• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

They've made it MY fault

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but I just manned up and asked them (very politely but seriously) straight to their face if they didn't like me and didn't want my business.

+1

This will sort things out quickly, one way or another.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F A Y B A N
I don't know, I just felt I was the one who should be mad at them for ruining my pants.
Given the cleaner's attitude, I wouldn't trust them to continue to do my dry cleaning.

knowsnothin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
You brought a pair of pants to a dry cleaner for alterations.
They accidentally put a hole in them.
You were upset.
They offered to reimburse you for the pants.
You said, "These pants cost $110!"
They said, "Wow, do you mind if we see a receipt?"
You brought in the receipt and they cut you a cheque.

Were you hoping they would kiss your ass as well?

lefty

+1

Furthermore, are you serious? They admitted they made a mistake and paid you $110 for the damage they caused. You should consider yourself lucky.

Yeah sure. Leave them and look for a dry cleaner who will treat you better. Good luck finding another dry cleaner who will 1) admit they damaged your clothes and 2) pay 100% of your purchase price when you present them with a reciept.

Oh wait a minute, that wasn't enough. You want more. So you won't be disapointed in the future, you should ask each potential new dry cleaner what else they will do for you when they damaged your clothes, in addition to paying you 100% of the purchase price. I'd love to hear what they say.

F A Y B A N

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knowsnothin
+1

Furthermore, are you serious? They admitted they made a mistake and paid you $110 for the damage they caused. You should consider yourself lucky.

Yeah sure. Leave them and look for a dry cleaner who will treat you better. Good luck finding another dry cleaner who will 1) admit they damaged your clothes and 2) pay 100% of your purchase price when you present them with a reciept.

Oh wait a minute, that wasn't enough. You want more. So you won't be disapointed in the future, you should ask each potential new dry cleaner what else they will do for you when they damaged your clothes, in addition to paying you 100% of the purchase price. I'd love to hear what they say.

lol I took a L and I'm just supposed to suck it up and take **** everytime I need clothes dry cleaned? I don't want more but some damn civility. The main part of my post was

"The problem now is every time I go in there I'm reminded of the pants, or I'm specifically asked if I need alterations done so they can reject doing it, or I'm just given a ****** attitude."

I'm not asking for anyone to kiss ****** or some special treatment. Do you take clothes to be laundered with the thought, "I hope they don't **** up my clothes but if they do, I'll chalk it up"

I mean like have you read what I wrote? Should businesses not be held accountable? I don't really know what to say. Maybe I should've never went back and that would've solved everything?

I guess it's good to see where other people are coming from, wouldn't make sense if too many people agreed with me.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knowsnothin
+1

Do you have any regard for manners, respect, etiquette, civility? These have nothing to do with refunding 100% of the purchase price, yet they are of more importance to many people. Giving someone any amount of money does not give them a penchant to be an asshole.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F A Y B A N
lol I took a L and I'm just supposed to suck it up and take **** everytime I need clothes dry cleaned? I don't want more but some damn civility. The main part of my post was

"The problem now is every time I go in there I'm reminded of the pants, or I'm specifically asked if I need alterations done so they can reject doing it, or I'm just given a ****** attitude."

you just got to ask them if they are angry at you. this will shame them into realizing they might lose a customer. but if you're paranoid and angry with them it only makes the situation more volatile due to perceived outcomes (that may not even be reality).

seriously the last thing in the world they would want to do is destroy more of your clothes on purpose. its so counterintuitive.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by instep
You've completely missed the point. He's not asking for his ass to be kissed, he's asking to be treated normally.
confused.gif

It is their privilege NOT to serve him again. Given the carry on here considering they fully compensated him which is unusual, I would think that reasonable. What are we not being told? If this is a demonstration of his attitude then more power to them.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
What I've learned from this thread is that Rayban must obviously be an acronym for "'**** all you ***** ass niggas". Thanks, MC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads