• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
The "coffee" I agreed to meet my ex for tomorrow somehow turned into "drinks" at 11 pm at a bar near her apartment. WTF am I getting myself into.

Dude, you're getting some.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
yes.

Have you seen any episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen

Interestingly enough, yes. However, as it was in a much younger stage of my youth, the lessons are sadly forgotten.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i can't remember if i paid for my subscription to the sunday paper. I hope i don't have to drive and get it tomorrow.

also, why didn't my deliveryman give me a chance to tip him?
confused.gif
i mean, seriously, i'd have given him like $20 for 8 months of work. Not even that much.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drive an hour to visit relatives. Visit relatives for 6 or so hours. Convince parents and siblings it's time to head home. Realize you inadvertantly locked the car keys in the car. Force family to wait over an hour for lock smith to open door. Arrive home at 12:30am instead of 10:30pm.
ffffuuuu.gif
facepalm.gif
musicboohoo[1].gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ed - keep your head up baby. If I can make it through then you can as well. And don't become a monk. Or, god forbid, a priest.
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
The "coffee" I agreed to meet my ex for tomorrow somehow turned into "drinks" at 11 pm at a bar near her apartment. WTF am I getting myself into.
How the hell did that happen? You know they love you more when you're with someone, right?
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Wait, what?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Drive an hour to visit relatives. Visit relatives for 6 or so hours. Convince parents and siblings it's time to head home. Realize you inadvertantly locked the car keys in the car. Force family to wait over an hour for lock smith to open door. Arrive home at 12:30am instead of 10:30pm.

ffffuuuu.gif

facepalm.gif

musicboohoo[1].gif

For future reference, what's the best way to do this? One by one or in a group setting?

ahe

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers Card rewards and coupons are only in store only, I only have a ****** outlet store near me.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Its my mom's birthday today. Not really whats pissing me off but she's...ahem...getting up there and absolutely burned out with her job. She's been doing it for nearly 20 years now and just needs something new, as she's told me recently. However, from what I've gathered in other discussions she's really got nothing else she could do at this point in her career and with her age and now having literally no savings. She's hoping the company gets bought which would give her new opportunities but when the economy happened, it kind of ruined that of starting for a few years.

On top of that, my dad who is 7 months younger than her just doesn't take care of himself at all and doesn't really seem to care. He's obese, eats horribly, I mean horribly and gets no exercise. Maybe if he walks down the hill to get the paper that's it. How he doesn't put on weight is beyond me. Now I'm no paradigm of healthy living but it just pisses me off. I've told him many times to stop, see a doctor, something anything and he doesn't. He doesn't have insurance and I told him I'd pay for him to go but its like he just won't go. I don't know why. On top of that he has had this limp for a few years and its gotten really bad in the past two years. He's got no clue what it is and won't see a doctor. I've told my mom it just kills me because I ******* love him to death, he's my dad and refuses to get help. Neither of his parents made it to 70 and he's about to be 60. My only hope is that he has his grandfather's genes who lived to just shy of 99.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
For future reference, what's the best way to do this? One by one or in a group setting?

The best way is to take my own damned car next time. But to answer in your context, since we'd been there so long I knew my siblings were ready to go, so I got the parents attention first and then signaled my sisters.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Okay, my golf game is getting worse
frown.gif

Went out last week. Playing on this incredible course, the other three people varied from not horrible player to pretty good. Tried to really smash this drive but came up under the ball. All three of the other players, guys that have been playing for 30+ years, said they'd never seen anything like this.

IMG_0280.jpg

I guess my mother was right. I am special.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads