• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Use it without the guard. It should still leave you with stubble on the sides and back.

Not really. I use it like that on my neck sometimes -- it's not quite clean, but not stubble. Also it's irritating as hell.

Don't get me wrong, I see the problem, I understand that something's gotta give, I just don't see any practicable solution.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Not really. I use it like that on my neck sometimes -- it's not quite clean, but not stubble. Also it's irritating as hell.

Don't get me wrong, I see the problem, I understand that something's gotta give, I just don't see any practicable solution.

Many StyleForumers: *gives @Daniel Hakimi a practicable solution*
@Daniel Hakimi, a Redditor: that's just not practicable solution.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Many StyleForumers: *gives @Daniel Hakimi a practicable solution*
@Daniel Hakimi, a Redditor: that's just not practicable solution.

A few Redditors told me to go bald too. I don't think any of you or them have considered what it might actually look like on me, it's just their only response to thinning hair. And don't get me wrong -- there's no *better* response to thinning hair, this is the only one that *sometimes* works, but it's not going to work on my head.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few Redditors told me to go bald too. I don't think any of you or them have considered what it might actually look like on me, it's just their only response to thinning hair. And don't get me wrong -- there's no *better* response to thinning hair, this is the only one that *sometimes* works, but it's not going to work on my head.
You won't know until you give it a shot. Shaved all of my hair off a decade ago and never went back. It's all about playing with the hand you are dealt?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You won't know until you give it a shot. Shaved all of my hair off a decade ago and never went back. It's all about playing with the hand you are dealt?

This. I do 2-3 mm all over and it's pretty good imho. I mean, I'd much rather have a head full of hair - I'd probably wear it really long - but hey, that's just life. I compensate by buying expensive a$$ jawnz and, sometimes, wear them in the shower. ?

Last edited:

rokor

Reaction score
FEFF267E-821A-424C-9509-2E48653C9B07.jpeg

013919B0-B962-4887-ABD9-5EAA7CFC1A15.jpeg

Im balding too. Im so angry I cant rock a bed head for 6 months before needing a trim these days, it really used to work in my favour so well. I guess the pro is that I look more mature and professional with an almost bald trim. The last thing I want is to be taken seriously though. I’m really just a cowboy in the city.

SLP, Helmut, APC

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1600448
View attachment 1600449
Im balding too. Im so angry I cant rock a bed head for 6 months before needing a trim these days, it really used to work in my favour so well. I guess the pro is that I look more mature and professional with an almost bald trim. The last thing I want is to be taken seriously though. I’m really just a cowboy in the city.

SLP, Helmut, APC

You look great bro!

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is there any reason you won’t just give it a try, aside from a having preconceived conviction it would be worse than your situation now? If it doesn’t work, just don’t do it again. Seems pretty unanimous the advice you’re getting, and it’s not permanent.

I often think something will look stupid on me before I try it on. Sometimes I’m right and sometimes I’m not, but I’m always glad I did it - esp if someone I trust suggested it.

verver

Reaction score
View attachment 1600448
View attachment 1600449

SLP, Helmut, APC
My fav fit of urs, nice!

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

being stubborn about your style generally only works when you don't look like ****. start by trimming the sides of your head instead of writing dumb blog posts about things above your paygrade.

rokor

Reaction score
BFA25BA0-1103-42A9-8EFB-856EC0EAB409.jpeg

lmao.

Thanks guys, yeah Ive actually been wearing that jacket a lot recently. I was close to selling it but the buyer was an asshole so I decided not to go through with it, I guess that worked out in my favour. My wardrobe is just about complete sans another Dior and Dries suit, both of which I’m eyeing and would have if I didnt spend all my money on stupid beautiful rare gem bracelets that are magnificent to behold. Oh and the painting I just bought that’s behind me, but that doesnt count and comes from my food budget.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads