• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WWYBWRN Thread: What Would You Be Wearing Now

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Inspired by WAYWN, and also the "Sartorial Evolution" thread amongst others ---> What would you most likely be wearing instead of today's outfit, if you had not discovered Styleforum? For example, today I wore: shirt: RL polo (custom fit) pants: jcrew classic fit chinos in stone watch:Seiko diver skx007 on bond nato band shoes: Sperry Topsiders in sahara sunglasses: plastic tortoiseshell polarized and if had never discovered SF, I would instead most likely have worn: shirt: RL polo (classic fit) pants: Dockers in stone watch: none shoes: Sperry Topsiders in sahara sunglasses: Target, probably aviators. I think the overall style is the same, just better attention to fit and detail. Without SF, I doubt I would have discovered the Seiko divers on my own, nor the sunglasses or more slim fit chinos. So what would you be wearing instead if you had not discovered these forums. And if you are like Vox and Manton and already knew everything there is to know about clothing before the interwebz were created, its perfectly fine to say that nothing would be different between the two scenarios
smile.gif

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
not gonna lie: pre-SF I was a teenage baggy clothing victim
frown.gif

(I'm a size small and 30 waist for reference)

Hat: (insert baseball team) fitted cap
Jacket: black wool bomber (L)
Shirt: white t-shirt (XL)
Jeans: Rocawear lightcolored jeans (32)
Shoes: either plain white nike's or plain beige Timberland boots

Thank God for Styleforum
worship.gif

plotter

Reaction score
This will be so interesting.

Gucci, Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, any brand for the top, bottom, and accessory.

Lol, it's scary to look back on the past. It haunts me.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
not gonna lie: pre-SF I was a teenage baggy clothing victim
frown.gif
(I'm a size small and 30 waist for reference) Hat: (insert baseball team) fitted cap Jacket: black wool bomber (L) Shirt: white t-shirt (XL) Jeans: Rocawear lightcolored jeans (32) Shoes: either plain white nike's or plain beige Timberland boots Thank God for Styleforum
worship.gif

Nice. So what are you rocking nowadays? I only ask because I think that the contrast between the two scenarios should be even more interesting than just knowing either on its own.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze
Nice. So what are you rocking nowadays? I only ask because I think that the contrast between the two scenarios should be even more interesting than just knowing either on its own.

I usually wear casual buttoned shirts with a pair of well fitting jeans. I have a tendency to gravitate towards un-SF brands such as boss(for shirts) and Earnest Sewn(jeans). I have a lot of APC shirts and PRL stuff; mostly hoodies. My choice in shoes is basic: black chucks. I rotate the regular canvas or the leather ones by JV.

However I do have a disclaimer: I am only 18 years old, which is why I choose boss (slim cuts that fit my body well with relatively cheap prices). This also explains why I do not drape myself in dress clothes, although I wish I could. I wish I could wear a suit or dress clothing more regularly, but I have no forum to do so (haha get it?). This doesnt stop me from accumulating a mass of clothing to choose from when I do have the chance to do so
smile.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'd probably be wearing a t-shirt with some stupid print on it, jeans from Gap or Old Navy and a pair of Adidas sneakers.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Badly fitting suit, mediocre shirt, department store tie, tatty pair of loafers. It was bad. Some of the right ideas/colours, but appalling execution with lack of any real attention to detail.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Had I not discovered styleforum, I'd be wearing:

shirt: RL polo (custom fit)
pants: jcrew classic fit chinos in stone
watch:Seiko diver skx007 on bond nato band
shoes: Sperry Topsiders in sahara
sunglasses: plastic tortoiseshell polarized

lol8[1].gif

bastard

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I damn near cried out of embarrassment, cleaning out my closet, and found square toed rubber soled "dress shoes" from KC, that I picked up from Men's Wearhouse 8 years ago. Luckily, I haven't worn them in 5 years. Good Lord I've come a long way.
eh.gif
I had two pair, one in black, one in brown. It felt very good putting them in a trash bag to haul off to the Goodwill.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be wearing.

Gap shirt.
Kenneth Cole bluthcer shoes frm Zappos.
Gap brown casual pants from Gap.com.
Some generic sweater from MArshalls.
Generic leather belt frm Marshalls.
Kenneth cole jacket frm Marshalls or Filene's.

To think of it the changes are very minor:

I wear.

CK collection slim shirt from Amazon.
Lardini button wool west frm Yoox.
Church's brown blutchers from Herringshoes.
Dark blue Levi's velvet jeans frm Ebay.
RL brown suede belt frm Ebay.
Gazzarrini trench coat from Yoox.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads