• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shopping.png

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least a wiring schematic☹

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And to make matters worse, I just went and checked and the problem is in the plug on the fucking cable.

Its a sealed factory plug (not like a guitar cable where you can open it up) so I had no reason to assume it was a problem...but when I was testing the port, I guess I only tested it with a different cable so it seemed like everything was fine. It clearly wasn't a problem with the wires themselves since jiggling the wires was never enough to make sound come back, only firm pressure on the plug, which made me blame the jack.

Oh well, at least it is a cheap $7 fix. I was ready to go pay $100 for an amp tech to fix it because I wasn't about to open the damn thing up again.
i ended up making this patch along with most all of the rest of the circuit in my amp.

p2p is way easier to deal with when things go sideways. what tune were you fiddling with

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lmao you think otc has any wherewithal
At least a wiring schematic☹
You think I'm in there attempting to reflow solder joints and I don't own a multimeter?

I just didn't think to test the plug on the speaker wire which would have saved me basically the whole 2 hours... Dumb in retrospect, but the failure mode really seemed to be the port based on how you had to push it to make it work.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You think I'm in there attempting to reflow solder joints and I don't own a multimeter?

I just didn't think to test the plug on the speaker wire which would have saved me basically the whole 2 hours... Dumb in retrospect, but the failure mode really seemed to be the port based on how you had to push it to make it work.
Bro, that is like step 1 with this stuff.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
LOL @ self-soldering

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean, obviously I'm an idiot, but it really didn't seem like the wire since otherwise jiggling the wire did nothing and only applying force to the jack brought the sound back.

And I've had to resolder connections on enough power and audio jacks over the years that it just felt right. All that crappy lead-free solder they use now is brittle and prone to failure anywhere large connector are attached directly to circuit boards.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just heard about this book on NPR.

One of my friend's parents growing up was a hospital administrator. The sad thing is he gave my dad the exact same advice 30 years ago... "never pay a hospital bill." The system is designed this way.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just heard about this book on NPR.

One of my friend's parents growing up was a hospital administrator. The sad thing is he gave my dad the exact same advice 30 years ago... "never pay a hospital bill." The system is designed this way.
waiting for @Piobaire 's input

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It's complicated. I mean, most of the time you're not paying the healthcare provider per se, you're paying what your insurance tells you to pay. United Healthcare, which is the worst, automatically denies about 20% of all claims just because it knows a certain amount won't get appealed. When your claim is denied then the provider goes after the customer. No one wants to do that as private pay is the shittiest collection rate in anyone's A/R. That's just one aspect.

It's really just a cluster fuck of a system and rates are certainly predicated upon a certain amount of uncompensated care and/or reduced billings. This is covered by various means including having a charge master that's way out of whack with reality and the fact market forces are minimally invasive at best.

There's a reason I keep pushing for a Bismarck/Bismarck hybrid system.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Work your fingers down to the bone and what do you get?

Boney fingers!
Load 16 tons and what do you get?

Another day older and deeper in debt

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.