• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

idlerich

Reaction score
Lisbon, Porto and Estoril are of most interest, we have done the Algarve when we were younger. So would like to spend some time in the North and maybe base ourselves in Lisbon (Nice Hotel or Villa) and rent a car.

I like the food and boozing mostly 😉er
Well, as I say, I'm just outside Lisbon and really my friends and my life are there. I guess I know it pretty well and I should be able to answer questions, advise etc

Porto, I go there roughly once a month to dj. I have friends there and I know my around to some extent - but... but, there is a sense I'm which I only half know it. I'm only there on a weekend, I rarely see daylight in fact. So I couldn't honestly offer a complete comparison of L v P lifestyles. I'd say there is quite a noticeable difference in food and architecture etc

There is this thing they love called a francescina. I dj-d there one time, crashed on this guy Ricardo's sofa, was supposed to catch bus back around midday I guess. When I woke it was about 3pm with Ricardo stood over me shaking his head in disgust "you didn't even try and catch it".
So he decides we gonna go eat francescina - I'm so hungover, the last thing I wanna do is eat, never mind one of these monstrosities which are kinda like a lasagne but if you systematically went through each component and replaced it with a worse one and then poured some horrible sauce all over it. As usual though I'm too polite to say no so we stagger to this place and start queuing.

Thanks to all that's holy though, one of his friends phones and they are eating elsewhere so we join them and I dodge this bullet. In fact they are eating chicken with a sauce so hot it actually revives me (along with a couple of shots) and I eventually manage the train to Lisbon.
Estoril I don't know at all I'm afraid.

Last edited:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20230629_170051.jpg

idlerich

Reaction score
This is actually yesterday's clothes, but whatever... so, yesterday I went round to the house of my DJ partner, deal was I help her use the "financas portal" website - which is something the government created and you can access via your tax payer number. More and more clubs insist you log on to that and use it to create an official invoice before you can be paid - to create a couple of invoices for recent and upcoming sets she has done, and in return she cooks me dinner.

So, I headed out, I was really late and I kinda threw some clothes on in a mad hurry going for what I hoped was a striking all-white look.

353888323_7113643368651261_7568670890756375640_n.jpg

Problem was, while I was on the train, somehow (probably from sprinting to catch it) an old cut on my chest opened up and started bleeding. So I now looked as though I had been shot in the heart by a really really tiny gun, perhaps one of those jewel handled ones that women had for self-protection inn days of yore... whatever, my friend took one look and told me I looked too disgusting to be allowed in to eat dinner. She ordered me to go to the second hand shop round the corner and said I could not return until I looked better.

Fair enough, I tried on every item that might fit me and be suitable in the shop and one hour and twenty euros later I returned looking like this

353936504_651479527000554_8941794390047001208_n.jpg

At the time, I thought it was simply the least worst option, but it's actually grown on me. The shape seems to be just right, the fit is good, the material is comfortable etc etc I don't think I've ever owned anything by Armani before, but 20 euros seems a decent enough price (and I haven't found anything wrong yet, normally whenever I think I have a bargain from a second hand shop, the next day I find a huge hole in it or similar).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads