1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

@zarathustra: Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I don't get why she's angry at your opportunity for a better job.

1 person likes this.
  2. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

She isn't. She just cannot get out of her own way for 15 mins.... for me talk through things and make sure that I have my head on straight. Given that I am often stuck in my own head running decision trees, I like to talk through things to make sure I am not making connections that are tenuous or unfounded.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Oh, I see. Yeah, I can understand why that would be extremely frustrating.

4. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Something like "Yeah, it's really ruining my reputation"

5. zarathustra

Edit keystroke error.

She wants to talk about what her opinion of the little snippet she got over Skype or text. She does not want to listen to the more nuanced version. When I give facts that change the game they go unnoticed... so she can make sure she gets out her piece. When I try and get a response to my points that refute or should alter the statements, I am often faced with repeated assertions that take nothing I said into account....

There is absolutely no active listening....

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  6. zarathustra

After another 30 mins of arguing.... I have some insight into the issue of the night... pride.

The Zarathustras have always been a prideful bunch. We were always poor, so pride was all we had. I haven't talked to my father in nearly two years bc of his antics (my mom passed a few years ago right after my parents divorce, padre told me he got married after the fact sort of shit, then I saw my madre's tombstone..., my brother/my father got a shared husband wife headstone wanted to puke). I screwed my relationship my brother for a long time out of pride. I may have been right, but.... what does it matter.

It appears the pride has rubbed off ....

7. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

not having tums in the car. :fu:

8. zarathustra

Screw Tums... Pepcid chewables are where its at. I have to take a dozen or more tums to deal with what four pepcid des with.

9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

ugh. vegans!

feel better brah, I feel you!

11. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

For the past week I have been testing an app that my team developed. It plays music provided by local "indie" labels.
    The app is fine but the music is shit.

12. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Zara: yowza. Sounds maddening. Hope it gets better.
    And not to miss the main point, but: WTF are turkey deer.
    +1 on Pepcid > Tums.

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

you just don't understand their art, bro! :smarmy:

14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Don't worry, no one actually thinks that because you're such a pussy. (That is a completely serious response.)

So this really hot chick I know apparently has switched to the other team. Which is a damn shame because she's fucking hot as shit and her gf is... butchy to put it mildly. Anyway it doesn't really matter because she lives in Chicago but damn... (Also, sidenote, had it been with another hottie it would have been much better visually).

15. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

I can't get anything done.

16. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Cab companies that charge their drivers exorbitant processing fees for credit card transactions.

Inevitably fucks the end consumer over because half the drivers refuse to take you if you want to pay with credit.

17. zarathustra

I find that most of the CC processing machines in NYC Cabs are out of order.... *cough*

18. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

About to go take my shower and I hear a hissing sound coming from the water heater/AC closet. Open it up and the water heater is spraying water everywhere. Joy of joys.

19. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

95% of the time the cabbie is just bullshitting you to try to get cash. Tell him you don't have any cash, so it's credit card or nothing, and their machine always miraculously starts working.

20. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Working on starting a new business and had an investor meeting earlier today and I was nervous as hell, which I'm usually not