• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lately I've been waking up at 7am on the ******* weekends.
All week long it's like dragging the dead out of bed at 7am, but come the weekend, up I am. I'm tired, just can't get back to sleep. **** me.

me too. for the last two years. and i'm always tired as **** when i go to bed friday and saturday. what's strange is that i usually need to be up at 6 during the weekdays and it is a godawful struggle

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Coming home after work to find you left the milk out at breakfast.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am wandering around downtown Buffalo. I am not even going to be the proverbial man of false words, this place looks like it is in rough shape.

f800gs

Reaction score
Went to Brooks Brothers to pick up my new blazer after alteration. Looks like crap so I wait a few more weeks. I must admitt I'm not feeling very warm and fuzzy about their ability to correct this.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^

As a guy who just has too much difficulty finding **** that fits OTR, I've resorted to MTM for suits and blazers.

With dress shirts, I'm sticking with BB for now because I just need to tailor them slightly and I absolutely will never ever iron my shirts, so the non-iron cotton is key.

As for blazers and everything more 'substantial,' it's just easier to get it done custom. I'm assuming you're paying at least $600 for a BB blazer? For a couple hundred more, you can get a custom blazer with a much higher quality fabric.

I suggest you take that route next time.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^
As a guy who just has too much difficulty finding **** that fits OTR, I've resorted to MTM for suits and blazers.
With dress shirts, I'm sticking with BB for now because I just need to tailor them slightly and I absolutely will never ever iron my shirts, so the non-iron cotton is key.
As for blazers and everything more 'substantial,' it's just easier to get it done custom. I'm assuming you're paying at least $600 for a BB blazer? For a couple hundred more, you can get a custom blazer with a much higher quality fabric.
+1. MTM or custom is the only way I have suits that don't look awful on me. Off the rack usually just doesn't work for me.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^

Where do you get yours from?

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gone roughly 2/3rds of the month and I get pics from my friends of them wearing my clothes. I've loaned a shirt and shorts once and they've taken it as a me giving freedom to wear my expensive stuff. Wouldn't be nearly as annoyed if they actually asked. Then I look like the dick when i tell them to stop wearing my **** and if they want nicer stuff to buy it themselves.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am wandering around downtown Buffalo. I am not even going to be the proverbial man of false words, this place looks like it is in rough shape.

Dood I am 15 minutes from Buffalo right now. I was there around noon today. And yes, it is crappy, though with a lot of beautiful architecture.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why didn't I see you then?

Why don't you come through security and pay me a visit? (At the airport I mean.)

This was my first visit to Buffalo. The city really looked dead. But yeah, some of the architecture was quite beautiful, especially the City Hall.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm gone roughly 2/3rds of the month and I get pics from my friends of them wearing my clothes. I've loaned a shirt and shorts once and they've taken it as a me giving freedom to wear my expensive stuff. Wouldn't be nearly as annoyed if they actually asked. Then I look like the dick when i tell them to stop wearing my **** and if they want nicer stuff to buy it themselves.

Do they have keys to your place, or are they roommates?

Just tell them not to wear your ****, you don't need to make an issue about how your stuff is nicer. Unless you're a doormat and/or they're trying to take advantage of you, really shouldn't be a problem.

Since when do guys share clothes anyway?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hopefully they're not going commando in them...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Working from home is the biggest scam ever.
How does anyone get any work done at home?
I sure haven't :devil:

tried once. failed miserably.

but I go every morning to a coffee shop near my house, come home for lunch, and go back in the afternoon. if I stayed at home I wouldn't get work done

this past summer i had to do some work over the vacay, and that was the only way i able to get any wok done. it was actually a rather enjoyable experience.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Dood I am 15 minutes from Buffalo right now. I was there around noon today. And yes, it is crappy, though with a lot of beautiful architecture.

Hey Conne, I'm in Washington DC now. Did you follow me here as well? If so, please pay me a visit and we could have fun times. (I am at Dulles.)

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do they have keys to your place, or are they roommates?
Just tell them not to wear your ****, you don't need to make an issue about how your stuff is nicer. Unless you're a doormat and/or they're trying to take advantage of you, really shouldn't be a problem.
Since when do guys share clothes anyway?

Just good friends that are always over. They know what's up, they're just still in college mode (recent graduates). They stopped drinking my booze after I put them in their place and I don't see this clothing thing being an issue. today was the first time they really just blatantly wore a few of my jackets and sent me pics of them looking smug.

Edit: and yes I basically asked them "when the **** did we turn into 15yr old girls who share clothes?"

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics