• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased maybe 5-6 Carminas when they were at a similar price point many years ago. There are many other makers that I would choose over them now. I always considered their shoes just average when they were similarly priced, but they had a huge variety of choices.

I like Carlos Santos. Their stitching and finishing has been consistently good on all the pairs I’ve handled. Not sure if I like the patina finish but they are finished well. Their Z333 last is my favorite.

This is the first pair of TLB I’ve handled so my experience with them is very limited. I will say that the hand stitching on this pair is something I’ve dreamed of at this price point. No idea how it will wear.

By Spanish makers around this price point, you mean Carmina?

Can you give your appreciation of the finish and quality compared to Carlos Santos?

Last edited:

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased maybe 5-6 Carminas when they were at a similar price point many years ago. There are many other makers that I would choose over them now. I always considered their shoes just average when they were similarly priced, but they had a huge variety of choices.

I like Carlos Santos. Their stitching and finishing has been consistently good on all the pairs I’ve handled. Not sure if I like the patina finish but they are finished well. Their Z333 last is my favorite.

This is the first pair of TLB I’ve handled so my experience with them is very limited. I will say that the hand stitching on this pair is something I’ve dreamed of at this price point. No idea how it will wear, or when I’ll get the correct size.

Would love to hear what makers you prefer over Carmina (if not for fit reasons) and esp. if TLB is one of those.

bantone

Reaction score
How's the sizing of these? I am a 10.5/11 Brannock and 10D in Alden Barrie. I am leaning towards a 10.5 since the last UK shoes I had were that size.

Last edited:

Kamil1987

Reaction score
@bantone
I am standard 10US (10.5 for comfort in AE Liverpool boots), and I bought TLB 9UK on they Alan F last. They fit perfectly in all dimensions.
Btw. Where are you located ?

bantone

Reaction score
@bantone
I am standard 10US (10.5 for comfort in AE Liverpool boots), and I bought TLB 9UK on they Alan F last. They fit perfectly in all dimensions.
Btw. Where are you located ?

Hey thanks! I'm located in Texas myself. I feel that the Alan last may be too big being an F and I having a narrow foot. It appears that having considering the sizing I should be a 9.5 or 10UK. I want to buy them but I want to make sure they fit. The monk straps look amazing!

Kamil1987

Reaction score
Hey thanks! I'm located in Texas myself. I feel that the Alan last may be too big being an F and I having a narrow foot. It appears that having considering the sizing I should be a 9.5 or 10UK. I want to buy them but I want to make sure they fit. The monk straps look amazing!
Please keep in mind that European widths are marked differently. US D is EU F so Alan F is their most narrow last. If you are Brannock 10.5D you should go for 9.5F in TLB. I hope it helps. I have a pair of their Double Monks and they are amazing.

bantone

Reaction score
Please keep in mind that European widths are marked differently. US D is EU F so Alan F is their most narrow last. If you are Brannock 10.5D you should go for 9.5F in TLB. I hope it helps. I have a pair of their Double Monks and they are amazing.

I got weird feet. My measurements.

Right Foot: 10.5D
Left Foot: slightly longer, about 11C/D

I think I'm going to go with the F per your suggestion. Got any pics?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got weird feet. My measurements.

Right Foot: 10.5D
Left Foot: slightly longer, about 11C/D

I think I'm going to go with the F per your suggestion. Got any pics?

With your type of feet (you Americans in general have slimmer feet than us in Europe), it often work very well with ordering a standard width shoe (which is F for TLB) and then put in a thin leather insole. Then you get the correct length and modify width to work great as well. In your case, I would probably go with UK10 on Alan, but then use an insole to make them narrower in width.

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2P7A9250.jpg

So people don't miss out on this here, we at Skolyx have worked together with TLB to develop the new range Artista. The aim has been to push the bar for Goodyear welted shoes in the midrange price segment, where we have looked and learned from both some of the absolute high-end RTW shoe brands and had help from bespoke shoemakers in England and Japan.

The result is shoes with for example very tight waists, real leather heel stiffeners, close-cut heels and only first grade-leather from the well-known tanneries Annonay and Charles F. Stead. Two all-new lasts have been made specifically for the Artista range: the soft chiseled Picasso last, and the Goya last with a classic round toe. The praised fit of the regular TLB lasts are kept, while shapes are more enhanced and elegant, in line with the more refined making on the Artista range.

The feedback received when they were showcased and people tried Artista at the London Super Trunk Show 1,5 weeks ago was amazing! Very happy about that, a lot of hard work have gone into the development.

You can pre-order Artista from TLB Mallorca’s website or from retailers like us at Skolyx, Patine, Leather Healer or Yeossal (for expected delivery in May).

2P7A0414-2.jpg

rund-2.jpg

2P7A0444-2.jpg

2P7A0124-2.jpg

2P7A9230.jpg

2P7A0310.jpg

2P7A0323.jpg

Last edited:

tomyamsoup

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads