Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

me too. for the last two years. and i'm always tired as fuck when i go to bed friday and saturday. what's strange is that i usually need to be up at 6 during the weekdays and it is a godawful struggle

2. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Coming home after work to find you left the milk out at breakfast.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I am wandering around downtown Buffalo. I am not even going to be the proverbial man of false words, this place looks like it is in rough shape.

4. f800gs

f800gs Senior member

Went to Brooks Brothers to pick up my new blazer after alteration. Looks like crap so I wait a few more weeks. I must admitt I'm not feeling very warm and fuzzy about their ability to correct this.

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

^

As a guy who just has too much difficulty finding shit that fits OTR, I've resorted to MTM for suits and blazers.

With dress shirts, I'm sticking with BB for now because I just need to tailor them slightly and I absolutely will never ever iron my shirts, so the non-iron cotton is key.

As for blazers and everything more 'substantial,' it's just easier to get it done custom. I'm assuming you're paying at least $600 for a BB blazer? For a couple hundred more, you can get a custom blazer with a much higher quality fabric.

I suggest you take that route next time.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

+1. MTM or custom is the only way I have suits that don't look awful on me. Off the rack usually just doesn't work for me.

7. otc

otc Senior member

Where do you get yours from?

8. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I'm gone roughly 2/3rds of the month and I get pics from my friends of them wearing my clothes. I've loaned a shirt and shorts once and they've taken it as a me giving freedom to wear my expensive stuff. Wouldn't be nearly as annoyed if they actually asked. Then I look like the dick when i tell them to stop wearing my shit and if they want nicer stuff to buy it themselves.

9. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Dood I am 15 minutes from Buffalo right now. I was there around noon today. And yes, it is crappy, though with a lot of beautiful architecture.

10. L'Incandescent

Why didn't I see you then?

Why don't you come through security and pay me a visit? (At the airport I mean.)

This was my first visit to Buffalo. The city really looked dead. But yeah, some of the architecture was quite beautiful, especially the City Hall.

11. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Do they have keys to your place, or are they roommates?

Just tell them not to wear your shit, you don't need to make an issue about how your stuff is nicer. Unless you're a doormat and/or they're trying to take advantage of you, really shouldn't be a problem.

Since when do guys share clothes anyway?

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

hopefully they're not going commando in them...

13. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

tried once. failed miserably.

this past summer i had to do some work over the vacay, and that was the only way i able to get any wok done. it was actually a rather enjoyable experience.

14. L'Incandescent

Hey Conne, I'm in Washington DC now. Did you follow me here as well? If so, please pay me a visit and we could have fun times. (I am at Dulles.)

15. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Just good friends that are always over. They know what's up, they're just still in college mode (recent graduates). They stopped drinking my booze after I put them in their place and I don't see this clothing thing being an issue. today was the first time they really just blatantly wore a few of my jackets and sent me pics of them looking smug.

Edit: and yes I basically asked them "when the fuck did we turn into 15yr old girls who share clothes?"