• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
While we're on the topic of bars charging obscene prices for liquor - there is a new local joint here advertising a service industry night special: $99 for a bottle of Tito's Vodka. I threw up a little in my mouth when I read that.
Assuming that there is no wastage, a 750ml bottle makes 25 vodka and lemonades which would sell for about $190 at the cheapest bar here, using the cheapest vodka. Doesn't seem so much like a bad price. Tito's sells for $60 a bottle here anyway.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jobro
Assuming that there is no wastage, a 750ml bottle makes 25 vodka and lemonades which would sell for about $190 at the cheapest bar here, using the cheapest vodka. Doesn't seem so much like a bad price. Tito's sells for $60 a bottle here anyway.
What the what? $60 a bottle? You can roll into any liquor store here and get some Tito's for $25 or less for a 750.

jobro

Reaction score
What the what? $60 a bottle? You can roll into any liquor store here and get some Tito's for $25 or less for a 750.
It is an import and there are many alternatives but yeah, $60 a bottle when it is available. I'd take a Belvedere for $60-70 over tito's any day.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
May have mentioned this before (or parts of it) but...I went to this fish place here that's pretty popular. I'm guessing it is cause they fry everything and it isn't that expensive.

Anyway, they also have good burgers. I went to one of their places, ordered a burger medium rare.

Waitroness: "Sorry we can't cook it less than medium."
Me: "Just tell them to cook it as rare as you can."
W: "It is county regulation."

I'm dumbfounded as I know this is a lie. Either her manager told her to lie, or lied to her so she could pass it on.

Go to their other location, order a burger.

Figure I'd give it a shot, different location, wait staff seems competent (which was proven false later) etc...

Me: "Can I get it medium-rare".
Waitroness II: "Sorry, we can't do that here."
Me: "Ah, I understand. Any chance you could tell them just to not cook as long as they are used to?"
WII: "yeah, no it is for your safety."

WTF?????!!! I'm drinking at the bar of a restaurant that serves only fried food and they are worried about my "safety"? I eat steak tartare with a raw egg and they are worried about a rare piece of ground beef?

**** them.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
May have mentioned this before (or parts of it) but...I went to this fish place here that's pretty popular. I'm guessing it is cause they fry everything and it isn't that expensive.

Anyway, they also have good burgers. I went to one of their places, ordered a burger medium rare.

I'm dumbfounded as I know this is a lie. Either her manager told her to lie, or lied to her so she could pass it on.

Figure I'd give it a shot, different location, wait staff seems competent (which was proven false later) etc...

Me: "Ah, I understand. Any chance you could tell them just to not cook as long as they are used to?"

WTF?????!!! I'm drinking at the bar of a restaurant that serves only fried food and they are worried about my "safety"? I eat steak tartare with a raw egg and they are worried about a rare piece of ground beef?

**** them.

That should tell you something about the quality of the "meat" they are using. They are doing you a favor.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
While we're on the topic of bars charging obscene prices for liquor - there is a new local joint here advertising a service industry night special: $99 for a bottle of Tito's Vodka.

I threw up a little in my mouth when I read that.

Cool Story Bro/plebe time - A month or two ago, I went to a wedding, then the reception. We went out in downtown St. Pete after the reception. My friends and I go to a bar and two of my friends get "bottle service," which was basically $150.00 for a couple of couches and a table, a bottle of crown royal, and all the mixers we wanted. They paid for this twice. At the end of the night, the second bottle of crown was only one-third empty. One of my other friends grabs a napkin, "corks" the bottle, tucks it underneath his shirt and walks out with it.

Not much of a point to that story, I guess I just like showing how plebe I am.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While we're on the topic of bars charging obscene prices for liquor - there is a new local joint here advertising a service industry night special: $99 for a bottle of Tito's Vodka.

I threw up a little in my mouth when I read that.

I guess you've never gone clubbing?

Clubs will charge you like $350 for a 750ml Grey Goose.

Cheapest bottle I've ever seen in a lounge/club was like $100 and it was for something like Tito's.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

**** them.

IIRC, South Carolina law requires all burgers to be well done. Five Guys cooks their burgers well done as a matter of company policy. You can thank lawyers for this result.
teacha.gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
IIRC, South Carolina law requires all burgers to be well done. Five Guys cooks their burgers well done as a matter of company policy. You can thank lawyers for this result.
teacha.gif

Thanks assholes!

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Thanks assholes!

Aren't you a journalist? You guys are probably the only profession that has ruined more **** than attorneys.
laugh.gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the main reason fast food patties are so thin... extremely easy to cook them to ****.. then they'll pile a bunch of them on top of each other.

Never got the Five Guys appeal. They destroy their beef. A greasy mess. Has made me sick both times I've eaten it.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Aren't you a journalist? You guys are probably the only profession that has ruined more **** than attorneys.
laugh.gif

Yes but not a muckraker, ergo I am immune.

And no, we haven't.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Just did something incredibly stupid. Met the GF's parents on Sunday and they gave me a huge bag of homemade mac-and-cheese to take home. Today, while trying to get a block of it out with my fork, I somehow pierced the entire four inch thick block of pasta, the ziplock bag, and half of my pink finger. With a dull fork. It's been bleeding like crazy.
facepalm.gif
Also, because I had to do some charity stuff on my lunch break, I was in a rush. So I wrapped a paper towel around my finger and ate the mac-and-cheese (along with maybe a half-teaspoon of my own blood). Blood doesn't make for great mac-and-cheese seasoning either.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I guess you've never gone clubbing? Clubs will charge you like $350 for a 750ml Grey Goose. Cheapest bottle I've ever seen in a lounge/club was like $100 and it was for something like Tito's.
Oh I've seen worse. It was just that they were advertising it as a "special". Plus, its ******* Tito's. Who in their right mind goes out to the club to drink Tito's? The whole thing just struck me as so sad.
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Just did something incredibly stupid. Met the GF's parents on Sunday and they gave me a huge bag of homemade mac-and-cheese to take home. Today, while trying to get a block of it out with my fork, I somehow pierced the entire four inch thick block of pasta, the ziplock bag, and half of my pink finger. With a dull fork. It's been bleeding like crazy.
facepalm.gif
Also, because I had to do some charity stuff on my lunch break, I was in a rush. So I wrapped a paper towel around my finger and ate the mac-and-cheese (along with maybe a half-teaspoon of my own blood). Blood doesn't make for great mac-and-cheese seasoning either.

Nice work there Hawkeye

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads