends you hate on plebs

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by BubblyMasquerade, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

^^Haha yeah I was about to post suit vests worn by themselves. Easiest way to look like you're trying too hard is to don a vest.

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Suit vest without suits is ridic, but I think there are certain vests that actually look great sans suit. Particularly wool or thicker type vests that help with layering in winter too. Suit vest fail big time though, agreed.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

meh, I think most of the time even the EG/workwear heavy wool vest looks kind of contrived and dorky. puffer/down vests can look cool.

4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

meh, I think most of the time even the EG/workwear heavy wool vest looks kind of contrived and dorky. puffer/down vests can look cool.

I think that's true when the full out workwear ensemble is attempted. I'm not down with the overly done often costume-y looks that the look-book does with many pieces, but in their own context I think it looks nice. I wouldn't wear it with a top hat, cane, full length overcoat, pocket watch for instance...who are we kidding with that biz?

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

I think that's true when the full out workwear ensemble is attempted. I'm not down with the overly done often costume-y looks that the look-book does with many pieces, but in their own context I think it looks nice. I wouldn't wear it with a top hat, cane, full length overcoat, pocket watch for instance...who are we kidding with that biz?
    it can look good when its not the primary piece in the look, when its heavily layered and its hard to even tell its a vest

6. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

it can look good when its not the primary piece in the look, when its heavily layered and its hard to even tell its a vest
    Agreed with that sentiment. On another note, I'm so sick of seeing stone washed dad jeans with running sneakers on men, especially between the ages of 18-35. What the fuck man for real? Someone else mentioned how they notice jeans get all caught up or even purposefully tucked into these fucking Reebok pump shits. I feel sick to my stomach when I see this. For the same price of these ugly ass stone washes, a pair of dark Levi's will fix that horrific shit up. And although they're not anything mind-blowing, a pair of Purcel's to go along with them would automatically upgrade this nightmare. Fuuuuuuuu

7. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

I hate Crocs on men, women and children alike.

However people are ragging on women wearing Uggs, Northface, Flip flops, etc. I don't really mind what a women wears as long as she wears it well. A naked women wearing only Uggs is hot, you guys should experience it.

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

I dont really care that much about womens clothing trends other than fat girls wearing tights

another one that I've seen lately is really tacky bomber jackets

9. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I hate Crocs on men, women and children alike.

However people are ragging on women wearing Uggs, Northface, Flip flops, etc. I don't really mind what a women wears as long as she wears it well. A naked women wearing only Uggs is hot, you guys should experience it.

Haha, even though a naked woman can also look great with only Crocs on her feet too, doesn't mean they should do that does it? GTFO with Uggs. I'd rather have my woman wear a pair of pumps to go with her naked body.

And if I see a woman wearing Uggs with say PINK splattered all over her ass, as hot as she is, it's still a disaster. Stay classy ladies.

10. HelloIDistance

I dont really care that much about womens clothing trends other than fat girls wearing tights

Lol yeah dude fat girls wearing tights or leggings is ridiculous, everytime I see that I can't help but laugh.

11. HelloIDistance

Haha, even though a naked woman can also look great with only Crocs on her feet too, doesn't mean they should do that does it? GTFO with Uggs. I'd rather have my woman wear a pair of pumps to go with her naked body.

And if I see a woman wearing Uggs with say PINK splattered all over her ass, as hot as she is, it's still a disaster. Stay classy ladies.

Haha not for me man. If a chick was wearing crocs I could not take her seriously. I hate crocs, I really don't mind Uggs. I happen to even like Uggs sometimes on women.

12. jet

jet Senior member

hahaa been seeing this too

i ran into some dude i used to go to school with last year and he was wearing a graphic t with a vest but i still managed to keep a straight face when i said wassup man

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

This loud Jersey girl, who stands out like a sore thumb here in Utah, with whom I work was so excited about her new Ed Hardy shoes with giant eagles on them because part of her job is teaching people about eagles. WTF. They will go great with all of the massive southwestern jewelry that she wears.

14. snake

snake Senior member

15. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Old guys in Flat Head shirts.

- B

16. hnlax

hnlax Senior member

Agreed with that sentiment.

On another note, I'm so sick of seeing stone washed dad jeans with running sneakers on men, especially between the ages of 18-35. What the fuck man for real? Someone else mentioned how they notice jeans get all caught up or even purposefully tucked into these fucking Reebok pump shits.

I feel sick to my stomach when I see this. For the same price of these ugly ass stone washes, a pair of dark Levi's will fix that horrific shit up. And although they're not anything mind-blowing, a pair of Purcel's to go along with them would automatically upgrade this nightmare. Fuuuuuuuu

agreed. i can never understand why younger guys would wear a pair of dad jeans. you see it at college a lot. fine, maybe people don't care about what they wear. that's great. but at the store, when they buy the jeans, there are dark jeans next to the light jeans. do they try on the light jeans and honestly think that they look good? i feel that dark jeans are so much more versatile and, to some extent, more sleek and slimming.

17. JesseJB

JesseJB Senior member

Girls in white tights. You look like a nurse. And not the hot nurses of lore, but in the current sense.

Guys in bootcut jeans with Nike SB's. I don't know which item is trying to swallow the other.

18. Meis

Meis Senior member

I'm amazed no one mentioned the most heinous trend crime of all...

Mustaches.

Particularly, ironic mustaches. They inspire murderous rage. Comparatively, everything in this thread is totally kosher.

I don't see whats so bad about mustaches. Now a goatee, on the other hand, is extremely hard to pull off. A full beard is probably the easiest facial hair to pull off.

19. michaelp123

michaelp123 Well-Known Member

agreed. i can never understand why younger guys would wear a pair of dad jeans. you see it at college a lot. fine, maybe people don't care about what they wear. that's great. but at the store, when they buy the jeans, there are dark jeans next to the light jeans. do they try on the light jeans and honestly think that they look good? i feel that dark jeans are so much more versatile and, to some extent, more sleek and slimming.

This is the uniform of the software development industry I work in.. it's pathetic. Dad jeans with running shoes and some free corporate logo t-shirt.. some guy in the office was wearing this shit with flip-flops... the more "trendy" guys are upgrading to the tattoo look t-shirts. They are all paid very well.. they can afford to look half-way decent.

20. Desi

Desi Senior member

i hate people who walked into american apparel and bought their whole outfit there.

FACK!

if someone was smart they could do a whole AA look and it not be so obvious. There is a AA ad at the end of the recent Fantastic Man mag I believe and i wouldn't have know it was AA if it didn't say AMERICAN APPAREL on the spread.