• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I'm asking in the thread, as it may benefit someone else. I'm thinking of getting a very tight 1B peak jacket and a 3B suit in the usual (read slim fit but not extremely tight) suit, is it logical to think I should order the suit first as a very tight jacket leaves a very low margin for any measurements errors?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
so as of today, this is going to be the Sack jacket, unless otherwise specified

Basically, the pocket design was changed, as well as the lapel size and the shoulder shape.

This jacket is for someone, but it's a good example of the jacket in tweed. Just got this jacket in today so I snapped a few quickies to post before i package it for shipping. Hopefully the owner won't mind....
smile.gif

The fabric was his own supplied herringbone grey tweed, but I have the exact same fabric for the most part (mine is just a shade darker on the lighter grey). New fabrics (mostly tweeds) will be uploaded sometime mid-april along with some new shots (I'm making a charcoal sack jacket with contrast white stitching that will be up then as well).

tweedstyleforumnw6.jpg

closeup of pocket and fabric

tweedsackpocketdetailbt5.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I'm asking in the thread, as it may benefit someone else. I'm thinking of getting a very tight 1B peak jacket and a 3B suit in the usual (read slim fit but not extremely tight) suit, is it logical to think I should order the suit first as a very tight jacket leaves a very low margin for any measurements errors?

The margin is lower than normal, since the jacket is cut closer to the body per its size but I think *you'd* be pretty familiar with *your* sizing to where the margin is greater than for someone else who might not be as "clothes savvy"

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
so as of today, this is going to be the Sack jacket, unless otherwise specified[/IMG]

Looks damn fine, GS. Lapel and pocket flaps are nicely balanced. Is the sleevehead roped? When will these be available to order?

familyman

Reaction score
so as of today, this is going to be the Sack jacket, unless otherwise specified

F-ing awesome. That's the jacket!
Do you have any other pictures? Without hands in the pockets? So cool. So cool.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Looks damn fine, GS. Lapel and pocket flaps are nicely balanced. Is the sleevehead roped? When will these be available to order?

sleevehead isnt roped.....it's available now.

Familyman, here's another shot I took....the front quarters look really spread, but that's due to the fact today's windy and it was gusting the whole time these pics were shot and was blowing the jacket open

tweedsack1fw9.jpg

familyman

Reaction score
Familyman, here's another shot I took....

Thanks, that shows me exactly what I wanted to see. I'll probably add an inch to the length when I order one but the silhouette is just perfect. The lapels are right where they should be. Pockets are great.
I'll wait to see what tweeds you put up and start working on convincing my wife that I need to order a tweed jacket in Texas in the summer.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get Smart;463398 said:
sleevehead isnt roped.....it's available now.

Do you have it available at your store in LA? That is one sweet jacket - the fit is perfect!
worship.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Do you have it available at your store in LA? That is one sweet jacket - the fit is perfect!
worship.gif

thanks! no, I don't have a sample at Camden Lock yet. There will be one there in the near future as a sample that you can order a customized one from.

phaedrus

Reaction score
Got my suit today! Thanks Jason.

I chose the 1 button in charcoal fabric w/purple lining, placed my order just over a month ago, had a slight delay due minor thing with the jacket but it actually got here in good time.

The jacket fits well I think the measurements were fairly accurate. The trousers are cut nice and slim, however I am afraid that they are just a little on the tight side around the crotch area when sitting down, I'll have to see what I can do about this (if I want it to be a work suit) otherwise walking/standing they feel OK on.

Overall the suit feels very well made and I am happy with it. The slight tightness in the trouser prevents it from being perfect, but I am still very satisfied with it all.

Heres pics:

tatsfnw1.jpg

tat3bt6.jpg

tattpc4.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks really really really good ! I am truly impressed
(the roped shoulder is a little.. hmm... extreme, no?)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
right on Phaed....you could try to have the seat taken out a bit at a tailors, see if that makes it roomier at the crotch. You *may* want to take the trousers up a tad (maybe an inch)...I think they'll hang better without that half break you currently have, unless that's the way you want it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads