Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

It will probably be a rough few years. Starting salaries for the jobs I want are not high. I mean, I already budget, but it's different when you're on your own of course.
    It really isn't that bad, paying your own bills. I mean look at me, I pay all my bills on time, and still have enough left over to blow way too much money on a bottle of wine every paycheck.
    It's really about choices. Do you want high speed internet or do you want regular internet and an extra twenty bucks to go drinking with? Do you want to shop at Trader Joe's or does Safeway work out better for you?

Besides, there is nothing better than knowing that it's do or die, and that you are relying on yourself now.

Then again, talk to me in May when my student loans kick in.

Could be worse. I hear Kyle's starting salary was $0.00. Now I'm looking forward to the Big Timer treatment at his first restaurant.
    True. But now I make $8.50 an hour. I'm already a big timer!

2. Alter

Alter Senior member

Really sorry to read that. We grew up with birds and had a parakeet for 12 years. He was succeeded by an evil African Grey.

Sorry to hear this. How old was it?

Thanks, guys. He was, like RJs, around 12. A rather long life for a parakeet. I think that, unless you own one, you can not imagine what a good companion they can be.

3. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Thanks, guys. He was, like RJs, around 12. A rather long life for a parakeet. I think that, unless you own one, you can not imagine what a good companion they can be.

Until very close to the end, we didn't realize that as soon as we had left the house, our parakeet would unlock the cage door, leave the cage, come out and play, and then go back in before we came back. Very clever and charming.

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Until very close to the end, we didn't realize that as soon as we had left the house, our parakeet would unlock the cage door, leave the cage, come out and play, and then go back in before we came back. Very clever and charming.
    Smart bird.

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Eric, sorry to hear about your bird.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Have to spend half my Sunday at work [​IMG]

7. APK

APK Senior member

It's been in the mid-to-high 30s and sunny the last several days. Definitely feels like spring is in the air. Naturally, we're supposed to get up to eight inches of snow by tomorrow night.

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Can't stop thinking about Jamie. [​IMG]

9. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Can't stop thinking about Jamie. [​IMG]

At some point, you have to admit, Jamie has an outtie and not an innie.

11. Neo_Version 7

^ All I know is that life means nothing to me.

12. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

^ All I know is that life means nothing to me.

[​IMG]

13. Neo_Version 7

All I have to keep me company is CTV's coverage of the Winter Olympics and Style Forum. :\\

14. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

All I have to keep me company is CTV's coverage of the Winter Olympics and Style Forum. :\\

so your life consists of men in tight clothes and conne's incessant ramblings......and this guy was trying to tell us he's not gay[​IMG]

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Saturday and Sunday were exercises in getting things done: corporate tax filings, chores, tax law studies, accounting case studies, etc. Sunday in particular was a whirlwind of activity, and I decided to knock out my tax law exam on Sunday evening instead of waiting for Monday night's deadline.

So, I'm at the last minute of a three-hour tax exam, I've checked and re-checked all 50 answers, and I hit Save All. *poof* the test vanishes, and I can't get back into it.

This morning, tech support tells me - sorry, no answers saved. I have to contact my professor, get the clock reset, and do the whole thing over again tonight.

The only consolation I can take is that I feel like I covered every aspect thoroughly - much better than I had previously. I was exhausted.