Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yes, they are awful but I make good use of my time. I use the time during conference calls and webcasts to give myself a manicure.

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

As I'm driving home from work tonight, I see a disabled vehicle on the right shoulder. I get ready to move over one lane to the left, but I see that the person behind me has already begun to do the same thing. I think "no problem, I'll just wait till she passes me." But what she did was pull up even to me and then slow down to my speed. That meant, of course, that I couldn't get over to the left to leave a little room for the disabled vehicle. Apparently the other driver remembered that you're supposed to move a lane over, but forgot the goddamn reason why you do that. (That is to say, no room is actually left for the disabled vehicle if the stupid woman will not let me over. It defeats the damn purpose of her having moved over.)

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

she knows you'll be able to cover the loss soon.

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

Things pissing me off:

1. UPS stores taking 3-5 days to actually ship something I drop off. No wonder they try to avoid giving me receipts.
    2. UPS taking so long in general to go cross country, really should't take a week if USPS can do it in two days
    and
    3. Restaurants requiring $10 minimum on credit card orders. Sorry I can't tip you if my order is $9.79 and I only have a $20. Not going to wait for you to give me change for the $10.

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

yeah, the money isn't the thing, it's the nature of the fucking mistake - basically I closed on something verbally and didn't write it down and then the whole thing slipped my mind, and now we're going to have to make it good. its not the money, its a sloppy mistake, which pisses me off.

but such is life

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

^ yeah I got you.

.... and in the meantime I was just on the phone with the people that handles our imports. for some reason they and the supplier forgot to facilitate my latest order. this is 300 tons of steel that I might need in january, and they're telling me the best they can do right now is ship it mid-january. I'm expecting new commitments early next year, and I don't commit unless my materials are in our warehouse. and they're fucking it up.

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

My mother just sent me a novel of a nasty email for not sending my cousin's new baby a Baptism gift. Truth of the matter is I have been delaying it because I simply don't know what to get her. Everybody says money, but that seems like a cop out, or not sentimental enough for such an occassion.

8. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

It's not your bartender's or waitress' fault the owner wants a $10 minimum. Why screw a hardworking person out of a tip because the owner's a jerk? Just don't go into the restaurant in the first place. And why can't you wait for change from a double sawbuck? You're such an important person that the half-hour lunch deal at Applebee's is too long of a wait for you? And who spends $9.79 at a Restaurant? Are you eating at Red Robin? Get over yourself.

9. Harold falcon

For these kinds of occasions where I have no idea what to get someone I always get the kid a US savings bond. This does several things.

1. The face value of the bond is double what you pay for it. But nobody knows how bonds work so they think you spent more than you actually did.
    2. They can't cash in the bonds for sometime so the parents will see it as an investment in their little kid, like you care whether or not little Dopey McDope goes to college in two decades.
    3. It is very easy for you but again, as nobody knows how bonds work, they'll think you spent a lot of time to get it.
    4. It's classier than just cash in an envelope.

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is a good idea, but they only delver them electronically now and you can't buy them at banks. I think getting an email saying you have a bond has changed the classiness of it, unfortunately.

11. Harold falcon

Shit, it's been about two years since I had to buy one but you can't get a physical bond anymore? That blows.

12. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Senior member

Tiffany and Co has Silver Baby gifts which while not as practical as a bond will make most Mothers Ooooohhhhh and Aaaaahhhh

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/planning/plan_gifts.htm

14. Harold falcon

FTFY

15. Harold falcon

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...425-pounds-dies-too-fat-to-fly_n_2193161.html

Don't click the link unless you can bear to witness a huge fat monster. Jesus christ.