• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on Charles Ward Watch

JeffsWood

Reaction score
I am in the market for a another watch and this Christopher Ward caught my eye. I don't have much of watch collection and rotate between a plain tag (white face metal bracet) and Swiss Army Crono (Black face metal braclet). Right now I am in the market for a leater band watch that is bit more dressy, but still a bit sporty. I am not looking for anything over $500. One of these days I'll drop $2K plus on a watch but today is not that day.

Before I pull the trigger thought is would seek some adivce from here first.

C3SWTR.jpg

PS: FYI right now you can get 25# off at Christopher Ward for Fathers day.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffsWood
I am in the market for a another watch and this Charles Ward caught my eye. I don't have much of watch collection and rotate between a plain tag (white face metal bracet) and Swiss Army Crono (Black face metal braclet). Right now I am in the market for a leater band watch that is bit more dressy, but still a bit sporty. I am not looking for anything over $500. One of these days I'll drop $2K plus on a watch but today is not that day.

Before I pull the trigger thought is would seek some adivce from here first.

PS: FYI right now you can get 25# off at Charles Ward for Fathers day.

If you like the look and you don't mind paying that much for a quartz watch then what do you need advice on? I've heard good things about the christopher ward watches, but I'm not so big on that particular design and I'd prefer one of their automatics, but thats just my personal preference.

Personally if I was in the market I'd look at a hamilton jazzmaster viewmatic:
http://www.classybrand.com/watches/w...-H32515555.asp

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffsWood

PS: FYI right now you can get 25# off at Christopher Ward for Fathers day.

I see you corrected your error. I was going to post that 25% off at Charles Ward wouldn't really help you with the Christopher Ward watch you posted.
smile.gif

I've never seen a CW watch in person although I have heard some good things about them. I have seen the Hamilton Jazzmaster that Gradstudent78 posted though and it's a good looking watch.

I'm actually considering getting one to wear as a beater.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads