1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

TLB Mallorca - Made in Spain Footwear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Burzan, Jun 18, 2018.

1. GFox

GFox Active Member

I’m sorry for the delay but I finally can write a little review about a MTO I ordered through TLB during the Black Friday.
    I will edit my post later in order to add my pictures of the shoes worn and unworn. But through the official site you can see the shoes (and in matter of fact I was really surprised and happy to see these. They are the oxfords on the left).

First I have to tell you about the delay, my first MTO and it took only 10 days (more or less) before the shoes had been sent and two more days to receive them.
    Really happy, great service department, shoes are really comfortable from the first wear, a top for me for that price point, really.
    About sizing. I’m an overall 6.5 uk for most brands I tried today including Carmina (rain), Cobbler Union, Meermin, Loake and more.
    I will order for sure my next pair of shoes through them (probably the Williams as i need a pair of black oxfords) when I’ll be hable to do it.

About the oxfords, I have chosen the Taylor as a base, then add the dark brown England leather, Alan last with a JR sole and flat laces.

B9DCB4B3-CC64-4866-B48F-7D1EC57BB80C.png

2. GFox

GFox Active Member

Hi everyone,

Firstly I wish you a happy new year.
    Finally I’m able to do my review with pictures from my latest pair of shoes from TLB (sorry for the double post here).

So an Oxford in Alan last, old England dark brown colour, JR sole and flat laces.

Pretty happy with these, comfortable from the first wear. I should take a Half size down maybe they run a little bit large but I don’t know if 6uk would be to small.

So here are the pictures.

71B87AB6-8ACD-4571-AAE5-0C2465A9D564.jpeg

05009153-507F-4B30-85CC-EBA61C6E7A9D.jpeg

271A7293-0CCC-4467-B40A-20D53E022D77.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019

3. evangel21

evangel21 Well-Known Member

Congrats. They look great. Enjoy them!

4. Youssef

Youssef Active Member

Hi,

I’m quite interested in trying TLB as they have nice shapes and styles as well as what seems to be good leathers...

But is it justified to pay full price for TLB when such good deals Carlos Santos are available?

Any hints on good deals for TLB?

5. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

The grain longwing. Actually a lot less bulbous than I expected based on the web photos. Really great looking in person.

1F28C4DD-3001-4A6D-BEC8-AA467CD96E4F.jpeg

6. Zapasman

Zapasman Distinguished Member

Nice bluchers.

7. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

Another shot of them

304F567D-7401-4E7F-B5DE-DAAE95A14724.jpeg

8. SchachMundialECapital

SchachMundialECapital Senior Member

I feel like for the quality of this brand, there simply aren't enough pictures and reviews available online. This is truly a pity, as TLB's lasts are incredibly refined, with beautiful proportions!

9. stylish_raven

stylish_raven Senior Member

this ussually happens because the size of the shoe in the picture is not the most embelleshing for the proportions of the last

10. SchachMundialECapital

What do you mean by "embellishing"? I do not think you are using the word in the right context.

11. soaped

soaped Distinguished Member

Recently picked up the Owen on the Oliver last but it seems that they sent me the wrong size :(. Otherwise nicely finished.

Edit: so it seems TLB got back to me and these are indeed the right size but mislabeled due to a new trainee. The tongue (almost invisible) does have the proper size listed. I will give them a few wears and give a followup in the future. Very responsive service.

IMG_0129.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019

12. SchachMundialECapital

@soaped beautiful shoes indeed! Can you give more feedback on the sizing, even though it's not the correct one? Which retailer did you purchase from? This looks like the GMTO that Skolyx was running!

13. soaped

soaped Distinguished Member

These were purchased straight from TLB and took about ~10 days to my door. Unsure of the Skolyx make up as I did not see it. I think Yeossal has this model in black though.

My feet are slightly over 10D w/ average instep and are slightly wider than average. I want to say they fit TTS in the correct size. They seem to have a generous instep and run slightly narrow due to the taper (this experience is normal for me among the Spanish makers).

Quality wise the finish is pretty amazing on my pair. I've gone through a few (probably all) of the Spanish makers around this price point and none of them are finished as nicely.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019

14. Youssef

Youssef Active Member

Really nice shoes! One of the models I’m interested in from TLB... unfortunately, where I live, customs and handling fees would be too high...

15. Youssef

Youssef Active Member

By Spanish makers around this price point, you mean Carmina?

Can you give your appreciation of the finish and quality compared to Carlos Santos?