• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thom Browne for Harry Winston

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
If I recall the article correctly, Thom said he saw his customer as the husband of the woman who comes into the store. He wanted his customer to have something for himself that his wife would be proud to have him wearing. In other words, no one would actually come into the store looking to buy the stuff (no surprise there) but the passive guy dragged in by his wife could pick up something for himself at the cash register that still meets with her approval. Thom wasn't contemptuous of his customer, but he was close.

Nit+Pick

Originally Posted by gdl203
Socal - do you like the watch? (from the pictures)

Yes I like the red and blue stripes. I would like to see what it looks like in person or a frontal shot. Could it have been done better w/o the diamonds and maybe just the ruby and sapphire stripes? Probably.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. Is there anything from TB that you don't like?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I'm sure all of you have tight, toned, tan swimmer's legs.

I sure as hell don't but I also don't wear nut hugging shorts with a suit jacket, shirt and tie. Maybe I am just a square. I also don't recall seeing pics of many men in the 60's wearing diamond watches and diamond class rings. Doesn't seem very Ivy, Rat Pack, Kennedy, whatever. It's interesting that you say you like it given that the watches you have shown here (Longines, GO) are in an entirely different world aesthetically and horologically. I did not read the article but please tell me he is not using a quartz movement.

****, once again involved in a f*ucking TB thread
crazy.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
****, once again involved in a f*ucking TB thread
crazy.gif

Damnit you beat me to it!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
OK. Is there anything from TB that you don't like?

The patchwork jackets. The skirt. The non-button front knits. The belted jackets.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
. It's interesting that you say you like it given that the watches you have shown here (Longines, GO) are in an entirely different world aesthetically and horologically.

There is also a long list of watches I'd buy for $30,000 before this one. Was it wierd that they had shown the watch with a $ and the other pieces with a pound in the same article? If that was a misprint then the watch would be upwards of $60,000 which makes more sense giving the probable carat weight.

My vintage Longines is my Thom Browne watch. He and I even talked about it and how he really liked the dial and thought it was appropriate.

This is Harry Winston done through the eyes of Thom Browne. This isn't Thom Browne done through the eyes of Thom Browne for his own client base.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Geesh, Tom's definitely making the rounds.

He's like the high-end Pierre Cardin...

If people like it and it sells, that's great, but I can't believe that most of this stuff is going to stay long. Thom is obviously enjoying his 15 minutes, but nothing that I see or hear from him convinces me that he's creative or clever enough to keep this going through the longterm. It was neat and kitschy for a few minutes, but now it's just become absurd.

And, yes, the shorty-shorts and hairy legs look ridiculous. I'm of the mind that a man doesn't wear shorts when he's working; at a barbecue or on a boat, okay. Attending a photo-op and interview for your new watch line? Umm... no.

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Serious question, his credibility as what exactly? What do you think his credibility may be built on?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
He's like the high-end Pierre Cardin...

But, his name isn't on Black Fleece labels (of which is only his for I think 3-4 more seasons) and I don't think it is branded anywhere on the watches. He is aiding in the design of these things for another brand, not slapping his name on a Road Side Emergency Kit (YES I think I did see a picture of a Pierre Cardin one).

wq1999

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rome
Serious question, his credibility as what exactly? What do you think his credibility may be built on?

That's a good point. I suppose at one point I was willing to take him seriously as an innovator in clothing design, and as a figure who is helping propel the resurgence of American menswear.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wq1999
That's a good point. I suppose at one point I was willing to take him seriously as an innovator in clothing design, and as a figure who is helping propel the resurgence of American menswear.
He certainly came up with a look that, while not original, he made his own for this time period. He deserves credit for popularizing the style. Your last point is absurd and reads like ad copy or crap in the fashion press.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
But, his name isn't on Black Fleece labels (of which is only his for I think 3-4 more seasons) and I don't think it is branded anywhere on the watches. He is aiding in the design of these things for another brand, not slapping his name on a Road Side Emergency Kit (YES I think I did see a picture of a Pierre Cardin one).

I know, I know, I was just trying to get your goat.

But, the reason I picked that was just to say that Thom's credibility, if not his name, are being attached to products that, while high quality, nevertheless can be rather garish, odd, or too much.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Socal - do you like the watch? (from the pictures)
I do; though the chance of me buying a watch for more than I make in a year is highly unlikely.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads