• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I have Kwilkinson and a number of others on my ignore list due to their incessant posting, so I can't see all the replies. But I gather that some of the slurs I chose are actually used. Congratulations guys. Great argument for keeping the gay slurs around. You're all winners in my book.

b

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hi B,

I think most all of the gay slurs in that thread are used in a joking or a non-serious way. Kwilk, for example, most assuredly is using it in a joking way. As is Labelking.

I'll be honest with you, B, but I'm a little curious why are you seemingly so interested in having so many discussions of behavior (avatars, language, etc.), especially when it seems you are misinterpreting the behavior? Again, maybe it's just a topic for discussion, but I really just don't see why we are telling people they can't make off-color jokes.

If the "slurs" were egregious and done in derogatory fashion, then of course that is worth complaint. But, for the most part, what I've seen of the use of the words has been done in an intentionally egregious, ironic manner for humor.

Maybe it's not funny to you, but in a thread on which tensions can run so high, sometimes a really "over the top" joke can add a needed bit of levity.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
We've witnessed history in the making.
snork[1].gif

Yep, in the realm of spam, this is like Dylan going electric.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spam in the WTB forum is getting ridicolous lately. Are they taking advantage of the fact that its not as frequently policed as the others?

I'll keep an eye on it and report here
peepwall[1].gif

dl

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes i wonder if the spambots were summoned and set upon us by disgruntled former members. Way too many popping up recently (several every day), and there have been none in other fora i frequent

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
Sometimes i wonder if the spambots were summoned and set upon us by disgruntled former members. Way too many popping up recently (several every day), and there have been none in other fora i frequent

+1 I always think of CoHo when I see a particularly intriguing piece.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I do think it gives a poor impression to lurkers, new members, and other outsiders that the forum consists mostly of homophobic children.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I do think it gives a poor impression to lurkers, new members, and other outsiders that the forum consists mostly of homophobic children.
You're thinking too highly of the CE section.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do think it gives a poor impression to lurkers, new members, and other outsiders that the forum consists mostly of homophobic children who think the poor should be hunted for sport, the coloureds should be grateful, and teh gheys should not stray from the central box on Hollywood Squares.

FTFY

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig
FTFY

Culling the herd is hardly "sport hunting". If we are to be responsible stewards we must maintain the population at sustainable levels, not just for our good but for theirs as well. That some find this activity enjoyable is completely beside the point and highlighting this aspect quite frankly smacks of class warfare. (no ****).

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
hey when did J dub you 'stupid but sincere'?

Nice work boss
smile.gif

Is that for his avatar, or him?

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
hey when did J dub you 'stupid but sincere'?

Nice work boss
smile.gif

I requested the honorific and J to his credit agreed. Im going to say about a month ago. Not sure on the date. Also, all my posts are now my 2000th post so this one like the last one and the one before that is kinda special to me. So put that in your hamper!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
I requested the honorific and J to his credit agreed. Im going to say about a month ago. Not sure on the date. Also, all my posts are now my 2000th post so this one like the last one and the one before that is kinda special to me. So put that in your hamper!

Wow - all this time I thought you were just editing and moving your prior posts into new threads.

worship.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Isn't most of the slang (lacking a better word here) in Dumb Threads anyway? I kind of take Dumb Threads as a license to be...well...dumb. In a purposeful off-kilter way, of course.

I'd like to think I'm not resorting to that kind of talk outside of DT's though. At least not regularly, but inside DT's I don't think it's harmful to use terms like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads