• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Re WFH, productivity etc.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Re WFH, productivity etc.
I don't know, this sounds to me like a lot of physical retail employees sitting around doing nothing and another step toward the retail apocalypse. Ecommerce is obviously more time efficient for shoppers for a number of categories and I'm not sure how that is suggestive of an increase in productivity. Seems more like a mix shift but maybe I'm missing something.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I had a really weird dream this morning just before I got up. I was at a play sitting in the second row. People had cocktails and wine. I had brought my own bottle in, and sitting in the first row, was Paul Riser who noticed this. He became very upset about this and kept saying, "Technically, that's illegal." He raised such a ruckus the play stopped and an usher came to ask me to leave with my bottle of wine. Not wanting to cause a scene I got up to leave when Riser tried to grab my bottle of wine. I punched him in the face and then I woke up.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last night we decided to have an old-fashioned seafood/steakhouse dinner. Okay ... out of date dinner ... but it's what we wanted. We hopped in our boat, floated over and tied-up at the adjacent marina. As our salads were served, a 60' +/- motor yacht docked outside and out hopped Mr. Perfect Sixpack ... no shirt, cargo shorts, flipflops -- and his "bimbo-babe" in bikini and flipflops. They came into the restaurant and asked to be seated. My table would have had the perfect view but the maitre d' refused to seat them! I'm thinking everyone in the restaurant -- no matter their proclivities -- would have had something to ogle.

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night we decided to have an old-fashioned seafood/steakhouse dinner. Okay ... out of date dinner ... but it's what we wanted. We hopped in our boat, floated over and tied-up at the adjacent marina. As our salads were served, a 60' +/- motor yacht docked outside and out hopped Mr. Perfect Sixpack ... no shirt, cargo shorts, flipflops -- and his "bimbo-babe" in bikini and flipflops. They came into the restaurant and asked to be seated. My table would have had the perfect view but the maitre d' refused to seat them! I'm thinking everyone in the restaurant -- no matter their proclivities -- would have had something to ogle.
So, you are saying you would have got to ogle some meat while eating your meat.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice...
Very similar to my Sephora adjacent lunch table.
I'm going to change it up Monday, and wear a Captain's hat.

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice...
Very similar to my Sephora adjacent lunch table.
I'm going to change it up Monday, and wear a Captain's hat.
Won't you feel self conscious wearing your bikini out in public? Sephora adjacent or not, there are standards to maintain

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got the legs for it..
It's all good.
If you don't post in WAYWRN, how will the rest of us know for sure?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some dude is hounding me on eBay over issues that are clearly USPS's fault... I'm worried I'm about to pick up my first negative feedback.

Hopefully I can appeal it. Every message has been about shipping and I sent it the day after the night the auction ended... Complain to the post office dude.

In his defense, USPS has been slacking. I shipped it on the 15th and it didn't get a scan until the early hours of the 20th. On the 23rd it got "mis shipped" to a facility in the Bronx and it is now back at some other NYC facility and likely won't be delivered until Monday.

That's pretty shit for priority mail.

• Sad
Reactions: RSS

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.