• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thor (2011)

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First Photo of Chris Hemsworth as Kenneth Branagh's Thor! April 30, 2010 Source: Yahoo by Alex Billington
Everyone is going crazy this morning over this very first official photo from Marvel of our new hero Chris Hemsworth as the God of Thunder Thor in Kenneth Branagh's upcoming comic book movie Thor. This photo comes from Yahoo and is pretty much just a sleek close-up shot of the next Marvel superhero we'll see on the big screen next summer. This is officially our very first look at anything from the movie and I've got to say it's exactly what I was expecting but still exciting and perfect in terms of carrying over the design and look from the comics. I can't wait to see what he looks like with the winged helmet on and hammer, too!
16jhd0g.jpg
This epic adventure spans the Marvel Universe - from present day Earth to the mythical realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor (Chris Hemsworth), a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth. Paramount has set a May 6th, 2011 summer release for Thor. I can't wait to see more! So what do you think of this first look at Marvel's Thor?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dont know the actor, but he certainly looks like a Thor. hopefully he doesnt have a high pitched squeaky voice or something...

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate you starting the Marvel movie threads lately Willy.

I think it could be good. Admittedly I was not a Thor fan at all growing up but it still should be fun.

I'm really interested in seeing Anthony Hopkins in full Odin attire.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Iron Man, Thor....all of these movies are usless until we get to the Avengers full movie. No Scarlet Witch movie? No Sub-Mariner movie?? What?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I see Stellan Skarsgard will be in this. I would have thought his son would have made a good Thor (he's Eric Northman in True Blood).

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I see Stellan Skarsgard will be in this. I would have thought his son would have made a good Thor (he's Eric Northman in True Blood).

His son was on the shortlist for the role but it was given to Chris Hemsworth who I believe played Kirk's father at the beginning of Star Trek.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am looking forward to this movie, just like almost any/every comic book related movies out there. Looking forward to seeing Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins and Idris Elba in the movie too. Also one of movies villain, not sure how real the pic is, but it is suppose to be the Destroyer.
The-Destroyer-Thor.jpg

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys should really check out the animated Marvel film Hulk vs. Thor, it's pretty badass and I'm sure you can find it on one of those streaming sites.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cannot wait, destroyer looks awesome.

Originally Posted by RFX45
I am looking forward to this movie, just like almost any/every comic book related movies out there. Looking forward to seeing Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins and Idris Elba in the movie too.

Also one of movies villain, not sure how real the pic is, but it is suppose to be the Destroyer.
The-Destroyer-Thor.jpg

zeeth

Reaction score
isn't that the destroyer armour? i seem to recall loki stealing it away from wherever it's usually kept and causing **** with it, at the very least in some video game if not directly in the comics (i haven't read much thor, though i keep hearing wonderful things about his latest ongoing and might have to check it out).

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
he looks the part, definitely... hope kenneth branagh doesn't screw this up.

HarDaniel

Reaction score
I really like it that they are trying to stay close to the comics. That could actually turn out to be good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads