The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

This is a little too Mr. Rogers. I think the cardigan is the offender, but unbuttoning another button on your shirt would help a lot. Also, those shoes are way too dressy for jeans.

2. miran

miran Senior member

I don't think this is the place for the reply but since my attempt to photograph my fit was a disaster, briefly:

I don't live in Greece so I can't speak for Greeks themselves. But there is a sense of desesperation amongst Greeks and also some resentment. Others are detangling through the tangled mess to search for how we got here. We didn't get here alone.

The media is not helping, lumping all of it together into the "Euro Crisis". The crisis in Ireland, for ex, was based on excessive speculation in property based on easy leverage for mortgages thanks to ridiculous growth in the 1990s. the bubble broke in 2008. In a way, it was their own doing, the victims of their own success (like Iceland).

But as I said, we, on the contrary, did not get here alone. Greece is far more sinister. To be fair, it is a quite unique case, but there are similarites to Portugal, Spain, maybe Italy...but it ends there.

"Club Euro" started in 1957 as the EEC- a common market, as a vision to prevent all future wars between Germany and France, by linking their steel and coals industries together into a common market. By the 1980s, the world had changed and civilized people didn't fight wars anymore, industrially motivated or otherwise.
    And the EEC had become EC and a new vision had come out of nowhere:
    EC became a way to help poorer european countries, under dictatorships and in economic doldrums, and which had been a source of emigrants, emerge as developed nations. First Greece, then Spain and Portugal. Greece became the poster child. We were as poor as Romania and Bulgaria, but in the 1980s, we became a developed country.
    we were so excited about this, that nobody saw what was happening.
    Greek growth was at an amazing rate, funded by Germany. The German economy was growing by sponsoring the development of Greece, Spain, etc. New artificial jobs were created, very well paid, to create a civil society in Greece that would be a source of consumers--a market for German goods created by skilled German workers. (OK, this part was probably taken from the Nazi ideology about how Hitler wanted to created a market in Russia, but Hitler had taken it from the British, who had destroyed the indigenous industries in their colony India to create a market for themselves there....so there's your Heil H#^%$$ if you want it). In the 1980s, Greece had few cars. Today, German cars are everywhere. same with German fridges, German made and paid for bridges, roads, subways, supermarket chains, etc etc etc. All this was facilitated by a common currency to ensure ease of banking and investment. No one cared about where this would lead to economically.
    But economic growth cannot go faster than the rate at which GDP is growing organically. Sooner or later, it will become time where the burden of debt become too great to pay back. And now what?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

that's sort of like what happens

WHEN STYLEFORUM ATTACKS!!!!!!!

4. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

5. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I really like this, surprised it didn't get more love. The colors especially are great. Our styles look pretty similar

Shah, that's my favorite fit of yours. You remind me of Dracula or some shit

6. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I always post amidst the ridiculous arguments/bitch fests...

Thanks and I hear you on different pants. I literally threw it over lounge gear, but it will be paired with many a pair of pants over these next few months believe me.

This thing is phenomenal man, fit was right where I wanted it. My regular size would have been another Author Cardigan type of disappointment so you saved me that at least :slayer:

Haha, I heard that before. Maybe we can trade back and forth between this cardi and your hairs cardi :tounge:

7. snake

snake Senior member

Will toss my hooded alpaca into the mix. Want to feel those luscious knits! :happy:

8. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

thanks for all the thumbs :eek:

thanks homie

like eddie murphey dracula ? come to think of it, my fits do flip flop between two extremes which he's portrayed...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

driveslowk that was actually a vest hehe perhaps a bit short i wanna find a nice ann in wool soon

9. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

Great fit shah, when i was browsing on my phone, the pictures looked so detail that you finally used a real camera!

10. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

was still ipod and the other shots were crackberry :laugh:

11. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

today I wore apcs, sperry boat shoes and a jcrew flannel. wtf.

12. jaac

jaac Senior member

[​IMG]

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

OK first time poster

14. APK

APK Senior member

Time to create a Tumblr, grab a camera and snap a half dozen pictures of yourself in the street. Check cell phone or take along buddy to chat to maximize illusion of candidness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.