• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This one would have your counsel: It's time to grow up...or is it?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Umm, not to rain on anyone's parade, but wasn't that worn for a Harvard football game? Now I grant you that a jersey would have been more tasteful.

These images came across my Flipboard feed today from what senior member dopey calls the "blogosphere":

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gray flannels, a bottle of champaign, and a Playboy.

Ah, those days way before my time were the days, weren't they?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is this thread about? :confused:

It was 4am here at the time of writing, and my energy for superior composition was spent earlier in the day on an essay in geopolitics. Further, knowing what an SF thread can degenerate into, why waste my time to compose a message in the overwrought style so beloved of the British? I used to type forum messages in the same formal English I'd write correspondence (I do have the odd occasion to handwrite a letter) or academic work with. However, developing a reputation for stilted "elitist" language on many forums is seldom beneficial. Now, I should have taken account of the "striver" undercurrents here and written accordingly. Oh well. C'est fait! Now, I'm off to my twice-weekly supper at Blenheim. With that username, I hope you'd appreciate the reference.
preppy collegiate is not appropriate for someone in his 40's.

I agree. Now someone needs to tell that to the Trad forum on Ask Andy.
PhiPsi32: I appreciate your effort to write a "real" answer. No, I'm not concerned with flight attire. I was merely relaying an amusing anecdote that fired some neurons/synapses.
amelorn.blogspot.com

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PhiPsi32: I appreciate your effort to write a "real" answer. No, I'm not concerned with flight attire. I was merely relaying an amusing anecdote that fired some neurons/synapses.

I usually end up playing the "straight man" on the forum. I'm used to it.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was just discussing some rather beautiful trousers in an e-mail/PM exchange. Although this thread was not the reason for the exchange ... I'm thinking a more sophisticated/adult verson of the outfits in the OP's photo:

8ade9335.jpg

I'm already looking for something similar for this summer.

And if you happen to be traveling by air and in first class on an international trip as per a reference in said same OP, being sockless will make it easier to slip into the airline's courtesy slippers. Donning the courtesy pajamas (althouth they more often look like sweats to me) will, however, still require a trip to the lavatory unless you are either very bold or adept at changing under the courtesy blanket.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I was just discussing some rather beautiful trousers in an e-mail/PM exchange.

Damn I can't wait to wear these pants again.

Asian Afro

Reaction score

You think that the sweater is telling you that wearer thinks that he is intellectually and socially superior to you. In reality, it is mostly saying that he is physically superior to you.

From Wikipedia (Ecchi = H):

Ecchi (エッチ) is an often used slang term in the Japanese language for erotic fantasy and sexual innuendoes. As an adjective it is used with the meaning of "dirty", "naughty", "frivolous"; as a verb (ecchi suru), with the meaning to do something dirty, naughty, frivolous or to sleep together; or as a noun, to describe someone that is seen as ecchi. It's a synonym for ero (from Eros) and does not have such a harsh meaning as hentai.

Its current meaning is still closely related to the word ‘hentai’.

Harvard men must be big in Japan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads