• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I HATE it when this happens. I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning, but I have to have that one cup. And, no, I don't stop by Starbucks or any such place.

I had some tea this morning instead. It's no substitute for coffee, but it was okay at least.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do customer service centers play crappy music while callers are on hold? Yes, thank you, now I get both the benefit of hearing Life is a Highway over tinny speakers and I can't set the phone down and listen for a voice when a rep picks up.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why do customer service centers play crappy music while callers are on hold? Yes, thank you, now I get both the benefit of hearing Life is a Highway over tinny speakers and I can't set the phone down and listen for a voice when a rep picks up.

One must also appreciate the periodic toggle back to the recorded voice informing you that your call is valued and no one has time to talk to you right now. It keeps you on your toes, hearing that apparently human voice every couple minutes. Wouldn't want to actually know if your call got through when you finally hear a voice or anything.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had some tea this morning instead. It's no substitute for coffee, but it was okay at least.

would mixing milk/cream into the tea create heavenly explosions?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

would mixing milk/cream into the tea create heavenly explosions?

Hmm, I've never tried doing that. As a man with a scientific cast of mind, I now feel compelled to try the experiment. But also as a man with a scientific cast of mind, who can reason inductively from past experiences, I suspect that one possible answer to the question is more likely than the others.

Thanks for putting the idea in my mind!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Damn. I took a snap of myself in the bathroom mirror because I happen to be wearing a somewhat jaunty outfit today, and the picture makes me look like F. Murray Abraham (c. Amadeus), with a burr cut and bad glasses. And a bit more gaunt (which is intentional, so I ought not ***** about that).
But still. F. Murray Abraham. WTF
Oh, and I pulled something in my groin region last week, and the track workouts are exacerbating the issue to where I'm using my arms to help my leg up. :angry:
Oh, and I'm down 80 points to Mouse (WWF) and I have no vowels in my hand. :angry:

pics of fit, and deets on groin situation. thnx.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

pics of fit, and deets on groin situation. thnx.

if it were worth posting I would have done so.

And, it hurts. there's your deets. Guess I'm wearing a girdle for tomorrow's track workout. Should I post fit pics of that as well?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm, I've never tried doing that. As a man with a scientific cast of mind, I now feel compelled to try the experiment. But also as a man with a scientific cast of mind, who can reason inductively from past experiences, I suspect that one possible answer to the question is more likely than the others.
Thanks for putting the idea in my mind!

I'm happy I made you mind hot for experiment... which hypothetically will lead to the trots... so in effect I've made you hot to trot?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And, it hurts. there's your deets. Guess I'm wearing a girdle for tomorrow's track workout. Should I post fit pics of that as well?

tumblr_mc5j7dsaLr1rsw1yf.gif

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Sitting in the company sales awards...all three of the field SEs get 'top performer' awards, I'm the only middle market SE and I don't even rate their stupid "You Rock" award? **** them.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Oh, and I pulled something in my groin region last week, and the track workouts are exacerbating the issue to where I'm using my arms to help my leg up. :angry:

This must make for an interesting spectacle while running hurdles

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay, it's time to bring a perspective of honesty to the forum (Style Forum). I think one of the following must be true of women. (I mean women in general, not every individual woman.)

A. When they are walking, they are unaware of their trajectories, and more specifically, of the meeting point of their trajectories and others'.
B. They are aware of their trajectories, but are unable to adjust them in response to circumstances (collision).
C. They are aware of their trajectories and are able to adjust, but don't care ("don't give a rip").

B seems like the least plausible. I sometimes think A and I sometimes think C.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Okay, it's time to bring a perspective of honesty to the forum (Style Forum). I think one of the following must be true of women. (I mean women in general, not every individual woman.)
A. When they are walking, they are unaware of their trajectories, and more specifically, of the meeting point of their trajectories and others'.
B. They are aware of their trajectories, but are unable to adjust them in response to circumstances (collision).
C. They are aware of their trajectories and are able to adjust, but don't care ("don't give a rip").
B seems like the least plausible. I sometimes think A and I sometimes think C.

100% A. Women have no idea where they are going. Unless they are guided by men they would fall down open elevator shafts. They are so clueless about direction it's like they have an internal compass that is located directly on top of magnetic North.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads