• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ATTN. mikey, reedo, gettoasty etc.
i wish some of the younger posters on this site would aim for a different aesthetic. you guys are like my style comrades, but all these workwear/office fits are so boring. a lot of us are still pretty young, but we're aspiring to dress like old men rather than taking cues from members like Synth, Bacon and Kelv. i saw my style going in this same direction and realized i needed a change. put away your cardigans and knits and pick up some leather or something. i dont even know.. more SZ, less MC.

I'm young and I ******* love knits. Also, Kelv's looks are usually pretty clean, could be considered office-lite, I guess.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
he's got a good point about narrowing versus broadening your horizons, though. hopefully they'll all grow out of it.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clark Kent, you raise a really interesting point. I've been considering getting a nice slim leather (something like the one you just posted in the should I thread) and some sleek side zips and trying to rock that casually. It's just so far out of my comfort zone, I'm honestly scared to drop a grand and find out the look doesn't work for me....

I would like to go between two aesthetics though, I think it'd liven things up and allow me to switch depending on my mood/the occasion.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's sort of scary how much you guys on the forum have influenced my style and style aspirations, actually. Sometimes I need to remind myself of this, and make sure I'm buying something because I actually like it/want to wear it, and not because it has majority approval here. Nevertheless, SF is an invaluable resource

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Anytime reedo.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have no money, and i dress like that to work only. :foo:
i think reedo/mikey dress more workwear than work wear, which during my ending university days, I pretty much did the same.
i have a much better understanding of where i am heading in terms of my wardrobe, just a matter of saving and looking more carefully.
i spent the better half of my time here experimenting very quick, and not lurking enough.

i understand what you are saying though. job = income = jawnz

just not right now.

fwiw, i can see myself dressing like uniqlo/zara catalogs with a TOJ leather/outerwear and boots from oki-ni et. al

and...i would like to keep 2 separate wardrobes. MC and SW&D...from what I have seen from impolyt_one, he does a excellent job of this. my inspiration

Last edited:

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jaac - Simple and sharp w/ that perfect bomber fit.
Notwithit - I like the blazer and casualness of the patch pockets, but I dunno... something about the whole getup is reeking of Express-ish-ness. Mostly the shirt color and maybe the shoes too.

clark kent

Reaction score

I'm young and I ******* love knits. Also, Kelv's looks are usually pretty clean, could be considered office-lite, I guess.

you at least have an edgier look, so even if youre wearing a boring knit with a b/d underneath, you still stand out. it all kind of counters out.

reedo, your fits are really good too, but you just lack the bridge between edgy and boring. like you mentioned it seems like you dont wanna drift from your comfort zone, but i think something as simple as a new hairstyle could change this drastically. change is good. i dont want to offend you, but you seem like a really good christian boy or something to me and in a way your fits seem contrived, because i know youre completely different and probably less preppy in real life than how youre projected on here. fashion caters to the guy who strives to be the best dressed and most presentable as well as the badass who looks like he just doesnt give a ****. its hard to think of a non-corny reference, but its like being compared to Mr. Rogers vs. Fonzy or a goth/vampire by your friends/classmates. i would much rather get the Fonzy or vampire comment, but you on the other hand would be better off accepting a happy medium as zombie Mr. Rogers or something. i feel like you can do what youre doing now, but in a more edgy and unique way.

TLDR, a lot of us younger members dress like "modern" old men, when we could look pretty badass if we dressed more age suitable.

i am by no means void of anything i'm saying. seriously i am a plebeian on all accounts.

Last edited:

clark kent

Reaction score

this site overemphasizes 'edgy'

i really couldnt think of a more appropriate term. people here lack the aggressiveness that they should have, considering we're all fashionistas. youde think at least some of us would have some sex appeal. instead we're all pre-programmed SF robots.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

Yeah, but the way you dress is boring.

sure, but in what context? compared to most people on SF? I guess. but compared to most people in the real world? fit alone demands attention. also edgy often means trendy, and trends are temporary.

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i really couldnt think of a more appropriate term. people here lack the aggressiveness that they should have, considering we're all fashionistas. youde think at least some of us would have some sex appeal. instead we're all pre-programmed SF robots.

the word is swag
im saying that as a (10) but its true

clark kent

Reaction score
i actually refrained from saying swag because i didnt want to deal with the outlash, but youre right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads