• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on Dior Homme Goodyear Shoes?

chirpy

Reaction score
I'm eyeing these black Dior Francois goodyear derby's for my wedding next month and curious to hear people's thoughts on the quality/craftmanship of Dior's high end shoes. Has anyone in the forum purchased these? According to the salesperson at Dior, these are made at a factory in Italy and are a new line of high end hand-made Goodyear shoes - and Dior can provide restoration services when the soles wear down.

Here's a link to the photo of the shoes I'm considering (a coupe others are included if you go forward/back in the set): https://plus.google.com/photos/1022...5835109704667954882&oid=102238899508940327941

They are on the pricey side ($1350), but they fit really well, look awesome with my suit, and I'm willing to pay if these are going to break-in nicely and last 10+ years. My fallback shoes are either the Prada Captoe Balmoral (www.barneys.com/Prada-Cap-Toe-Balmoral/502223662,default,pd.html?cgid=mens-dress&index=16) or Church's Consul -- which are both less expensive, but not as sharp (in my opinion) as the Dior.

I'd love thought from anyone who has considered or bought these - or if anyone knows more about this new line of handmade shoes from Dior. Thanks!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are very nice shoes. I have experience with Dior shoes and high-end shoes, such as John Lobb.

The Dior are head and shoulders above Prada and Churchs.

The Dior are about consistent with non-prestige John Lobb, believe it or not. Yes, they are pricey, but you are paying for the style especially and the quality is top notch. The prestige John Lobb is up another level (e.g., one piece of leather), but may not have the same aesthetic appeal to you.

Spending on shoes is a good investment in the grand style universe. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics