1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j

j Senior member Admin

My brother jrandall just got banned. Not sure why. lol
    Was wondering about that. He posted something in your FS sale that bumped it. Tell him not to do that and he can come back.

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

strikethrough

I've been wanting to learn how to do that on this board for just about ever.

Sweet! I'm going to use this all the f***ing time. a lot. judiciously.

3. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The link to the Howard Yount affiliate thread in the forum header doesn't work for me ("no permission")

4. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

The link to the Howard Yount affiliate thread in the forum header doesn't work for me ("no permission")

Out already?

5. j

j Senior member Admin

Try now, we start them in the SS forum and it hadn't been moved yet.

6. gdl203

Out already?
    My dad has this saying, loosely translated in English: "You can't forbid a dog to look at the sausages"

7. gdl203

Try now, we start them in the SS forum and it hadn't been moved yet.

[​IMG]

8. dusty

dusty Senior member

Would it be crazy to post some guidelines on making thread titles and tags in BS? It's really annoying when next to nobody puts the size of their items in the title, and even worse when they don't even say what the item is, but rather only post the brand name. And obviously, the "FS" can be dropped on a buying and selling board. Maybe we could get some topic icons that indicate whether the thread is a FS, IC, PSA, etc.

9. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Would it be crazy to post some guidelines on making thread titles and tags in BS? It's really annoying when next to nobody puts the size of their items in the title, and even worse when they don't even say what the item is, but rather only post the brand name. And obviously, the "FS" can be dropped on a buying and selling board. Maybe we could get some topic icons that indicate whether the thread is a FS, IC, PSA, etc.

I think for suits and pants the size should be mandatory in the title. Also it should have a standard format like 38R not "38 R" so that it is search-able.

10. dusty

dusty Senior member

I think for suits and pants the size should be mandatory in the title. Also it should have a standard format like 38R not "38 R" so that it is search-able.

Yeah exactly, and that standard format size should go in the tags as well.

11. randallr

randallr Senior member

Was wondering about that. He posted something in your FS sale that bumped it. Tell him not to do that and he can come back.

I think he was trying to pm people but couldnt without some posts, that's why he posted there. He won't do it again. Thanks J.

12. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

This sounds good in theory, but if a seller has multiple items, it's not very practical at all.

13. dusty

dusty Senior member

This sounds good in theory, but if a seller has multiple items, it's not very practical at all.

Obviously that guideline would not apply to sellers who have a broad range of items and sizes. That sort of case is far less common than the few items of a single size.

14. MetroStyles

Hold the phone! Did a thread in DT just get deleted for being...

...too dumb?

(Harry Potters' poop threak)

15. MetroStyles

Obviously that guideline would not apply to sellers who have a broad range of items and sizes. That sort of case is far less common than the few items of a single size.

+38R

16. j

j Senior member Admin

You can suggest that and it's been suggested before, but there will be no way of policing it. We are certainly not going to fix them or check them.

17. dusty

dusty Senior member

I'm not talking about policing, I just mean a pinned thread with guidelines for posting listings.

18. gdl203

Except that 3 character words are not searchable in the current software

19. MetroStyles

You and your logic. They aren't welcome here.[​IMG]

20. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Can we pin the WAYWT discussion thread in SW&D please. I think people are missing it, or are just really obtuse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.