• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Being single.

Try "It's complicated."

plain.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me set this up as easily as I can.

Former college GF and friend. Met and broke up in 1993.

Since then have seen each other perhaps 3 times; maintained a nice, if distant, friendship. Nothing more than distance and life keeping us from talking more I think.

During these few visits I somehow managed to "inspire her" to go to law school (her words) and encouraged her to pursue the man who is now her husband.

I've tried to talk with her via e-mail in the same way I do with all my other older friends who I don't see but once a decade: the occassional e-mail to say hi, congratulatory notes upon engagement, buying a house, etc. I have never received a reply to any of these.

In the end, I feel like she hasn't really made an effort to keep in touch. I've received the standard form Christmas letter but not a word to congratulate me on my engagement and marriage, new job, or first home purchase. When we recently traveled to the city where she now lives I didn't even bother trying to contact her for a quick hello.

The other day I receive an email from her and her husband (mass emailed to all of their family and "friends"). In this email she requests our help in their finding a baby to adopt through a private domestic adoption. I am paraphrasing this, but they specified that, given their position in life, they feel it's best the child be a newborn with no major illnesses or issues to deal with (alcoholism, MS, HIV/AIDS, whatever). They also say that, given their family background, the child should be white, asian, hispanic, and/or native american.

My wife and her sister are both adopted. She has developed some (thankfully mostly minor) health issues and her sister has developed very serious health issues.

I am so pissed off by this email, wherein my "friend" who can't be bothered to say Hi when I get married asks me to help her find a non-black, perfectly healthy baby, that I can barely express it.

But I want to tell her to just leave me out of her life from now on. How do I do that? A polite email saying that I feel our lives have gone in directions so different that our trying to maintain any semblance of a friendship is meaningless? Or do I say "your email really offended me" and explain why? If so, to what degree do I explain? That my wife is adopted and the issues of race and health offend the both of us? That she's imposing herself on me, by asking for help in this search, in a way that is not commensurate with her efforts to maintain our friendship? Or do I just simply say something along the lines of "Please do not attempt to stay in contact with me any more," and leave it at that?

b

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd reply with:
"The person to whom you addressed this email has crossed over the great divide. As wi-fi connections inside the Pearly Gates are somewhat spotty, please remove the addressee from your address book. Please accept the addressee's posthumous best wishes."

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I'd reply with:
"The person to whom you addressed this email has crossed over the great divide. As wi-fi connections inside the Pearly Gates are somewhat spotty, please remove the addressee from your address book. Please accept the addressee's posthumous best wishes."

I love this!

The downside is that she might send another email asking how you're doing.

Me? I'd add her to my spam list and move along.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A gas station attendant, probably a couple years older than me, said "what's up boss?" as I was about to pay for my red bull.

I don't know why, but it really pissed me off. It sounded so condescending.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the hell does sony put so much crap on their laptops?!?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Installing a new computer system, quite a lot of time and $$$ have gone into this project. Yesterday I was writing the financial statements, and today they're gone. No backups, btw.

No, I'm not kidding.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Dude in an SUV who backed into my bike and tipped it over in a parking lot, thus ruining my Friday with calling around to stupid insurance people. Thanks.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Dude in an SUV who backed into my bike and tipped it over in a parking lot, thus ruining my Friday with calling around to stupid insurance people. Thanks.

Were you around? Did he acknowledge fault? Or did he just drive off without leaving you his details?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The kid I was standing next to on the metro kept kicking my Margiela boots, and, my boots ended up staining my new YSL bag. Motherfucka.

But, I had a marvelous day, the portrait gallery was incredible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads