• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trenchcoat ending at waistline, what is it called?

likeitaloud

Reaction score
It's hard to describe since I just started learning about clothes sport check and zellers doesn't sell (
cry.gif
) but I keep seeing people in jackets that are of the same material as many expensive trenchcoats but they typically end around waistline and have a standing collar.

Material and color a lot like this:

Bowie%20trenchcoat-thumb.jpg

Do they have a specific name? Where can I get one? Thanks.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Alright I acually found it
smile.gif
It's called a peacoat or just an overcoat if it's shorter then the peacoat.

http://www.burberryusaonline.com/pro...entPage=family

Looks amazing something I'll have money for in 10 years after I'm done law school...

Meanwhile I think AE one would look pretty decent. Never disliked anything by AE

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product...ctId=0107_9134

What do you guys think of the style? I think it's acually a lot "younger" then a trench coat and with the right build a lot more stylish. But yet again I don't know jack about fasion.

washanddry

Reaction score
I though at first that it was a Police uniform from the buttons at the shoulders but I guess not. From the picture, I think both men and women can wear it

trekracer20

Reaction score
Mostly it's called "not especially useful". But it is in style right now.

There are a few differences between a trench coat of any length and a pea coat--material, the epaulets on a trench coat, history/origin, traditional color, length (normally), the belt on a trench coat, etc. And, like many rain coat, trenches often have a removable liner.

Doc4

Reaction score
Must be for a very shallow trench.

metroman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
It's hard to describe since I just started learning about clothes sport check and zellers doesn't sell (
cry.gif
) but I keep seeing people in jackets that are of the same material as many expensive trenchcoats but they typically end around waistline and have a standing collar.

Many Japanese and koreans went to europe for schooling after the war and when they went back to their homeland they took the fashion sense with them hence the reason you see coats with big buttons on them imported from England and Germany mostly.

So it is best to compare the jackets that are similar in nature but just remember asian jackets are for very slim men.
I am kinda jealous as I used to be very very slim such as that photo.... ahhh the good ole days.

BdeRWest

Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
cry.gif

"Useless" Badum-CH. Tip your waitstaff, folks. I'll be here all week.

In all seriousness, I've seen this coat at Banana Republic and the like. It's great for a coat, I guess, but I like my rain gear to cover at least to my knees.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads