• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I think that any poster returning to the forum after one of those lame farewells should be admitted on condition that a link to his "I'm leaving" thread be permanently embedded in his signature. A sort of SF scarlet letter.

Jovan returns 2 months later, and everybody's on his case. If Vintage Gent came back, he'd be welcomed by all I'm sure. Maybe VG was right about the douche contest bringing out the rotten apples (though I enjoyed it). I think we should cut Jovan some slack... at least until the next biggest douche contest.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Isn't every university in Boston called Harvard?

Clearly you know nothing.

Harvard is in Cambridge.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrong. The one in Cambridge is Haavad
devil.gif

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
Wrong. The one in Cambridge is Haavad
devil.gif

I was once walking down Huron Ave, and this lady pulls up to me, and goes "Wheh can Ah pahk mah cah around heah?" So of course I go, "Just don't pahk ya cah in hahvahd yahd." She got kinda pissed. What can I say, I was 16. Actually, I'd probably still do that today.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I was once walking down Huron Ave, and this lady pulls up to me, and goes "Wheh can Ah pahk mah cah around heah?" So of course I go, "Just don't pahk ya cah in hahvahd yahd." She got kinda pissed. What can I say, I was 16. Actually, I'd probably still do that today.
That would have been a Brahmin no doubt. I understand most Bostonians have a less Anglo accent. They also used to call sodas "tonics".

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
GQGeek was banned before??

leave me out of this, biatch! And i think he's talking about Gekko but I tend not to pay much attention to the "I'm leaving because.." posts.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
As for the Steve B/Tokyo Slim situation, I'm all for banning everyone who participates in "Fantasy" anything
devil.gif

Are you including your John Travolta/Joey Buttafuoco threesome "fantasy" in that? If so, I have photographic evidence that would probably lead to your immediate banning.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't get the animus with people who have left and returned -- it seems to me it is the sublimated dislike of those who have left, veiled under their return as the only available cause. That is the only explanation for why some of those who return are lauded, and some decried.

Anyway, I think we, unfortunately myself included, are cluttering the Mod board.

~ Huntsman

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, there is something to be said for [what could be construed as] "you guys/this place suck(s), I'm leaving" and then coming back later and acting as if it's no big deal.

I would appreciate it if people would abstain from commenting on other posters negatively in any case.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Perhaps, if someone who left in a huf wants to come back, he should start a new thread, the "I'm back because...." thread.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Well, there is something to be said for [what could be construed as] "you guys/this place suck(s), I'm leaving" and then coming back later and acting as if it's no big deal.

I would appreciate it if people would abstain from commenting on other posters negatively in any case.

Yeah, that too. Man, I think I am just pissed off today. 3:00am, man is tomorrow gonna suck.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
leave me out of this, biatch! And i think he's talking about Gekko but I tend not to pay much attention to the "I'm leaving because.." posts.
or maybe was he talking about s****c?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
If any1 has information, on ordering, EG bespoke roller shoes, can they please pass it, here ?

Nothing offensive to anyone here, but a comment was made on one of the very few things that get instant lockage. Sorry it happened to your thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics