• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay. I would like to form a posse to hunt down this kids original adoptive parents and enact some vigilante justice. Who the **** just abandons an 11 year old?

The rest of this story makes me happy. But I am so mad at those people I am genuinely seeing red

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My neighbor somehow thought that 530a was an acceptable time to start the construction work they are having done. Loud ass machines and 2 cement trucks worth of material. Woke my slumber.

My HOA docs don’t mention anything. I guess my $10 a month to maintain the entrance doesn’t add any value…

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My neighbor somehow thought that 530a was an acceptable time to start the construction work they are having done. Loud ass machines and 2 cement trucks worth of material. Woke my slumber.

My HOA docs don’t mention anything. I guess my $10 a month to maintain the entrance doesn’t add any value…
Only appropriate response it to start practicing bagpipe outside of his house at 4Am. Assert dominance, profit.

That said, doesn't your township have noise ordinances? here it is regulated at that level

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah that'd be unusual not to have one.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll have to look into it. Due to how the road curves in the neighborhood, we are the only house close to this one. If only I were 100yds from my neighbor I may not hear it.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
So yesterday, i met with an old friend. Who is religious. In fact we used to work together and i made the time for him to pray between classes. (while i sculled a can of redbull and hit the menthol eye drops)
He's a good man. And a just person. But dammit if i don't want to be sold a religion.
I get the whole "sales pitch". ****, i used to pitch it.

So i messaged him. - "the most Christian thing i can do is respect your religion."
Then i got a long sales pitch of almost a paragraph.
Where is the respect for my religion??? Fark. Do people have this thing where they can only associate with people if they convert them? they can't respect others and carry on? isn't that the godly thing to do??!!
Disrespectful it is.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a similar conversation with a vegan. This vegan was an old friend of mine as well, which is how there came about to be a conversation at all…

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So yesterday, i met with an old friend. Who is religious. In fact we used to work together and i made the time for him to pray between classes. (while i sculled a can of redbull and hit the menthol eye drops)
He's a good man. And a just person. But dammit if i don't want to be sold a religion.
I get the whole "sales pitch". ****, i used to pitch it.

So i messaged him. - "the most Christian thing i can do is respect your religion."
Then i got a long sales pitch of almost a paragraph.
Where is the respect for my religion??? Fark. Do people have this thing where they can only associate with people if they convert them? they can't respect others and carry on? isn't that the godly thing to do??!!
Disrespectful it is.
Good to see you back!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wanted to play my electric guitar for like 15 minutes last night (haven't played in a while and heard a song that inspired me to noodle for a minute), but my amp was cutting out...something with the 1/4" plug that comes out of the electronics and goes to the speaker. It would make sound if I pushed on it or jiggled it just right, but would eventually cut out again.

Figured it was just a bad solder joint...I could probably open it up, reflow the solder and be good as new. That was the wrong rabbit hole to go down :(

I get it open and it turns out the 1/4" jack is soldered to the circuit board (rather than being mounted to the back panel with wires attached to it)...AND the solder joints are on the back side of the board. And its one big circuit board with lots of cables and screws connected to it, a second DSP board attached, etc.

Takes me forever to get the damn thing apart. There are some hidden screws that go in from the back side, there are a couple of wires that are soldered on rather than using connectors, so you have to carefully turn the board over and leave it attached to the housing. Don't see anything obviously wrong with the solder joints that I can pick up with my multi-meter, but one of them looks a little suspect so I reflow all of the ones that connect to the speaker jack.

Then it turns out I bent a post where a ribbon cable connects to the front-panel controls, so I have to remove every single knob front the front and unscrew the posts to pull out another circuit board to be able to plug the ribbon cable back in.

Finally get the ****** put back together like 2 hours later, put the tubes back in, turn it on and....its exactly the same as it was when I started...no sound unless I push on the connector :fu: :fu: :fu:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in Louis Vuitton last night, after waiting in a line to get in ( friend was buying a backpack )
All of the sudden the whole store smelled like ass.
I did a quick survey, and saw a heavy woman with a red face, embarrassingly laughing and trying to half-hide behind a counter.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And to make matters worse, I just went and checked and the problem is in the plug on the ******* cable.

Its a sealed factory plug (not like a guitar cable where you can open it up) so I had no reason to assume it was a problem...but when I was testing the port, I guess I only tested it with a different cable so it seemed like everything was fine. It clearly wasn't a problem with the wires themselves since jiggling the wires was never enough to make sound come back, only firm pressure on the plug, which made me blame the jack.

Oh well, at least it is a cheap $7 fix. I was ready to go pay $100 for an amp tech to fix it because I wasn't about to open the damn thing up again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads