1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

In 8th grade I learned how to program with punch cards. You punks don't know how easy you've got it.

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

ummmm, yes, like that. :lookaround:

you should be disappointed if it sucks.

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Lol, yeah right. It's gonna be pretty awesome: A few hours of $1pbr at a favorite dive bar most of us haven't been to all year, then an awesome seafood restaurant, then opening night for a new nightclub. Hm, maybe my friends didn't plan anything cause I'm usually the guy that arranges shit. For once, I wish I didn't have to deal with stuff (with out a doubt some people will try to invite friends at the last minute).

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Ugh. Don't be the "birthday on opening night" guy. No one likes that guy.

5. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Lol, I threw my own 30th birthday party. It was pretty epic. Resulted in at least one divorce and one pregnancy. Neither were mine. Pretty awesome on all fronts.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

were the divorce and pregnancy by any chance related in nature?

7. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

^ sounds intense.

Here, it seems like people, especially those young and affluent, are expected to throw their own parties and foot the bill for everything. What goes around comes around, so you get to go to other people's parties. Works out, I guess (especially when one friend tries to one up another friend's party and you reap the benefits).

I went simple with mine. Rooftop restaurant with lots of wine (a hefty tip allowed us to avoid the corking fees, saving quite a bit of money). I'm hoping class will make up for the lack of extravagance.

8. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

The fact that you're turned off suggests, my plan is a damn good idea. However, I do foresee the club being a mad house so I'm open to not being there for more than an hour.

9. Maximator

Maximator Senior member

So sorry to hear that! Loosing an animal(family member) always hurts!
    Damn! Although, I shouldn't say anything, being without insurance and all...
    Epic!

OnT Chinese Censorship. While it's more of an annoyance than an actual hindrance,, now with the party congress underway, Gmail is completely unworkable. I can't even send and open emails. Fucking surveillance state!!

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I had a nap from around 10 pm to midnight, which was almost certainly a bad idea. But I was so tired I couldn't stay awake. Covering that extra class for my colleague who's on medical leave has really messed with my schedule.

Luckily, Genevieve woke me up, demanding that I change her name to Don Dokken of Cat. (I humored her and said I would, but I won't. She'll forget she asked.)

11. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

It's 3:00, and I would guess all my old friends are sloppy drunk currently, winding down and preparing for last call, perhaps one more karaoke song. And I've been working on papers since roughly 9:00 AM, at this point I plan to just stay awake through the day and crash tomorrow at 5:15 PM.

12. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Still awake, all done. Now I have toreeed. yay

13. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Meguchan has a Nom de guerre (in the ancient sense) She is often known as Fluffy Bastard.

14. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Uh-oh, is Meguchan sometimes naughty? She looks like a good, well-behaved kitty in the photo I've seen.

Don Dokken of Cat was very good last night, as she allowed me to sleep until around 7:45. After I got up, though, I realized I had neglected to buy coffee last night. (I remembered to buy port. Priorities.) And so now I am drinking tea.

15. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

No Meguchan is not sometimes naughty, she is sometimes not naughty, especially in winter when she becomes Super Fluffy Bastard.

Recently I have been drinking little coffee, however not having coffee when you want coffee is horrid, unless the tea is excellent.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012