1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member

yea ive had my eyes peeled for rafs in my size in a color i like for a long ass while now, no real luck.

if you want a really good example of internet hype check out the eg shoulder hoody, those are going to be littering b&s in the months to come

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

my specific example doesn't invalidate my general point -- and i still maintain that for most people, rafs are unwearable. watch for buying and selling patterns in B&S. other examples could be TOJ - seriously, i bet 40% of those jackets get flipped - or junya.

3. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

teger are you insecure or something? did you feel that i was bashing your steez? i dont get it man. i was just saying that i wish more of the younger members (like myself) would move out of their comfort zone and start wearing less boring stuff. stop being so uptight bro.

4. Teger

Teger Senior member

because everything you posted is nonsense. what's 'less boring stuff'? what you wear? a toj bomber and mmm sneakers? have you posted a bunch of fits with raf, issey miyake and sruli recht that i've missed?

the issue is that you see a natural aesthetic progression from workwear to designer, even though a. no such progression 'exists' (seriously, it's.. clothing), b. what you consider to be interesting is probably 100% a reflection of what's 'popular' on sf right now, and c. your point implies that there's a hierarchical ranking of style.

it's dumb dude.

also i find your whole white boy schtick grating. you're like scottm without the sense of irony.

5. DLester

DLester Senior member

Teger you are ranting. You will not convince anyone that way.

6. miran

miran Senior member

Iwvrii.....say something!!! You have so much money....you even have the Jil Sander flower shirt I want....and besides, I think you genuinely wear this Japanese shit that I don't understand at all outside your house...

Jet...also say something!!!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  7. Teger

Teger Senior member

i just lost my headphones (how do i lose headphones in my apartment????) and read 200 pages of mind numbingly dense quasi-marxist theory :foo:

anyway, people seem to keep missing the fact that developing personal style takes time. lots of time. money helps too.

8. Roxstar

Roxstar Senior member

i'm just gonna go ahead and say 'schwag' on his behalf

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

spoken word poetry is the antithesis of swag.

10. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

teger maybe you are wearing your headphones? i've "lost" my glasses like that one time...

11. tangential

tangential Senior member

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Teger is right as always you are all wrong.

Jcrew is not trendy.

13. clark kent

clark kent Senior member

teger can we meet up so i can make love to your sweet body? i would fill your rectum like no other.

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

I see what clark kent is saying, I think he has some good things to say since people sometimes just limit themselves because they feel they have to buy what is correct to buy and shit. I do this all the time myself since im a brand whore.

the problem is teger is raw, I mean the shit he is saying is true (people are following trends), but hes saying it too bluntly for people to be like, "yah." Especially the money and time part. As I buy stuff I like I've noticed it isn't for me, but I've just been buying into what I feel is aesthetically pleasing to my eyes, but isn't so awesome when I wear it a couple of times.

In fact a recent fit people were shitting on is an example of this, I've learned drapey cardigans aren't my schtick but leather bullshit I can live in, I now can't separate myself from them, but a drapey cardigan I can't dare wear anymore. I dunno how im gonna be feeling bout skirts 6 months from now but I dont wear them everyday...

this hoody i recently bought I havent taken off as well..compared to this long cardigan double the price I bought from rick I've only word like 4 times, of course that's also cuz the button fell off (golfclap).

money and time is a huge driving factor, since time gives you the necessary experience to feel what's right for you. Money to give you those options. I like constantly experimenting also. I really you guys need to get out of your comfort zone, not to my extent but its healthy in the long run...

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  15. Teger

Teger Senior member

jcrew is super trendy in the real world. just not on sf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.