• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Attended the funeral of a close friend's son today. 21 years old. Very smart and talented guy, but addiction got the best of him. :(

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Attended the funeral of a close friend's son today. 21 years old. Very smart and talented guy, but addiction got the best of him. :(

Sorry to hear this, J2. I think those of us that have been around the block a few times understand some folks are just born with a black hole inside them and there's not much you can do.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brother is now ******* a 45 y.o. who is the mother of one of his students--oh yeah, she's married too, and her husband still lives with her, and of course, his student lives with the two of 'em. My brother tells me they can not afford a divorce...hmm, shore, shore--from what I've gathered, it seems the husband and wife have agreed to an open relationship setup. My brother needs to just be single; for, although his life is his life, he tends to pull people into his relationship problems (such as late-night, early-morning phone calls).

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Brother is now ******* a 45 y.o. who is the mother of one of his students--oh yeah, she's married too, and her husband still lives with her, and of course, his student lives with the two of 'em. My brother tells me they can not afford a divorce...hmm, shore, shore--from what I've gathered, it seems the husband and wife have agreed to an open relationship setup. My brother needs to just be single; for, although his life is his life, he tends to pull people into his relationship problems (such as late-night, early-morning phone calls).

Sounds like your brother's got himself into a "lasbar"-type of situation.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm pissed I can't meet up with Bhowie today... :(

that sucks.

I'm also pissed that I'm running a race on Sunday morning in the Upper West Side that many many people (including the friends I'm running it with) are planning to do the "harlem shake"... because its the latest internet craze ... and well the race is in very close proximity to Harlem.

I've got a email from our group's ring leader asking me if I have a motorcycle helmet he can borrow for his "costume" during the run/harlem shake :fu:

I might just find a reason not to go on this run... or just show up late and run secretly far away from my group of friends... or any group that plans to do this harlem shake.

oh gawd... i just realized that the starting line for this race is the perfect opportunity [4-6thousand people standing waiting for the race to start] for random groups to force the harlem shake upon me anyway... :fu:

plz to post youtube vid of you doing the harlem shake.

I'd rather ignore him and let him wonder if he is going to get a $5 discount. :) Did I mention that the part that broke was a piece of hardware that I didn't even make?

HA! good plan. and no, you did not mention that. that must feel extra good.

I have a zit inside my nose and it hurts a lot :(.

hate those.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

my condolences, JJ. that is really sad. best wishes to your friend.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my condolences JJ, its rough to see somebody go at such a young age.

Lost a friend around that same age, speed/coke combo stopped his heart. Even though we joke around with drugs, on SF as well, they really are the quickest way to ruin a life..

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Ads for this presumably ****** tv show are everywhere.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry to hear this, J2. I think those of us that have been around the block a few times understand some folks are just born with a black hole inside them and there's not much you can do.
So true, Piob. He became addicted in his early teens and never could shake it loose. His parents and grandparents nearly broke the bank sending him to rehab clinics locally and throughout the country - did all they could to get him help. He'd return from rehab and do really well, then, unfortunately, he'd be back at it again. They were very loving to him, but also administered tough love as needed. Nothing worked.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I respect old people but **** this:

In line at a checkout yesterday and this old dude behind me asks me if he is allowed to keep the hangers. I tell him I don't think so and turn around. He asks me another question, I politely answer and turn around again. Turning around is a universal signal for **** off, but apparently this dude wanted to chat me up. He starts talking about the new layout of the store. Ok, so I turn sideways and let him rant for a minute, all the while praying the woman in front of me would hurry the **** up.

After a short eternity its my turn to check out, I think to myself that finally he'll shut up. I start making up things to say to the cashier like 'are you sure this is not on clearance?'. But no, the dude keeps talking to me, even interrupting the cashier with a rant about how generous Americans are.

So I pay and start walking away and HE'S STILL TALKING. Kept lifting my hand to wave goodbye and he keeps going. I'm 20 feet away at this point and the old guy is increasing the volume of his voice the further I get away... and ignoring the cashier with people behind him staring in disbelief. Enough. I turned around and ignored him.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate people who claim to have sent invites but in actual fact, did no such thing.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I apparently have two extra filet mignons for dinner tonight. :(

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I respect old people but **** this:

In line at a checkout yesterday and this old dude behind me asks me if he is allowed to keep the hangers. I tell him I don't think so and turn around. He asks me another question, I politely answer and turn around again. Turning around is a universal signal for **** off, but apparently this dude wanted to chat me up. He starts talking about the new layout of the store. Ok, so I turn sideways and let him rant for a minute, all the while praying the woman in front of me would hurry the **** up.

After a short eternity its my turn to check out, I think to myself that finally he'll shut up. I start making up things to say to the cashier like 'are you sure this is not on clearance?'. But no, the dude keeps talking to me, even interrupting the cashier with a rant about how generous Americans are.

So I pay and start walking away and HE'S STILL TALKING. Kept lifting my hand to wave goodbye and he keeps going. I'm 20 feet away at this point and the old guy is increasing the volume of his voice the further I get away... and ignoring the cashier with people behind him staring in disbelief. Enough. I turned around and ignored him.

Sounds like he just wanted to ******** with your butt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads