• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Thoughts on Dior Homme Goodyear Shoes?

chirpy

Reaction score
I'm eyeing these black Dior Francois goodyear derby's for my wedding next month and curious to hear people's thoughts on the quality/craftmanship of Dior's high end shoes. Has anyone in the forum purchased these? According to the salesperson at Dior, these are made at a factory in Italy and are a new line of high end hand-made Goodyear shoes - and Dior can provide restoration services when the soles wear down.

Here's a link to the photo of the shoes I'm considering (a coupe others are included if you go forward/back in the set): https://plus.google.com/photos/102238899508940327941/albums/5835109653084499905/5835109704667954882?banner=pwa&pid=5835109704667954882&oid=102238899508940327941

They are on the pricey side ($1350), but they fit really well, look awesome with my suit, and I'm willing to pay if these are going to break-in nicely and last 10+ years. My fallback shoes are either the Prada Captoe Balmoral (www.barneys.com/Prada-Cap-Toe-Balmoral/502223662,default,pd.html?cgid=mens-dress&index=16) or Church's Consul -- which are both less expensive, but not as sharp (in my opinion) as the Dior.

I'd love thought from anyone who has considered or bought these - or if anyone knows more about this new line of handmade shoes from Dior. Thanks!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are very nice shoes. I have experience with Dior shoes and high-end shoes, such as John Lobb.

The Dior are head and shoulders above Prada and Churchs.

The Dior are about consistent with non-prestige John Lobb, believe it or not. Yes, they are pricey, but you are paying for the style especially and the quality is top notch. The prestige John Lobb is up another level (e.g., one piece of leather), but may not have the same aesthetic appeal to you.

Spending on shoes is a good investment in the grand style universe. :)

SharplyTailored

Reaction score
Chirpy, any chance you could post pictures of the shoes or provide a non-Google link? I'm unable to see them.

SharplyTailored

Reaction score
@SharplyTailored - Here's an embedded photo of them:
Chirpy, thanks for uploading the photos. I think the Dior ones are definitely the best out of the three you mentioned. They have a much sleeker shape than either the Church's or Prada. You'll have to let us know if you get them!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 48 16.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 103 34.7%
  • 8”

Votes: 89 30.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 33 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.4%