• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

lostintranslation

Reaction score
Hey guys,

A quick question regarding TOJ bombers. I have a 38" waist (at the widest point), and I'm looking at picking up a TOJ that measures 18" across the top of the ribbing (which is 36"). Obviously the ribbing is stretchy. Do you think that the fit will be alright on me, or should I be looking at a jacket that's larger?

Thanks for any thoughts!

johanm

Reaction score

Hey guys,
A quick question regarding TOJ bombers. I have a 38" waist (at the widest point), and I'm looking at picking up a TOJ that measures 18" across the top of the ribbing (which is 36"). Obviously the ribbing is stretchy. Do you think that the fit will be alright on me, or should I be looking at a jacket that's larger?
Thanks for any thoughts!

I'd hold out for a bigger size. That 18" measurement means that you have 36" of leather to go over your jeans/belt/wallet at the widest part of your hips.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't even mind the wide body of the 4zip. I quite like it :satisfied:

Vaio

Reaction score
About 500 million noob questions but here goes:
Thinking a Moto 2011 2 zip or CWU - 45, want something that dress up and down, so leaning towards moto 2011
Material - what is the difference between them? Way too much to read here so if there's a quick guide / breakdown that would be appreciated. Ideally would want something that can get beat up and look even better. What is the consensus for the preferred leather if I were to only get one TOJ?
Colors - thinking whisky or brown? I have mostly brown shell so figure it'd match a bit better? Is there still the option for dark whisky?
Cuffs, can you customize this at all?
Also looks like I'm a 48 but may need slightly bigger armholes, is that a possible modification?
Would email TOJ but I figure I'd get more direct info here.

I don't mean to bash on the moto 2011, but its nowhere near as good as the bombers/DRs. You should probably get a dark brown bomber or black cwu-45 if you want a super versatile jacket. I don't really know how they are though, because I've only owned the DR/moto.

Materials:

-Lamb is the standard, softest, most ready to wear out of the box
-Goat has more texture, stiffer than lamb, the brown is really dark, black is...black
-Calf is for the hardasses that are planning to really beat up their jacket for at least a few months before its really comfortable/easy to wear

Colors:

IDK i only buy black leather jackets...and red

I don't think you can customize your cuffs at all, except removing the zips on the UMDR, but nothing for the bomber/cwu45.

Can't really say much about the armholes, they've always fit me fine. If anything they've been a bit large for me.

I really have to read the thread before I comment.

Last edited:

89andy

Reaction score
guys did you size small on the shoulders for motos? I didn't send shoulder measurements to charly but he said 17" on the shoulder which seems somewhat ... small. I woulda thought 17.5" or so might be better, but thats just comparing to my other jackets (a-2, or other outerwear). Is it meant to be more snug for the moto?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I sized the shoulders of my jacket based on...

my shoulders.

Last edited:

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gave charly my shoulder size and he subtracted half an inch for my bombers. (maybe to account for stretch?)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, he did the same for me. And it turned out fine.

lostintranslation

Reaction score

I'd hold out for a bigger size. That 18" measurement means that you have 36" of leather to go over your jeans/belt/wallet at the widest part of your hips.

Sure, but the ribbing should stretch, right? I guess I'm asking whether or not those who own bombers think that 18" at the ribbing will be enough to accomodate my waist if it measure 38".

Ketawa

Reaction score
Back when I bought my CWU, the measurements that I sent to Charly were 36.5" midsection and 38" waist. Here's what my CWU was and it fit great. I'm 6'5" and 205 lbs. Unfortunately, there isn't a measurement for the ribbing, but maybe this will help.

shoulders
19.2​
chest (pit-to-pit)
23.6​
midsection
22.0​
waist
21.0​
body length, front
24.2​
body length, back
26.6​
sleeve length, from shoulder
28.5​
sleeve width @ pit
8.1​
sleeve width @ elbow
7.0​
sleeve width @ cuff
6.3​

Note that these put the jacket somewhere in the 52-54 size range based on that chart from the TOJ website.

Last edited:

Ketawa

Reaction score
I have no idea where the waist measurement was actually taken on the jacket and can't compare to how the jacket measures at the ribbing now...I lost it a while back. If he has them, it might be best to ask the seller what the original specs were on the jacket when TOJ made it, or he knows if it's around 52-54 size.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Call me crazy - help, drew? - but the lapels of the 4zip seem small than on the 2010, and the profile feels boxier. Maybe this is obvious and I'm just late to the 4zip game, but I think my 2010 draped better unzipped than my 4zip mdr does. Anyway, snowman, that could be why it looks so boxy - just because it is a little boxier than the other TOJ rider. I can see snow with an artishard rider or uncontrol rider or something equally minimal. But I guess he has the raf, so, hey.
Drew, are they that different at all? Or am I just making things up/viewing the past through rose-tinted glass?

I think it has to do with the design difference between the two. The 2010 has a scalloped hem and the buckles, which break up the silhouette and expanse of black leather, while the 4 zip had a straight cut hem and minimal hardware.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads