Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

There are stories of beheaded heads that were picked up and the eyes and lips were still moving. Likely some kind of involuntary muscle response, but that is fucking creepy

2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I just read about a diary entry from the early 1900s where an executioner yelled out a murderer's name after he was decapitated -- the head opened its eyes and gave the executioner direct eye contact, and slowly faded out. He was able to do it one more time until he became unresponsive.

Fuck, man.

There are also accounts of decapitated heads changing facial expressions from pain, shock, and terror.

Goddammit.

Apparently with rats, there is still EEG activity for several seconds, indicating consciousness, after decapitation.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014

3. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

EEG activity doesn't necessarily indicate consciousness. I think it is most likely that the head stays "alive" but they lose consciousness immediately due to a drop in blood pressure.

Paging doctor Larry to weigh in.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

How come everyone has started saying "dibbadeedee" to mean "diabetes?"

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i think that's just you

6. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

A friend of mine is fucking a mother...so he is now a motherfucker. She is 20 years old and has a six year old kid--she works at KFC selling chicken (I presume). I'm not quite sure what he is thinking--I offered to buy him a cheap hooker if necessary (I mean, that is what friends are for right?).

7. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

It's the same when you slaughter chickens, they run around without their head for a good minute or so, pretty disturbing to look at.

Pulls cord, dammit Darrell go check out whats wrong, WOOSH!!!

I heard on the news yesterday, that the issue is that most big pharma doesn't want to be associated with executions, so they can't get a product that is pure enough.

8. MrG

MrG Senior member

WRT the execution cocktail. Oklahoma was using the same cocktail as another state (Florida, IIRC), but it had adjusted the proportions. For one of the drugs, Oklahoma was using 1/5 the amount Florida uses, thus proving that there are some times where it's better not to try to show the world how you've improved that recipe your buddy gave you.

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

so you fell down that internet rabbit hole huh?

whenever I start reading into a depressing (but super interesting) internet rabbit hole topic I immediately go to "people are awesome" youtube videos and cleanse my soul a little.

Last edited: May 1, 2014

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

She sounds like a great catch

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

The thing about chics with kids is you know they put out.

12. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

FTFY

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/city-hall/2014/04/8544438/ban-e-cigarettes-takes-effect-today

e-cigarettes are banned in nyc in the same places that cigarettes are banned

the reasoning they give is incredibly fucking stupid. they say the health risk is an unknown quantity even though it's only propylene glycol and nicotine and optionally flavors. you might as well ban smoke machines too and they emit a shit ton more propylene glycol than an e-cig or vape. study after study shows there's nothing harmful in them certainly not at any appreciable level and that it helps people quit cigarettes.

they also say e-cigs shouldn't be allowed indoor because it sometimes smells. you might as well ban perfume and body odor in bars and restaurants then.
    then a bunch of idiots go on record saying they didn't do enough because all the various candy flavors are marketing towards children. :facepalm:. so cherry or coconut flavored vodkas are also marketed towards children right? and if it's not even harmful then what's the big fucking deal?

:fu: so fucking stupid

fwiw i don't smoke. i have been interested in trying, but never took it up/

Last edited: May 1, 2014

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

You have to ask yourself though if that's going to stop them from putting out again. Sadly for them I think they view their vagina as their best hope to land a semblance of a good life by landing them a working man. I still say odds are pretty good you're getting some.

15. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I'd also ban e cigs, but only on the ground that people who smoke them look like douche bags. I saw this old hag "light" one up in the middle of Ikea once, and my only thought was "really, now, in Ikea?"