• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Travel Laptop Bag Suggestions

JL724

Reaction score
I have two nice laptop bags (Swaine Adeney Westminster wrap and Filson 256) that are great for everyday use. However, neither are really cut out of for travel due to lack of space. Specifically, it would be nice to have something that can accommodate a shirt, toiletry bag, etc. for an overnight trip, so I am not packing a duffel or bringing a carryon sized bag.

I found this bag from Tumi which looks like it fits the bill, but thought others might have some suggestions. I am not interested in anything black or ballistic nylon.

https://www.tumi.com/p/expandable-organizer-computer-brief-026141EG2

TMacpherson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I'm not worried about being too formal, I use the Frost River Pilot Brief. I find it can hold all my travel essentials plus some clothes. It also fits under the seat being canvas. Just a thought. Good luck on your search! - Tom

wru

Reaction score
What about the Filson 24 hour briefcase? Given your description that could work.

For domestic, i long since went to a RedOxx Airboss and the filson, but for international i love the Rimowa IATA spinner with the Filson, soon to be a Mitchell...

JL724

Reaction score
The Filson is a good option and the style I'm looking for, but wouldn't mind finding something a little nicer for meetings.

I have rimowa for luggage and it's been great.

wru

Reaction score
That's where i've been torn as well. After a long deliberation, i decided to go ahead and have Mr. Mitchell build me a bag. it's a little smaller than you're looking for, but i'll toggle between the Filson and the Mitchell. Haven't found one that will do it all and have a nice meeting look to it without getting too big.

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
The Monocle Porter overnighter is perfect. Have one in navy as my go-to (and barely use my SA anymore). Fits laptop, toiletries, shirt and so on. Also works as a very voluminous briefcase when travelling with my Rimowa carry-on (e.g. can keep all my liquids in it so I don't have to open my Rimowa at security)

JL724

Reaction score
Thanks but I'm looking for a shoulder style bag. Would also like something a little more formal, to wear with a suit and weekend trips. Be nice to find something in a leather. Not interested in saddleback. Had one and it's great quality, but too bulky.

Last edited:

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
No worries. Pretty sure it comes with a shoulder strap. But agree it is not very formal

JL724

Reaction score
Got a chance to see the Tumi in person, I thought it was a grey fabric but it was actually some kind of rubber material. Looked horrible, so definitely looking for another option.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads