1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the Belgrave?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by slaavwmr, Jun 20, 2005.

1. slaavwmr

slaavwmr Senior member

Good? bad? indifferent?

How does it compare to the EG Berkely?

2. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

I personally prefer the Berkeley because of the choice of lasts and widths (and therefore fits better), and much better range of colors. The C&J brown is very nice, but Dark Oak edges it out in my opinion.

You're also talking very different price ranges. The Belgrave is about $400 from PLAL (or about $650 from NYC retailers), whereas the Berkeley retails at $850+. Even with the upcoming EG sale, if you're lucky enough to find a Berkeley in your size, it'll cost about $500.

If price is not an issue I would go with whichever fits better. I also saw the Sargent made Peal & Co. shoes in the same style at Brooks. They were very nice too, though not as elegant a last as the C&J or EG.