• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Opoika

Reaction score
1_2.jpg

2_9.jpg

water

Reaction score
Coat looks excellent.

High waters are not my thing but, of course, that is subjective.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Ollie, I think you made a good call to go shorter on the inseam with this suit. I think the larger cuffs on your current order will look really cool w/the one button notch lapel.

Opoika

Reaction score
I ordered my first suit with longer inseam and then tested different lenghts. This looked best to my eye. Next suit will come with cuffs which may become my preference.

WorkingTitle

Reaction score
Well I just got my first TaT suit. Everything fit brilliantly. The only minor gripe I have would be to have the inseam .5" longer, but that can easily be fixed in Alteration. Here is pics of my wearing it fresh out of the box. Good work Jason.
tat1.jpg
tat2.jpg
tat3.jpg
tat4.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I actually like where the inseam is, but letting it down ½ is a no brainer

Just hang that sucker in the shower with the hot water running to let out some of the wrinkles! or even better, take it to get pressed and you'll be ready to rock.

WorkingTitle

Reaction score
In those photos I am "Slouching" it a little bit, as in, wearing it a little bit lower than its normal resting position. I did that to make it fall on the shoe perfectly. But if I pull it up it needs like .5" longer inseam, but even then, it's not even a big deal.

Really good job Jason, Very close to perfection.

PS. I LOVE the lining you used.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vvoc
i had a general questio about getting my TaT suit pressed...im planning on wearing it this weekend for a party (i hvnt worn it in a couple months) do you recommend I get it pressed? just shower steam etc? thanks!

depends...if it just has superficial wrinkles caused by normal wear then shower steam it (before I got a steamer I would leave it hanging in the bathroom for at least 30 min with hot shower running). If it has some deep set crease/wrinkles, shower steam first then see if you need to get it pressed

Opoika

Reaction score
WorkingTitle: the suit fits very nicely, congratulations! Shorter jacket would make your legs look longer, but it's fine like that too.

I haven't steamed my suit yet. I never remember to take it to the shower with me.

mattjames

Reaction score
Is it just the angle or are the buttons positioned differently on WorkingTitle's suit in comparison to Opoika's at the top of the page? They both look very nice. I'm getting something of a Dior vibe from WorkingTitle's.

It would be interesting to know when we're looking at deviations from the house style, even if it's just a minor thing such as length. Both of the above jackets look normal length, rather than the shorter look which Jason often does.

Opoika

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattjames
Is it just the angle or are the buttons positioned differently on WorkingTitle's suit in comparison to Opoika's at the top of the page?

I noticed that too. Mine buttonstance is very high, but it looks even higher because of the angle. The camera was placed at the level of my belt. WT's angle looks better, and the buttonstance lower than normally, but still quite normal compared to the lenght of the jacket. Get Smart probably knows better.

Originally Posted by mattjames
It would be interesting to know when we're looking at deviations from the house style, even if it's just a minor thing such as length. Both of the above jackets look normal length, rather than the shorter look which Jason often does.

I'm 5' 6", and actually my first suit became 3/4" longer than this, and I didn't specify the lenght. It could be shorter, but this doesn't look bad either. I also wanted the rise shorter and thighs slimmer, but otherwise it's housestyled.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
The length of the jacket determines the button point, for balance sake

Opoika's jacket is shorter proportionately to him than WTs. So the button point is adjusted to accomodate that difference. WT wanted a jacket closer to 'normal' length. Opoika's is more house style length

Opoika's def has a more "thombrowne" effect to his, and WTs more "diorhomme" effect, if I would be so bold to compare my stuff in those terms.

mattjames

Reaction score
WorkingTitle, could you tell me how tall you are?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads