• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

haha sorry if I confused, it was written rather quickly on my way out to a hot wing contest. the one using the secondary SUV (my parents have 3 cars thus I always have one) is my stepsister (another story all together). my sister has her own car, but was just lazy and wouldn't drive me to the station. and yes, I live with my blood sister, although she lives at her bfs condo half the time.

why don't you stay with west's mom? I heard she likes to give rides.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ugh, I was white hot last night when this happened.

I went to buy two cases of Cava at a big liquor store in town. It's hands-down the best place around; they have a huge selection of wines, knowledgeable sales people, and basically everything under the sun. I love the place. Prices are great, too. I buy a ton of liquor there - we just spent over $2,000 there for my wedding in September, and between a large event my family throws and my annual Christmas party, we probably spend another $2,000 a year there.

Backstory: I lost my wallet about a week and a half ago, and I have just started replacing cards and such, but not yet my drivers license. I am 34.

Well, you can probably figure where this is going. I had called ahead to make sure they had this Cava in quantity, show up, get ready to check out.... and I get carded by some asswipe at the counter. He won't listen to reason. I'm dropping the name of the wine guy who helped me at the wedding, I'm telling him I'm 34, etc etc. He won't budge. People are sort of looking at me and chuckling. I'm feeling embarrassed for no ******* reason.

I understand that IDs are serious business and that a liquor store really can't **** around with the possibility of losing a liquor license, but at a certain point, common sense has to prevail. A number of you have met me and there is nothing about me to suggest I might be underage. In light of what I was buying, my knowledge of one of their wine experts, my general appearance... at a certain point common sense should prevail.

I guess what's pissing me off today is realizing just how much emotion can throw you and cause you to fail to reason properly. I was so angry and upset and embarrassed about the whole ordeal that I failed to call a manager over. I ended up calling the store after I had calmed down a bit and talked to a manager. Turns out he was the same person I had talked to about whether or not they even had the Cava. Had I just asked calmly for a manager instead of storming out in a confused and embarrassed mess, I am sure I would have gotten it sorted out and I would have left with my wine.

I've identified this in my work behavior in the past year or so, and really made an effort to understand my own emotions in work issues, and also identify how others are feeling and why they might feel that way when I see them get emotional. It's tremendously useful to recognize and harness that. But even though I fancy myself a self-aware and probing person, it's annoying to realize that you still can be highly susceptible under the "right" circumstances.

End of the story: the manager I talked to when I called back is holding my cases til next week when I can pick them up.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ugh, I was white hot last night when this happened.
I went to buy two cases of Cava at a big liquor store in town. It's hands-down the best place around; they have a huge selection of wines, knowledgeable sales people, and basically everything under the sun. I love the place. Prices are great, too. I buy a ton of liquor there - we just spent over $2,000 there for my wedding in September, and between a large event my family throws and my annual Christmas party, we probably spend another $2,000 a year there.
Backstory: I lost my wallet about a week and a half ago, and I have just started replacing cards and such, but not yet my drivers license. I am 34.
Well, you can probably figure where this is going. I had called ahead to make sure they had this Cava in quantity, show up, get ready to check out.... and I get carded by some asswipe at the counter. He won't listen to reason. I'm dropping the name of the wine guy who helped me at the wedding, I'm telling him I'm 34, etc etc. He won't budge. People are sort of looking at me and chuckling. I'm feeling embarrassed for no ******* reason.
I understand that IDs are serious business and that a liquor store really can't **** around with the possibility of losing a liquor license, but at a certain point, common sense has to prevail. A number of you have met me and there is nothing about me to suggest I might be underage. In light of what I was buying, my knowledge of one of their wine experts, my general appearance... at a certain point common sense should prevail.
I guess what's pissing me off today is realizing just how much emotion can throw you and cause you to fail to reason properly. I was so angry and upset and embarrassed about the whole ordeal that I failed to call a manager over. I ended up calling the store after I had calmed down a bit and talked to a manager. Turns out he was the same person I had talked to about whether or not they even had the Cava. Had I just asked calmly for a manager instead of storming out in a confused and embarrassed mess, I am sure I would have gotten it sorted out and I would have left with my wine.
I've identified this in my work behavior in the past year or so, and really made an effort to understand my own emotions in work issues, and also identify how others are feeling and why they might feel that way when I see them get emotional. It's tremendously useful to recognize and harness that. But even though I fancy myself a self-aware and probing person, it's annoying to realize that you still can be highly susceptible under the "right" circumstances.
End of the story: the manager I talked to when I called back is holding my cases til next week when I can pick them up.

That is frustrating. You are lucky you can calm down. I have my father's temperment. If something pisses me off and it is ridiculous I will calm down, but thought of it even years later makes my blood boil.

I was thrown out of a post office once. Just sayin.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is frustrating. You are lucky you can calm down. I have my father's temperment. If something pisses me off and it is ridiculous I will calm down, but thought of it even years later makes my blood boil.

Story?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Need to pick up a new clothes iron.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Must be for stalking female workers...

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I play goalie in ice hockey.....last night took a slapshot that found its way past my leg pad and hit me square in the knee. Could barely stand the rest of the game and knee is the size of a grapefruit today. :fu:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I play goalie in ice hockey.....last night took a slapshot that found its way past my leg pad and hit me square in the knee. Could barely stand the rest of the game and knee is the size of a grapefruit today. :fu:

In Football , you have to be insane to be a goalkeeper...

Is that the same in hockey?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads