• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

A friend of mine, decided to blow his brains out a few hours ago. On Thanksgiving..... his wife had been cheating on him, and so being a dumbass he kills himself to spite his wife. Killing yourself is such a selfish, ****** thing to do, and to do it on Thanksgiving?! Such a cowardly act.
He was 28. No kids. Parents are still alive.
How ******* ****** of him to do this to them.
The story... Friend and wife were arguing, he leaves to go home. Calls his wife to come home, she said she wasnt going to come down. Wife calls the guys uncle to go check on him, uncle shows up....Guy is sitting in a chair facing an open window with a 45 laying next to him, brains everywhere.

wow. just terrible.

tl;dr warning, I'm going to lay down some heavy burdens here, so stop reading right now if you don't want to know about them........

good luck with that, I hope everything turns out well for your daughter.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Munch--Stop smoking pot. If things start to get bad and you have to go for sole custody, it doesn't matter what else she is on--you are going to want to have the world's cleanest piss.

You're a lawyer right? So you probably already know what you have to do if it goes in that direction...and unfortunately it looks like it is headed that way.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Munch--Stop smoking pot. If things start to get bad and you have to go for sole custody, it doesn't matter what else she is on--you are going to want to have the world's cleanest piss.

Truth

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
on my way to work :fu:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! Some pretty epic **** in this thread in the past 24 hrs.

Munch, like others have said, I'm sure you know better than many, but document everything. Maybe even take that five figure check that cleared and use it to hire a P.I. to find out what she's doing all night while she is neglecting your daughter.

Unbreakable, you sound like you are doing pretty well so far and I hope that continues. Sorry to hear about your friend.

To jump back about ten topics for a moment, the reason that banks are required to report deposit activity in excess of $10k is pretty much exclusively to combat money laundering.

I feel sort of pathetic whining about something in light of the perils others are facing at the moment, but Thanksgiving is always sort of a double edged sword for me. My family lives far away and had always had a proud tradition of cooking on this grandest of holidays. Nothing fancy or pretentious, just simple and well executed. Therefore, I cannot enjoy the holiday featuring poorly prepared food. My wife's family, whom we live near, cannot cook a meal to save their lives (save my MIL, who doesn't cook meat and can only cook Indian food). Also, to the exception of my MIL and FIL (who are not fun or interesting, but very tolerable) I really cannot stand my wife's family.

So thanksgiving winds up being a herculean (I handle the cooking, wife handles cleaning) effort for a lot of people whose company I don't really enjoy. Yesterday, I actually had to stop myself from eating so that I could make sure to drink enough Trader Joe's Vintage to make the rest of the evening palatable.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You're a lawyer right? So you probably already know what you have to do if it goes in that direction...and unfortunately it looks like it is headed that way.

I would go for sole custody but only after cleaning up my act...

Does he really want sole custody ???

That might be the problem.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I feel sort of pathetic whining about something in light of the perils others are facing at the moment, but Thanksgiving is always sort of a double edged sword for me. My family lives far away and had always had a proud tradition of cooking on this grandest of holidays. Nothing fancy or pretentious, just simple and well executed. Therefore, I cannot enjoy the holiday featuring poorly prepared food. My wife's family, whom we live near, cannot cook a meal to save their lives (save my MIL, who doesn't cook meat and can only cook Indian food). Also, to the exception of my MIL and FIL (who are not fun or interesting, but very tolerable) I really cannot stand my wife's family.
So thanksgiving winds up being a herculean (I handle the cooking, wife handles cleaning) effort for a lot of people whose company I don't really enjoy. Yesterday, I actually had to stop myself from eating so that I could make sure to drink enough Trader Joe's Vintage to make the rest of the evening palatable.

fear not skippero, you are not pathetic. sorry thanksgiving wasnt its optimal best for ya.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

To jump back about ten topics for a moment, the reason that banks are required to report deposit activity in excess of $10k is pretty much exclusively to combat money laundering.

They claim that, but it's not true. It's to make sure people aren't skipping out on their responsibility to pay income tax.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would go for sole custody but only after cleaning up my act...
Does he really want sole custody ???
That might be the problem.

I actually went for sole custody for an unrelated reason years ago and had it for a while. The custody battle was the worst time in my life and was horrible on my daughter. I won't put her through that again unless I think her life is in danger.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Isn't that what money laundering is for, though?

money laundering is more in reference to cleaning up money gained in illegal activities so that it appears legit. many good criminals pay income taxes i believe, so as not to attract unwanted attention.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

money laundering is more in reference to cleaning up money gained in illegal activities so that it appears legit. many good criminals pay income taxes i believe, so as not to attract unwanted attention.

Correct. I can personally attest that many fine upstanding criminals do actually pay income taxes.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wow. just terrible.
good luck with that, I hope everything turns out well for your daughter.

+1. Heck of a thanksgiving in SF-land...

I actually went for sole custody for an unrelated reason years ago and had it for a while. The custody battle was the worst time in my life and was horrible on my daughter. I won't put her through that again unless I think her life is in danger.

Sounds like it could be soon. Good luck dude...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics