• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm sick and tired of people bitching about Timeline.
Its not the first time facebook has made a major interface change, nor will it be the last. It has been around for what...a year now? If you wanted to ***** about it, you should have switched to it right away as an early tester so your bitching might have actually been valuable input.
Change is going to happen, and you aren't always going to like it. Don't be like those old people who don't like mobile phones, digital cameras, or computers...just adapt and keep going.

You're so cute to think fb cares.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not a Twitter user myself, but have any of you been following the recent policy changes they have made? Seems the company is trying it's damnedest to throw itself into a **** can with many of it's biggest supporters.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any of you guys got Pinterest?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People hate timeline the first few weeks they're on it. They get over it eventually. I think the upside is it's confusing format encourages you to cut back on trolling people's profiles.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There has been some interesting speculation that the reason Amazon has been giving up the fight against orders being taxed in many states (including Texas) is that they are planning to get into same day delivery. To do this they would need warehouses all over these states, and therefore would be open for taxation anyways. If this does happen, you are going to be looking at one of the greatest examples of "the law of unintended consequences." All the brick and mortar stores that lobbied so long for this change in tax law will suddenly find one of their greatest competitive advantages diminished. The consumer's desire to have the product "now."

Hey! Stop copying off my paper!

;)

...Enjoy the sales tax thing while it lasts - it won't be long until they're collecting it. On the bright side, I've read that collecting sales tax will mean Amazon will start to offer same-day delivery, given sales tax has been the biggest disincentive for them to have a physical presence in most states.

The same-day thing isn't up and running yet. IIRC, the article I read said the concept was still being smoothed out, but Amazon is now assuming they'll soon be collecting sales tax, which will likely hasten the process.

yo, fvck timeline.

+1,000,000

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

what is so wrong with timeline? :confused:

its dumb, and its a ****** and annoying way to view pages. the regular linear way was much simpler and user friendly imo. also easier to find things.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You're so cute to think fb cares.

They care about what the first users think.
Facebook releases new features by rolling them out to small groups of users and seeing the reaction (sometimes explicitly asking for input, other times just looking at usage patterns). That's how it got changes to privacy settings and a feature to automatically scrub old posts when you convert to timeline since it makes it really easy to jump back to 2006 and look at posts with zero privacy restrictions since back then it was only people at your college who could see it.

They don't care what people whining about it a year later think. Those people will whine about everything and then accept it a month later.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I remember when facebook was Ivy League only (to be fair, Ivy League plus a few others like Stanford and MIT).

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My high school was the first high school I think to get Facebook cuz their first headquarters were close by. I had a few friends in high school that even worked for them.

I remember I was going to make a MySpace page and a friend told me not to and sent me a Facebook invite

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
every thursday is snack day at the office, they put out a basket with like 20 small snack items for all the offices on the floor. i just went in the break room and this one lady takes 5 things and walks away. fat *************.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should thank her !

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

You should thank her !

How's a man supposed to continue to look 10 years older than his age if he doesn't have copious amounts of pastries and snack goods to eat? :puzzled:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
some people.

some biatch calls us looking for some parts. she brusquely starts to give me a part number that's obviously not one of ours. she gets annoyed with me as i'm trying to tell her that it doesn't sound like one of ours, but I start to repeat it back to her (i'm trying to type it in to help google it) and get part of it wrong and huffs at me, saying "i must have the wrong number." I ask her if she has a description, she says no. I'm not ready to give up yet - sometimes our customers or other re-sellers have their own part numbers for our stuff; I am trying to help. And maybe I can help her find the RIGHT company to call even if it's not me. I am googling this and talking to her, when, without warning, SHE PUTS ME ON HOLD. No "hang on a second," nothing. I'm talking, typing, and next thing I'm listening to hold music.

Not my parts anyways. I tell her the right company. Next time you call me because you can't even figure out who you're supposed to call, try not to be such a ******* c*nt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads