• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

trenchcoat ending at waistline, what is it called?

likeitaloud

Reaction score
It's hard to describe since I just started learning about clothes sport check and zellers doesn't sell (
) but I keep seeing people in jackets that are of the same material as many expensive trenchcoats but they typically end around waistline and have a standing collar.

Material and color a lot like this:

Do they have a specific name? Where can I get one? Thanks.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Alright I acually found it
It's called a peacoat or just an overcoat if it's shorter then the peacoat.

http://www.burberryusaonline.com/pro...entPage=family

Looks amazing something I'll have money for in 10 years after I'm done law school...

Meanwhile I think AE one would look pretty decent. Never disliked anything by AE

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product...ctId=0107_9134

What do you guys think of the style? I think it's acually a lot "younger" then a trench coat and with the right build a lot more stylish. But yet again I don't know jack about fasion.

washanddry

Reaction score
I though at first that it was a Police uniform from the buttons at the shoulders but I guess not. From the picture, I think both men and women can wear it

trekracer20

Reaction score
Mostly it's called "not especially useful". But it is in style right now.

There are a few differences between a trench coat of any length and a pea coat--material, the epaulets on a trench coat, history/origin, traditional color, length (normally), the belt on a trench coat, etc. And, like many rain coat, trenches often have a removable liner.

Doc4

Reaction score
Must be for a very shallow trench.

metroman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
It's hard to describe since I just started learning about clothes sport check and zellers doesn't sell (
) but I keep seeing people in jackets that are of the same material as many expensive trenchcoats but they typically end around waistline and have a standing collar.

Many Japanese and koreans went to europe for schooling after the war and when they went back to their homeland they took the fashion sense with them hence the reason you see coats with big buttons on them imported from England and Germany mostly.

So it is best to compare the jackets that are similar in nature but just remember asian jackets are for very slim men.
I am kinda jealous as I used to be very very slim such as that photo.... ahhh the good ole days.

BdeRWest

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud

"Useless" Badum-CH. Tip your waitstaff, folks. I'll be here all week.

In all seriousness, I've seen this coat at Banana Republic and the like. It's great for a coat, I guess, but I like my rain gear to cover at least to my knees.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40