• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Any direct cause for the headaches? I recall you have them quite often?

Yeah, migraines run in the family on my dad's side and I used to get migraines pretty frequently as a little kid. Thankfully, they've pretty much disappeared as I got older, but booze most definitely causes them to come back.

My best friend can drink like a fish and wake up the next morning with no hangover, as if he didn't drink a drop of beer. Motherfucker. I'm so jealous of his superior genetics.

Have you ever experienced a migraine? It sucks :(

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, migraines run in the family on my dad's side and I used to get migraines pretty frequently as a little kid. Thankfully, they've pretty much disappeared as I got older, but booze most definitely causes them to come back.

My best friend can drink like a fish and wake up the next morning with no hangover, as if he didn't drink a drop of beer. Motherfucker. I'm so jealous of his superior genetics.

Have you ever experienced a migraine? It sucks :(

No migraines, but heavy headaches as a child. Disappeared when my back was corrected and I started playing golf.
Hangovers for me got bad after i turned 25..

A friend of mine has a sort of alcohol allergy, when he has been out drinking he gets migraines to the tune of staying in bed for a whole day. Doesnt really matter if its just a few wines, or 20+ beers.. Fun stuff when you visit him the day after :)

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No migraines, but heavy headaches as a child. Disappeared when my back was corrected and I started playing golf.
Hangovers for me got bad after i turned 25..

A friend of mine has a sort of alcohol allergy, when he has been out drinking he gets migraines to the tune of staying in bed for a whole day. Doesnt really matter if its just a few wines, or 20+ beers.. Fun stuff when you visit him the day after :)

Ahh, good 'ole golf! Fixes all of life's problems :laugh:. In all seriousness, I really want to learn to play golf better. It's freaking hard, though. I know it'd do wonders for my career, too. Also, it's just a fantastic sport that you can enjoy with buddies for a long, long time.

Besides the headaches, I don't really get the other associated symptoms of hangovers, like nausea, lethargy, anxiety, etc. I just get really.******.headaches. I'm scared that all the other ****** symptoms will begin to surface as I get older :(.

I can relate to your friend -- even if I drink two beers, that's enough to trigger a headache, so I drink to get drunk. Only then is it worth it lol. I don't really do the whole 'have a couple beers' type of thing because the headache isn't worth the moderate buzz I'd get.

ALL OR NOTHING, BABY!

Last edited:

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This crap weather is pissing me off.
and

That funeral is brutal, my greatest fear as a parent is drugs. I couldn't imagine what a horrible experience they went through:-(

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a bird pooped on my beard. :fu:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's official.

I do more damage to my liver through over-consumption of not alcohol, but ******* excedrin.

Jesus christ this headache just won't go away.

I hear ya. I never take more than the recommended dose, but I do feel like I take it too frequently. I don't have time to drink prodigiously anymore, so I don't worry about my liver as much as I worry about my stomach from the aspirin.

We should start some sort of Excedrin accountability pact where we agree to only take it when we really need it. :laugh:

Did it piss her off, too?

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Attended the funeral of a close friend's son today. 21 years old. Very smart and talented guy, but addiction got the best of him. :(

so sad. got me thinking a lot of people including me like to joke about drugs and **** like that but we sometimes forget how that whole industry lead to something like this.

pic will be epic! come on!!!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hear ya. I never take more than the recommended dose, but I do feel like I take it too frequently. I don't have time to drink prodigiously anymore, so I don't worry about my liver as much as I worry about my stomach from the aspirin.

We should start some sort of Excedrin accountability pact where we agree to only take it when we really need it. :laugh:

I had to take 3 doses (6 capsules, holy **** that's frightening) over a span of 8 hours before it fully went away. Just checked the bottle and the maximum daily dosage is 8 capsules!!!

+1 to the pact -- although I'd break it pretty much every Saturday and Sunday morning :embar:.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Dude, you are really tearing up your body. Either put up with the pain, take a shot or cut out alcohol.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i puked during a 5K run today :fu:

I was starving before the run and my friend offered me a powerbar. I forgot how much I hated those things and managed to get half of it down and was already queasy at the start of the race. It felt like a waste so I stupidly forced down the other half anyway. When i could feel I was about to blow chunks (first mile) I pulled off to an alleyway and puked up a lot more than I thought I had in me. the funny part was that two more random dudes ran up next to me and started puking too. This race Coogans 5K is notorious for having the most hung over runners because its sponsored by a famous hospital/neighborhood/police/ect bar. Everyone usually parties at the bar all night before the race and doesn't care because its only a 5k anyway. The group puking brought out a real sense of togetherness.

Last edited:

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was starving before the run and my friend offered me a powerbar. I forgot how much I hated those things and managed to get half of it down and was already queasy at the start of the race. It felt like a waste so I stupidly forced down the other half anyway. When i could feel I was about to blow chunks (first mile) I pulled off to an alleyway and puked up a lot more than I thought I had in me. the funny part was that two more random dudes ran up next to me and started puking too. This race Coogans 5K is notorious for having the most hung over runners because its sponsored by a famous hospital/neighborhood/police/ect bar. Everyone usually parties at the bar all night before the race and doesn't care because its only a 5k anyway. The group puking brought out a real sense of togetherness.

Aha, couple of friends of mine ran that today, or was it yesterday at this point?

I'm seriously contemplating doing Tough Mudder in NY this coming October.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aha, couple of friends of mine ran that today, or was it yesterday at this point?

I'm seriously contemplating doing Tough Mudder in NY this coming October.

there's going to be a spartan race (similar tough man type race) in citi field this april. They look like a lot of fun, but are a lot more expensive than I thought it would be.

I can only imagine the 7 train after the race in citi field in april.... i wonder if cops will even let people caked in that much mud will let people on.

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why did you run for 5K? Was someone chasing you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics