1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Ilovelobbs

Ilovelobbs Senior member

Over The Counter,

They should pay you 4K - tell them you helped Human Remains save over 20-30K in recrutiment fees had they went to the street to recruit.

Cheap Barstard.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. MrG

MrG Senior member

Bad stuff, B. Like acid said above, hang in there.

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'm about to head to a meeting, and I'm starting to realize I'm massively over-scheduled today. Once this one starts, I'm in meetings almost nonstop until this afternoon. I may not even have a chance to get some food until about 3:00.

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Real estate developers, everything happens in such an insanely slow pace, I have been waiting for 6 months now for answer on an offer.

I spoke with them today and they still haven't figured out which supplier they are going with. :brick:

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

That is the worst. If I don't eat around noon or 1PM, I am really grumpy.

Luckily, my calendar is completely clear today.

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Important people tend to have crazy meeting schedules.

Today, I only have three, so I'm not very important today.

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Aww you poor thing. I ate at 9pm last night, won't eat again until 9pm today. :slayer:

8. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

The ONLY pro to phone meetings is that you can put it on mute and nomnomnom while people ramble.

9. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Bigger difference than that actually. Diet Coke is based on the old "New Coke" recipe, Coke Zero is based on Coke Classic.

There also used to be Diet Coke with Splenda, which tasted different from Zero and closer to Diet.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Omg. After engaging in numerous bidding wars for an iPod on eBay and losing every single one, I placed bids on three separate iPods with my max price, assuming I'd lose those as well.

I just won two iPods and I'm about to win the third one as well because NO ONE else bid on these fuckers. Where are the bidders when you need them?!

:fu:

1 person likes this.
  11. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Interesting. I know that Zero is more tolerable than Diet, although I don't really drink either of them.

BTW, I think it's the other way around re: Diet Coke and New Coke: New Coke was basically Diet Coke with sugar, and was introduced because for a while Diet Coke was outselling regular Coke

12. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

If you approach the other sellers before the auction runs out, they can cancel your bid for you, I think.

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^didn't you just buy a BMW M5? eBay is a crapshoot/bad deal when it comes to buying apple products and digital cameras.

a great way to find a iPod for less is to buy the apple official refurbished models. you can even get applecare for them. 99% of the time the refurbished stuff from apple (computers, iPods, accessories) ends up looking brand new because they put new casings/screens/ect on.

I've bought my parents refurbished Macbooks and an iMac and they were non the wiser.

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ I went that route a few years ago and never looked back. If I remember correctly, they come with a 1 year warranty too.

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Yeah I just emailed the third seller about my predicament. Hoping he allows me to cancel my bid.

I would get a refurbished model but they don't have any refurbished iPod classics. I don't want an iPod touch or nano, which are the only iPod lines they're offering as refurbs.

Does anyone want an 80 GB iPod classic for a hundo? Free shipping!

16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

you can cancel bids if the auction still has a lot of time left on it.

there are plenty of iPod classics at the apple refurb store: albeit the super duper huge capacity ones

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_classic

17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I had no idea old school iPods were still selling for that much. I figured that by now you could probably get one for a rub and a tug

18. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Yeah but have you priced a rub 'n' tug lately?

1 person likes this.
  19. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Anyway, what kind of grandpa is using an iPod these days? I thought everyone used their phone.

20. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Hroi, just because you acquired your iPod by jerking some stranger off doesn't mean everyone else will!

^ I'm looking to get an iPod to keep in my car so I don't constantly have to hook up my phone whenever I drive.

Also, my interface doesn't recognize the iPhone 5 (that's the primary reason why I'm getting the old iPod :embar:).