• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

Maybe you should try adopting a puppy instead of grown dogs. Dealing with a 6-8 week old pup and a 6-8 week old child isn't all that different. :embar:

puppies are infinitely cuter than babies, come on. they also don't scream.

Last edited:

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this thread derailment is one of the worst in recent memory...I'm about to take a bathroom picture of myself with bed hair and wearing a Stark; someone please get this thread back on track

TWorksheets

Reaction score
More than anything I am impressed with Moo and Teger's never ending back and forth. At a certain point, don't you guys just stop caring? Whether or not Moo is trolling is irrelevant. Aren't you two tired of responding to one another?

I have no life and sit in front of a computer from 8 - 5 but even I just skim over this stuff now.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i know. but i thought maybe..

i like it. :(

also, synth, your comment desperately calls for some commas. :)

--
fit redacted.

Don't redact, dude!

Breakdown: 1/4 zip is bad. It is always bad. Benesyed has absolutely no idea what he's talking about, so don't let him bolster your ego. They speak to everything that's wrong with menswear. More importantly, however:

The color - I find it tacky, gaudy. It's too bright for such a staid item, and gives you a "dressed by your mother" look.

The hemline - the ribbing is not doing you any favors. Combined with the trousers (which appear to have a heavy tape - lovely color on those, and the shoes, by the way), it's really emphasizing your midsection. Now, I'm not into body-shaming or anything like that, but this isn't a good look. Those chunky fisherman knits look best (IMO) when they're sort of slouchy and oversized, not pulled tight across your front. The quarter zip doesn't help - it's just emphasizing the bottom of the V, where your midsection begins. The heavy taper from armhole to cuff also makes it worse - like you're a flailing disco eggplant.

I would suggest an unribbed sweater - I'm sure you've seen pictures of the SNS Herning Stark floating around on the forum, and I think that a navy one would really look great with this fit.

Last edited:

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did someone say, glaciers?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i don't think animals are 'better' than people but i'd rather have a cute soft animal than a crying baby.

I do not believe that everyone should have kids, and I've heard a lot of good reasons from people why they do not want to have kids, but this has to be the stupidest one I've ever heard. Tegs, I hope there is more thought than that behinds your reasons.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While i respect Synthese for his epic fits. Swd has a dumb bias against .25 zips. Idk what your fit looked like so i can't speak to it. Got in the ring post redact.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I do not believe that everyone should have kids, and I've heard a lot of good reasons from people why they do not want to have kids, but this has to be the stupidest one I've ever heard. Tegs, I hope there is more thought than that behinds your reasons.

Probably because he's in his 20's, has his whole life ahead of him, feels like he hasn't devoted nearly enough time to himself yet, has no desire to drop everything and devote himself to raising a tiny human being when he barely feels like an adult, has no real career, because babies are expensive, because blindly creating life isn't a good reason to do it, because he likes his beagle, because he would prefer to minimize stress rather than increase it, because he knows how hard life is sometimes and it's tough to wish that on something you're creating, because feeling a bit at sea is no reason to drop everything and make a child, because because because

but what do i know

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Reaction score

More than anything I am impressed with Moo and Teger's never ending back and forth. At a certain point, don't you guys just stop caring? Whether or not Moo is trolling is irrelevant. Aren't you two tired of responding to one another?

I have no life and sit in front of a computer from 8 - 5 but even I just skim over this stuff now.

whatever i can do avoid my thesis. WHATEVER I CAN DO.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score

Probably because he's in his 20's, has his whole life ahead of him, feels like he hasn't devoted nearly enough time to himself yet, has no desire to drop everything and devote himself to raising a tiny human being when he barely feels like an adult, has no real career, because babies are expensive, because blindly creating life isn't a good reason to do it, because he likes his beagle, because he would prefer to minimize stress rather than increase it, because he knows how hard life is sometimes and it's tough to wish that on something you're creating, because feeling a bit at sea is no reason to drop everything and make a child, because because because

but what do i know

this as well as ..

I didn't have the best childhood so I don't know if I'm emotionally equipped to be a parent

I have some health problems with genetic indicators and I would feel guilty fathering I child that potentially would have these same health problems

TWorksheets

Reaction score

While i respect Synthese for his epic fits. Swd has a dumb bias against .25 zips. Idk what your fit looked like so i can't speak to it. Got in the ring post redact.

Show us the exception to the rule Bene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads