• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
-Don't worry about the WAYWT jury; a lot of it is photo skills and groupthink.
-If bad weight (fat) shows on you easily then good weight (muscle) will show on you easily as well. Get your diet in check and start lifting.
-Try **** on before you buy it.
-Uniqlo.

I think the sweater is making me look chubbier than I really am. I don't have the massive love handles that sweater seems to show. I can't really start lifting as more upper body mass is the opposite of what I need to do for cycling. I just need to be better with my diet (nights out are killing me right now) and shave the fat so I can look like this guy.

Your last two points are kind of contradictory. I can't try uniqlo **** on because I don't live in New York. I'd like to take a trip there at some point, but it isn't really in the cards right now.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A good direction for you would be to start emulating Kvc06 style. Get slimmer chinos, wear some bootymabobs, grow hair out slightly and you can do that college kid hunter/gatherer steez. Seriously, emulate him.

Nobunny

Reaction score
154171_10150100922030379_566905378_7811210_3244007_n.jpg

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
A good direction for you would be to start emulating Kvc06 style. Get slimmer chinos, wear some bootymabobs, grow hair out slightly and you can do that college kid hunter/gatherer steez. Seriously, emulate him.

I actually like his style and we both picked up the same jacket a few weeks ago (totally on accident, although I think his fits a little better), so I'm off to a good start. I'm telling you guys my hair looks wack grown out though. But I'll let it go for a bit and throw up some pics.

dls6128

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Abliss
dls: great fit. Dets on pants please, and if the varsity isnt TOJ then dets there too - and are those CP navy or black?

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
^cool

Thanks. It's TOJ, Levi's 511 cords, and navy nubuck CPs.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like that, nobunny. What's the bottom? Digging the hair, too.

Nobunny

Reaction score
Synth: Hehehe, I have sinned.. both scarf and sweater is from D&G. Warm as **** and good-looking garments, though. Helps me get through the -25 celsius days......

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a little disappointed to discover that it's a scarf + sweater. Was hoping for super shawl sweater, but oh well. You look is pretty austere/severe, but it works for you.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^same here but nb lookin good
Originally Posted by mike868y
I actually like his style and we both picked up the same jacket a few weeks ago (totally on accident, although I think his fits a little better), so I'm off to a good start. I'm telling you guys my hair looks wack grown out though. But I'll let it go for a bit and throw up some pics.
buy softys jil coat if it fits or a +j coat from uniqlo just don't buy a peacoat and buy a color you can wear with everything like black or gray

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^same here but nb lookin good

buy softys jil coat if it fits or a +j coat from uniqlo just don't buy a peacoat and buy a color you can wear with everything like black or gray

I think I'm also getting a cpo shirt jacket type thing for christmas and I just got a green utility jacket (the one kvc wears), so I think I'm going to pause on outerwear for a while. Next year I'll look into something similar to softy's jil coat (that thing is dope).

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nix a peacoat, get a capable hairdresser, look at aeglus and mellowfellow and hordes of other super-stylish self professedly "short" dudes for how to not look stubby.

Did anyone get a chance to check out Bally's F/W knits for this year? They're not super original, but stunningly nice in person. Holy crap. Additionally, I was not impressed with prorsum's seeming outerwear quality, but, Nobunny, everything I handled from D&G this year (and gucci) seemed absolutely stellar (if not exactly my joint).

And, on a related front, Zara has like a department devoted to seam-for-seam prorsum rips. Oh, and some Rodarte sweaters with this hideous acrylic yarn. Shameless, and barf-worthy materials. That being said, too bad the closest one is in New York.

gonna tuck R&B long johns into ma socks into ma CP boots for all y'all tonight, just so you know. Additionally, progress on the linen fremen robe is going swimmingly, thank you very much for asking. Basting is done; time to fire up the machine, line it, and get some horn toggles up in this *****. Mm-mm.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That being said, too bad the closest one is in New York
laugh.gif
Additionally, progress on the linen fremen robe is going swimmingly
you are ridiculous. i expect a canvas utility belt with bandolier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads