• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are making you thankful

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
things i am not thankful for: our friend's 5 year old son was diagnosed with leukemia today.

afaik, leukemia is one of the most treatable cancers out there. I hope your friend's son was diagnosed in its early stages. my sister is an oncologist at md anderson in houston, if your friend need to look around for the best facilities for kids with leukemia I can ask her.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife. She keeps me sane and she loves me unconditionally. I'm shocked more and more each day that I found her.

I'm also thankful I have a well-paying job, have food on the table, and can live comfortably. I pass people living on the street every day. They have little to eat and I'm looking for a new bike.

I'm also thankful I am not facing any of the horrible situations that many of you currently are. My thoughts are with you.

b

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks. and yes, they caught it as early as you can catch something.

Originally Posted by acidicboy
afaik, leukemia is one of the most treatable cancers out there. I hope your friend's son was diagnosed in its early stages. my sister is an oncologist at md anderson in houston, if your friend need to look around for the best facilities for kids with leukemia I can ask her.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Having a job. Having a job I love is ******* awesome, but just given how many unemployed and struggling people I know, I am thankful to be employed.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Baby girl A had Trisomy 18, aka Edwards Syndrome. Apparently most of these babies don't make it to term, and she never really had a chance. She died in her father's arms with her mother singing a lullaby. Funeral will be held later this week. May all of you (and your families) be healthy and well.

A friend from middle school who reconnected with me on Facebook just lost a baby daughter this way late last year. I mean, delivered, knew she was about to die, and she passed two days later in her dad's arms. And I didn't make it to the funeral, which upsets me much more than I had expected.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About a year ago I deactivated my old facebook account from college and I made a fresh one. I only re-added a limited number of people to the new one. The other day I logged into the old one just to see what was up, and someone a year younger than me that I knew from high school has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy. I am 28 so she is only 27. Talk about too young for something like that. I feel awful for her.

Definitely thankful for me and my family's health after reading something so heart breaking.

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reading all of the posts about children makes me eternally grateful that my little man hasn't had any serious health issues. We've had the standard first-year-of-daycare onslaught, but there hasn't been anything serious or life-threatening. The worst we had was a trip to the hospital right after he started daycare. It was stressful and scary, to be sure, but it all turned out fine. I can't imagine having to deal with something really bad.

Also, I'm thankful I decided at some point not to pursue a career in academia. A friend of mine who is a professor was recommended for promotion and tenure after having to scratch and claw for it because of office politics, only to have the university president deny it with no real explanation. I may not like the job I have right now, but, man, that's absurd.

Last edited:

bullrams

Reaction score
Thankful for being in the heart of one of the most beautiful cities of this great country.
Thankful for my job and family.
Thankful for a healthy family.
Thankful to the members on SF for sharing their knowledge.
...so much to be thankful for.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My wife and kids are healthy...

The people I love are healthy..

I have a decent job and my wife got promoted recently...

We live by the sea in a nice house.

We still are happy together and I thank God every day for my luck...

All my thoughts to the little man being diagnosed with leukemia and his parents.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
my sister the oncologist wrote this on her fb page a few weeks back...

By far the most difficult aspect of this job is explaining to an 18 year old that things are not looking good and she will not likely survive her fight against brain cancer. I am unable to answer the "why me" and "what am I doing wrong".

It's always the same story isn't it. The young ones never have sustained response to the chemo. My 18 year old patient now has extensive LMD and she kept saying that she is trying to do everything right. Absolutely heartbreaking.

she was also telling me about a lady in her early 20s and was married for only a year who was referred to her clinic in little rock after getting massive headaches, and scans showed her brain has so many tumors and she had to tell the young lady there's not much they can do for her except ease her pain. coincidentally I was drinking with a dear friend last night, a widower with an 8 and a 4 year old.. his wife would have been 37 next month if she didn't succumb to cancer.

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

my sister the oncologist wrote this on her fb page a few weeks back...
By far the most difficult aspect of this job is explaining to an 18 year old that things are not looking good and she will not likely survive her fight against brain cancer. I am unable to answer the "why me" and "what am I doing wrong".

It's always the same story isn't it. The young ones never have sustained response to the chemo. My 18 year old patient now has extensive LMD and she kept saying that she is trying to do everything right. Absolutely heartbreaking.
she was also telling me about a lady in her early 20s and was married for only a year who was referred to her clinic in little rock after getting massive headaches, and scans showed her brain has so many tumors and she had to tell the young lady there's not much they can do for her except ease her pain. coincidentally I was drinking with a dear friend last night, a widower with an 8 and a 4 year old.. his wife would have been 37 next month if she didn't succumb to cancer.

It helps us to realize we're most of the time getting depressed and upset by trivial things...

My Mum worked all her time and died one year after retirement..

Enjoy life.

DannyJman

Reaction score
Its cliche but i'm thankful to just wake up every morning...Talking about morning - I feel like sleeping haha.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well, we'll see if this thread is as successful as its siblings.

But today I learned that a friend of mine and his wife have had some terrible news. They were expecting sometime in the next month or two, but at a recent ultrasound they found water on the baby's brain and had to take it right away. Turns out there were myriad issues with this baby, springing from some not-yet-fully-understood chromosomal issues. The baby is missing a kidney, has numerous physical defects, has other major organ problems, and likely major brain damage and other impairment.

Now two days after the birth of their child, they have had it baptized and are going to have to unplug it from life support. Worse, the doctors think that while it is likely the baby will die quickly, it is possible it could live on for up to 18 months, in their estimation. So their ordeal may not be over quickly.

As a new parent, I remember the trepidations that surrounded the birth of my child, and the immense relief and joy when she was born healthy and happy. I simply cannot imagine the horror of having that day go so vastly wrong. I am thankful for all my blessings today.

God bless them...:(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads