• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Travel: Places where you have been and NEVER wish to go back!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
actually, I have family in Winnipeg, and thinking about it, I could live very happily never going back there.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
actually, I have family in Winnipeg, and thinking about it, I could live very happily never going back there.

Because you want to avoid the town or your family?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
Beaumont, Texas.

Basically anywhere in Texas other than Dallas, Austin, SA and Houston.

Oklahoma/Kansas/Nebraska/Arkansas/Mississippi/North Louisiana. All the parts of Illinois that are not Chicago.

Honestly, I never had a good time in London but I would probably go again to see if either I or the city have changed since the last time I went.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Canada.....probably becasue I am banned from entering the country!
Outside of that, I have a good time wherever I go!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Because you want to avoid the town or your family?

the town. horrible place. bums everywhere, large parts of the city are boarded up, nothing to eat, freezing cold, lots of misquitos in the summer. yuck, lagos or dhaka are more fun and cleaner and smell better.

TourbillonTurk.

Reaction score
Dusseldorf/Germany (locals are openly prejudice to ´tanned´ people!)

St.Gallen/Switzerland (ghost town after 8pm and extremely boring!)

Damascus/Syria (Un-Hygienic and filthy, had food poisoning!) but the historical sites are very impressive!

Rangoon

Reaction score
In my own country:

Rhyll: boarded up sea side town overun with unemployed scousers and dodgy looking blokes.
Gillingham: full of chavs loitering around it's run down town centre waiting for someone to bum a *** off of.
Stoke on Trent: good god,I've never been anywhere this run down. Full of scruffy youths who can't speak English properly. **** hole.
Hastings: see 'Rhyll'

Abroad:

Jakarta: rat infested,stinking hole of a city. People fishing in sewage outlets. The stench is unimaginable.
Bombay: see above.
Marrakesh: boring,unless you are there to shop there is sod all to do.
Nassau: only nice part is the beach,the rest is a traffic congested hole.
Bangkok: horrible place full of backpackers trying to out-cool each other in 'Chang Beer' vests

Having said all that I would probably return to all of those places but only to remind myself of just how lucky I am to not have to live in any of them.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I definitely second Barstow and Jacksonville. Also Detroit and Cleveland.

Outside the US, I've been pretty fortunate to have thoroughly enjoyed all the places I've been to. But I wouldn't go back to the Bahamas (kind of pointless) or to Agra (the town in India where the Taj Mahal is - see it once in your life, but then you'll never need to go back)

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rangoon
Bangkok: horrible place full of backpackers trying to out-cool each other in 'Chang Beer' vests
Well, I myself did like Bangkok when I was there. Just were there a few days cause we were headed to Kho Pangan (or however you write it) but the food on the streets was great, the temples were nice, the markets were impressive (.. and stinky..).

Also in general it might be helpful to write why you WISH to NEVER return to a place. Why, person A, do you hate Rome that much? Why, person B, do you hate Venice that much?!

I personally never have been disappointed by a city/country I visited yet.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I've never even been to Bangladesh, but I refuse to even look at photos of it anymore because they smell so bad.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
^^^

I forget who said it, but I'll agree with them that your posts have been en fuego lately. Keep up the great work.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guangzhou - Pointless. If I'm over there I'd rather just go to Hong Kong.
Bakersfield, CA - I don't believe I need to explain this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads