Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

I think that any poster returning to the forum after one of those lame farewells should be admitted on condition that a link to his "I'm leaving" thread be permanently embedded in his signature. A sort of SF scarlet letter.

Jovan returns 2 months later, and everybody's on his case. If Vintage Gent came back, he'd be welcomed by all I'm sure. Maybe VG was right about the douche contest bringing out the rotten apples (though I enjoyed it). I think we should cut Jovan some slack... at least until the next biggest douche contest. [​IMG]

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Isn't every university in Boston called Harvard?

Harvard Bartending Academy.

3. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

Isn't every university in Boston called Harvard?

Clearly you know nothing.

Harvard is in Cambridge.

4. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

Wrong. The one in Cambridge is Haavad [​IMG]

5. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

Wrong. The one in Cambridge is Haavad [​IMG]
    I was once walking down Huron Ave, and this lady pulls up to me, and goes "Wheh can Ah pahk mah cah around heah?" So of course I go, "Just don't pahk ya cah in hahvahd yahd." She got kinda pissed. What can I say, I was 16. Actually, I'd probably still do that today.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I was once walking down Huron Ave, and this lady pulls up to me, and goes "Wheh can Ah pahk mah cah around heah?" So of course I go, "Just don't pahk ya cah in hahvahd yahd." She got kinda pissed. What can I say, I was 16. Actually, I'd probably still do that today.
    That would have been a Brahmin no doubt. I understand most Bostonians have a less Anglo accent. They also used to call sodas "tonics".

7. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

GQGeek was banned before??

leave me out of this, biatch! And i think he's talking about Gekko but I tend not to pay much attention to the "I'm leaving because.." posts.

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

As for the Steve B/Tokyo Slim situation, I'm all for banning everyone who participates in "Fantasy" anything [​IMG]

Are you including your John Travolta/Joey Buttafuoco threesome "fantasy" in that? If so, I have photographic evidence that would probably lead to your immediate banning.

9. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Remember the Jim Croce song that concluded ". . . and you don't mess around with Slim"?

10. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I really don't get the animus with people who have left and returned -- it seems to me it is the sublimated dislike of those who have left, veiled under their return as the only available cause. That is the only explanation for why some of those who return are lauded, and some decried.

Anyway, I think we, unfortunately myself included, are cluttering the Mod board.

~ Huntsman

11. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Well, there is something to be said for [what could be construed as] "you guys/this place suck(s), I'm leaving" and then coming back later and acting as if it's no big deal.

I would appreciate it if people would abstain from commenting on other posters negatively in any case.

12. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Perhaps, if someone who left in a huf wants to come back, he should start a new thread, the "I'm back because...." thread.

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Well, there is something to be said for [what could be construed as] "you guys/this place suck(s), I'm leaving" and then coming back later and acting as if it's no big deal.

I would appreciate it if people would abstain from commenting on other posters negatively in any case.

Yeah, that too. Man, I think I am just pissed off today. 3:00am, man is tomorrow gonna suck.

14. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

leave me out of this, biatch! And i think he's talking about Gekko but I tend not to pay much attention to the "I'm leaving because.." posts.
    or maybe was he talking about s****c?

15. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

If any1 has information, on ordering, EG bespoke roller shoes, can they please pass it, here ?

Nothing offensive to anyone here, but a comment was made on one of the very few things that get instant lockage. Sorry it happened to your thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.