• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
dropped a ******* barbell on my ******* forehead today, I wasn't focusing, I was doing bench presses, went to rack the barbell, one side slipped. not fun - an inch or two farther down and I could have lost my teeth or crushed my nose.

Ouch. Us old guys need to be careful, Zach.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ugh. just realized i left my sister's xmas present on the table at a restaurant. gonna have to call tomorrow and go pick it up...

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
My little dog had a seizure this morning
frown.gif
Not sure what it is yet but very worried. Vet appt. at 6pm today - my wife tried to take him to the emergency hospital this morning but after 2 hours of waiting, with a migraine and our 20-month-old, I suggested we call the regular vet and try to get an appt.

Hope your dog turns out ok Douglas. Good luck with that.
Originally Posted by globetrotter
dropped a ******* barbell on my ******* forehead today, I wasn't focusing, I was doing bench presses, went to rack the barbell, one side slipped. not fun - an inch or two farther down and I could have lost my teeth or crushed my nose.
Ouch. You got lucky with that one. Is there a giant welt on your forehead? [rant] Had a completely ******* miserable day today. I decided to take the family member I take care of down to the big mall in Miami today because I wouldn't let it go on Sunday. So, first on the way down there is a big ass ******* accident on 95 that closes the three right lanes. Traffic was FUCKED. Took me 40 minutes to travel the 5 miles from the exit to the main road that would take me where I wanted to go. Took another 30 minutes to get there. Then, the mall was ridiculously crowded. Every tourist, kid, and parent who wasn't at work were at the mall. Then I couldn't make any of my god damn returns. JCrew won't even take anything back without a receipt any longer. Neither will that Macy's. Even though Macy's does accept returns without a receipt, its apparently up to the "store manager's discretion". Way to go with that coherent return policy Macy's. Then, even if you do get them to return it, they give you the lowest selling price within 180 days. I had them check the price for the item I was returning. It was 50% off. You would have had to combine 6 different coupons plus use an employee discount to get that price. And they don't need to provide you with any proof of WHEN or HOW that price occurred. Just the simple fact that it magically appeared on someone's receipt, somewhere within OZ, is good enough. Then, the drive back saw 3 different accidents snarling traffic. At 9PM no less. To top it all off its 30 degrees outside. [/end rant]

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo

Ouch. You got lucky with that one. Is there a giant welt on your forehead?

]

yeah, size of a ******* cigar

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some jackass posted a negative review for my Amazon sale, ruining my otherwise perfect record. Claims a game I sold him doesn't work. I tested that before I sent it out and I even offered to drive to hand-deliver it to him so he would get it by Christmas, but he didn't respond at all. *************. People need to contact me before posting negative reviews.

Kdzy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
Some jackass posted a negative review for my Amazon sale, ruining my otherwise perfect record. Claims a game I sold him doesn't work. I tested that before I sent it out and I even offered to drive to hand-deliver it to him so he would get it by Christmas, but he didn't respond at all. *************. People need to contact me before posting negative reviews.

The same happened to me on ebay... Boy was I pissed.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bad combination of liquor last night. I didn't even get drunk but red wine+dessert wine+scotch=me waking up at 4am and not being able to get back to sleep; now i'm on SF. Ugh.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Bad combination of liquor last night. I didn't even get drunk but red wine+dessert wine+scotch=me waking up at 4am and not being able to get back to sleep; now i'm on SF. Ugh.

That's just alc-ky sleep mate. Get hydrated, go to the bathroom, take a vitamin and get your "real" sleep now till 7 or 8am and you'll be good for another day of debauchery.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
******* piece of ******* debris in my eye. can't get it out. can't see it. tried flushing it out. eye is red. rubs against my eye every time i blink.

gonna go insane.

Go to your eye doctor. Had the same problem turned out I had an eye infection.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fwiffo
That's just alc-ky sleep mate. Get hydrated, go to the bathroom, take a vitamin and get your "real" sleep now till 7 or 8am and you'll be good for another day of debauchery.

I can never pin down the cause of it... It doesn't happen to me too often. I had almost an entire bottle of brunello di montalcino for my xmas dinner and was fine and there are nights when i've had much more scotch over the same period of time and was fine.You think if I drink more water before bed it'll be less likely to happen?

Thankfully, I have a day off today.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Go to your eye doctor. Had the same problem turned out I had an eye infection.

+1. don't **** with your eyes

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Thanks for the visual.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics