• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As I'm driving home from work tonight, I see a disabled vehicle on the right shoulder. I get ready to move over one lane to the left, but I see that the person behind me has already begun to do the same thing. I think "no problem, I'll just wait till she passes me." But what she did was pull up even to me and then slow down to my speed. That meant, of course, that I couldn't get over to the left to leave a little room for the disabled vehicle. Apparently the other driver remembered that you're supposed to move a lane over, but forgot the goddamn reason why you do that. (That is to say, no room is actually left for the disabled vehicle if the stupid woman will not let me over. It defeats the damn purpose of her having moved over.)

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

******** up with something at work, completly my fault, completly in the area that I am weakest in, and it is clear what I did and how I did it. its going to cost my units prifitability about 10K, which really isn't the end of the world, but I have to meet face to face with my boss and explain how ******** up and talk about how to resolve it, and I am not going to enjoy that.

she knows you'll be able to cover the loss soon.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Things pissing me off:

1. UPS stores taking 3-5 days to actually ship something I drop off. No wonder they try to avoid giving me receipts.
2. UPS taking so long in general to go cross country, really should't take a week if USPS can do it in two days
and
3. Restaurants requiring $10 minimum on credit card orders. Sorry I can't tip you if my order is $9.79 and I only have a $20. Not going to wait for you to give me change for the $10.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

she knows you'll be able to cover the loss soon.

yeah, the money isn't the thing, it's the nature of the ******* mistake - basically I closed on something verbally and didn't write it down and then the whole thing slipped my mind, and now we're going to have to make it good. its not the money, its a sloppy mistake, which pisses me off.

but such is life

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ yeah I got you.

.... and in the meantime I was just on the phone with the people that handles our imports. for some reason they and the supplier forgot to facilitate my latest order. this is 300 tons of steel that I might need in january, and they're telling me the best they can do right now is ship it mid-january. I'm expecting new commitments early next year, and I don't commit unless my materials are in our warehouse. and they're ******* it up.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My mother just sent me a novel of a nasty email for not sending my cousin's new baby a Baptism gift. Truth of the matter is I have been delaying it because I simply don't know what to get her. Everybody says money, but that seems like a cop out, or not sentimental enough for such an occassion.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

3. Restaurants requiring $10 minimum on credit card orders. Sorry I can't tip you if my order is $9.79 and I only have a $20. Not going to wait for you to give me change for the $10.

It's not your bartender's or waitress' fault the owner wants a $10 minimum. Why screw a hardworking person out of a tip because the owner's a jerk? Just don't go into the restaurant in the first place. And why can't you wait for change from a double sawbuck? You're such an important person that the half-hour lunch deal at Applebee's is too long of a wait for you? And who spends $9.79 at a Restaurant? Are you eating at Red Robin? Get over yourself.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My mother just sent me a novel of a nasty email for not sending my cousin's new baby a Baptism gift. Truth of the matter is I have been delaying it because I simply don't know what to get her. Everybody says money, but that seems like a cop out, or not sentimental enough for such an occassion.

For these kinds of occasions where I have no idea what to get someone I always get the kid a US savings bond. This does several things.

1. The face value of the bond is double what you pay for it. But nobody knows how bonds work so they think you spent more than you actually did.
2. They can't cash in the bonds for sometime so the parents will see it as an investment in their little kid, like you care whether or not little Dopey McDope goes to college in two decades.
3. It is very easy for you but again, as nobody knows how bonds work, they'll think you spent a lot of time to get it.
4. It's classier than just cash in an envelope.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

For these kinds of occasions where I have no idea what to get someone I always get the kid a US savings bond. This does several things.
1. The face value of the bond is double what you pay for it. But nobody knows how bonds work so they think you spent more than you actually did.
2. They can't cash in the bonds for sometime so the parents will see it as an investment in their little kid, like you care whether or not little Dopey McDope goes to college in two decades.
3. It is very easy for you but again, as nobody knows how bonds work, they'll think you spent a lot of time to get it.
4. It's classier than just cash in an envelope.

This is a good idea, but they only delver them electronically now and you can't buy them at banks. I think getting an email saying you have a bond has changed the classiness of it, unfortunately.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is a good idea, but they only delver them electronically now and you can't buy them at banks. I think getting an email saying you have a bond has changed the classiness of it, unfortunately.

****, it's been about two years since I had to buy one but you can't get a physical bond anymore? That blows.

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tiffany and Co has Silver Baby gifts which while not as practical as a bond will make most Mothers Ooooohhhhh and Aaaaahhhh

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...425-pounds-dies-too-fat-to-fly_n_2193161.html

A sickly, 425-pound woman reportedly deemed "too fat to fly" died after being denied a spot on three separate flights from Hungary.

In October, Vilma Soltesz, 56, was attempting to travel home to the Bronx in New York City after spending several weeks on vacation with her husband in Hungary. According to The New York Post Soltesz was told she couldn't board KLM, Delta and Lufthansa flights. The 425-pound woman, who suffered from both kidney disease and diabetes and used a wheelchair because she had only one leg, died nine days after allegedly being kicked off the first of the three New York-bound jets.

Don't click the link unless you can bear to witness a huge fat monster. Jesus christ.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads