Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

why don't you stay with west's mom? I heard she likes to give rides.

2. Cordwinder

Cordwinder Senior member

187, we both have the same type of sister and family.

My case, its my Dad that worships my sister.

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i hate that

4. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

scratched one of my trickers brogues about 3 years ago...still makes me :fu: everytime I put them on

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I got a deep cut on my Corthay's like two months after getting them. Nothing like adding some patina right away to $1,700 shoes.

6. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Ugh, I was white hot last night when this happened.

I went to buy two cases of Cava at a big liquor store in town. It's hands-down the best place around; they have a huge selection of wines, knowledgeable sales people, and basically everything under the sun. I love the place. Prices are great, too. I buy a ton of liquor there - we just spent over $2,000 there for my wedding in September, and between a large event my family throws and my annual Christmas party, we probably spend another $2,000 a year there.

Backstory: I lost my wallet about a week and a half ago, and I have just started replacing cards and such, but not yet my drivers license. I am 34.

Well, you can probably figure where this is going. I had called ahead to make sure they had this Cava in quantity, show up, get ready to check out.... and I get carded by some asswipe at the counter. He won't listen to reason. I'm dropping the name of the wine guy who helped me at the wedding, I'm telling him I'm 34, etc etc. He won't budge. People are sort of looking at me and chuckling. I'm feeling embarrassed for no fucking reason.

I understand that IDs are serious business and that a liquor store really can't fuck around with the possibility of losing a liquor license, but at a certain point, common sense has to prevail. A number of you have met me and there is nothing about me to suggest I might be underage. In light of what I was buying, my knowledge of one of their wine experts, my general appearance... at a certain point common sense should prevail.

I guess what's pissing me off today is realizing just how much emotion can throw you and cause you to fail to reason properly. I was so angry and upset and embarrassed about the whole ordeal that I failed to call a manager over. I ended up calling the store after I had calmed down a bit and talked to a manager. Turns out he was the same person I had talked to about whether or not they even had the Cava. Had I just asked calmly for a manager instead of storming out in a confused and embarrassed mess, I am sure I would have gotten it sorted out and I would have left with my wine.

I've identified this in my work behavior in the past year or so, and really made an effort to understand my own emotions in work issues, and also identify how others are feeling and why they might feel that way when I see them get emotional. It's tremendously useful to recognize and harness that. But even though I fancy myself a self-aware and probing person, it's annoying to realize that you still can be highly susceptible under the "right" circumstances.

End of the story: the manager I talked to when I called back is holding my cases til next week when I can pick them up.

7. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

People still drink Cava?

8. patrickBOOTH

That is frustrating. You are lucky you can calm down. I have my father's temperment. If something pisses me off and it is ridiculous I will calm down, but thought of it even years later makes my blood boil.

I was thrown out of a post office once. Just sayin.

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Story?

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Need to pick up a new clothes iron.

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Must be for stalking female workers...

12. patrickBOOTH

It's not a very interesting one. I will save you the time. But, honestly, somebody irritated at postal workers? No surprises there.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011

13. patrickBOOTH

Maybe it was because male workers were stalking me...

14. gort

gort Senior member

I play goalie in ice hockey.....last night took a slapshot that found its way past my leg pad and hit me square in the knee. Could barely stand the rest of the game and knee is the size of a grapefruit today. :fu:

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

In Football , you have to be insane to be a goalkeeper...

Is that the same in hockey?